• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins to the Warriors

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is where he wanted to go. It isn’t like they did anything crazy to get him. The reason you know it is where he wanted to go — he signed for 4 years, instead of the 1 with a player option for year 2.

So I give LA props for signing him, but it was inevitable. Same with Kawhi. He will go to LA next year, but not because of what the front office did.

Surrounding LeBron with HORRENDOUS shooters is mind boggling to me. You take away from what is arguably the best part of his game — setting up teammates for open looks.

LOL, yeah, it's like they are trying to get LeBron to change his mind about signing with them. "Cleveland, I'm coming home!"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame Warrior management for being smarter than their counterparts.
I don't blame them at all. In fact I'd do the same thing in that situation. My beef isn't with Golden State.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, I think he's saying that no one was offering him the deal that he wanted.
It's obvious he didn't want to play with LeBron.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC was hampered by the extension that they gave to Kendrick Perkins, right? Or could OKC have still retained Harden even with the Perkins extension?

He couldn't get a 5 year deal.

But, they could have given him 4/60 and didn't because they didn't want to pay the tax.

They lost him for 5 mil total, which is why I have no sympathy for them.

I will post a link to a story that clearly spells it out.

They could have paid him his 60 mil and still not fall victim to the luxury tax for almost a year and a half.

To reiterate the point, Harden was asked if he would still be with the Thunder if money wasn't an issue.

"Definitely," he said. "Definitely. No question."

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine.

How a massive miscalculation broke up Thunder's Westbrook-Durant-Harden dynasty

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. Adding Lebron likely doesn't even get them to the WCF this year.

Lebron was the first step. He understands this, which I think is part of why he signed a longer term deal than anyone expected.

Unless something happens like a trade for Kawhi, this season will be about determining what they need to do in the next off-season to put themselves in position to contend.

From what I've read and heard, the way the Lakers are doing things, they look to have about $40 million in cap space next year.
Agreed. I was very surprised to see he committed for so long - but not that he committed beyond 1 season. That move speaks volumes in terms of the tumultuous relationship tween he & Gilbert IMO.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some team woulda still given him a nice chunk of change multi year. It's a bad injury but it's recoverable

Its smart by Cousins and the Warriors literally have nothing to lose from it. It's bad for the league though because when Cousins finally does comeback and performs well, it's a layup to the title even more so than last year for the Warriors.

If he happens to not comeback and do well, even then Golden State still likely wins the title and it's no sweat off their back cause it's only a one year MLE deal.

The NBA has zero competition, it's the most unwatchable pro sports league because before the season even starts you know only 2 maybe 3 teams have a legit shot at anything, but even still in the end you know it's a big uphill battle for anyone to beat Golden State.
Well some team didn't move fast enough for Boogie because he reached out to Meyers. And I agree, this is a win/win for both sides. Boogie will have all the time he needs to heal & be back 100% (even if it means he's not the same player) and things will be BAU for the Dubs until he's ready. Also, inserting him into the lineup around Jan/Feb means teams have less time to devise defensive strats against them. Also, it give Boogie the opportunity to show the league what he can do post injury.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or using fake twitter accounts to defend himself.
In addition to 2 Finals MVP trophies & 2 NBA titles...see how that works? lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a plan behind this. If the W's can get 20 minutes a game out of him coming off the bench it's a deal. He can heal up, win a title, and then sign with the Lakers.
Boogie is only coming off the bench until he's fully acclimated & back in game shape.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD poured his heart out and Cousins does this.

Smh. Really disappointing.

Pretty much everyone, me included, clowned on Paul George, but at least he knows the value of friendship to Westbrook and OKC; knowing LA is better market than OKC in every way possible.

Pff. Just pathetic. Fuck Cousins. He doesn't deserve to be called by his nickname.
I think you're blaming the wrong side here. If he was so important how come NO hadn't reached out to him to offer a deal? They were supposed to be the first call Boogie got.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some team didn't move fast enough for Boogie because he reached out to Meyers. And I agree, this is a win/win for both sides. Boogie will have all the time he needs to heal & be back 100% (even if it means he's not the same player) and things will be BAU for the Dubs until he's ready. Also, inserting him into the lineup around Jan/Feb means teams have less time to devise defensive strats against them. Also, it give Boogie the opportunity to show the league what he can do post injury.

They can keep him out as long as they want, until he is really 100% healthy. They roll through the season with or without him. That's why him on GSW is so absurd. Can't really say much because it's not against any rules, but it just makes the league that much more unappealing to me. I've always followed the Cavs but am a pretty casual NBA fan otherwise, I think to fans like me its a major turnoff when you know the outcome of the season months before it even starts. 99% of the teams are basically playing for nothing.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nba never use to be like this. but now it seems everyone is trying to build the newest dream team year in and year out. why does no team build from the draft anymore
Dubs did build from the draft. Once they started winning is when they attracted other stars like KD & Boogies.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is — what are the Lakers going to do now? They have LeBron for 3 years and a player option for a 4th year.
Year 1 is a waste — they aren’t beating Houston with the team they have, let alone GSW.
That comes to Year 2. What are they going to do with Lonzo Ball? He is a terrible fit for what LeBron brings to the table. LeBron spaces the floor and creates open looks for teammates. Teams could literally leave Ball by himself at the 3 point and beg him to shoot. Knock down shooters is what LeBron needs and Ball is the furthest from that.
I think the acquisition of Rondo is somewhat the writing on the wall in terms of Ball. But, I could be wrong.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can keep him out as long as they want, until he is really 100% healthy. They roll through the season with or without him. That's why him on GSW is so absurd. Can't really say much because it's not against any rules, but it just makes the league that much more unappealing to me. I've always followed the Cavs but am a pretty casual NBA fan otherwise, I think to fans like me its a major turnoff when you know the outcome of the season months before it even starts. 99% of the teams are basically playing for nothing.
So was the post season rounds 1 -3 in the EC a turn off to you as well since we all pretty much knew LBJ was going to the Finals?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the acquisition of Rondo is somewhat the writing on the wall in terms of Ball. But, I could be wrong.
You aren't a fan of the Lakers anymore?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not blaming the Warriors for this at all. They're just trying to get better.

This is more on NO. But I get it, no team apparently is giving you any consideration, so might as well just sign for the MLE and get your ring, then be on your way.
:fify:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking with some buddies about this and one of them brought up a great point.
Imagine how shocked Cousins will be when they feed him the ball in the post and no help is sent to defend him. You literally can’t double him, asyoud leave Curry, Durant or Thompson open. It will be the first time in Cousins career, he will not face double teams on a daily basis.
Then, to top it all off — the 7 foot 270 lb Center shoots 35-40% from 3, so it’ll open the lane up for the Warriors to take their man off the dribble.
GSW games will be must watch TV next year, as you may never see a team with more talent in the History of the NBA.
And this is the beauty of it all. The one position GS was weak at was the C. That was the only way teams could expose them & take advantage. That is no more.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I said a few weeks back that if LBJ signs there I'll willingly give up my Laker fan card.

Serious question, why do you hate him so much?