• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels (2023)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks somewhat decent from the trailers I have seen.

unfortunately I think like most of the world, I am totally burnt out on Marvel. Their push to re-establish a core group of Avengers after Iron Man and Captain America was just exhausting.

it isn't so much that the movies aren't good...more that they may have already peaked

I don't know what projects Marvel have in the can, but tbh, they should just stop for a while and create some hunger, and then start a whole new continuity separated from the MCU, with the X-Men. People just aren't connecting with the current slate of "heroes" (they are desperate enough that there are rumors of RDJ and Chris Evans returning), and releasing 5-6 projects per year is clearly not working, they are saturating the market, and in many cases with inferior products. Marvel should look at DC and Star Wars and see what happens when apathy overcomes their audience.

From what I've read, the movie is silly and mostly a comedy, with jokes and don't land with everyone. The plot overall is a mediocre mess. The movie might not be as bad as feared (or hoped by some), but the reviews are not good enough to attract an audience, so this will probably be yet another box office bomb this year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound: :pound: :pound:

The little quiet 'uh oh' and the way Samuel screams that, I can't lmao.

Imagine if "White man power!" BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHA!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the take is legit?
no, you dope. I know what you are going for, but you whine constantly about woke culture fucking up movies and whatnot so it's clear what you are going for.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what projects Marvel have in the can, but tbh, they should just stop for a while and create some hunger, and then start a whole new continuity separated from the MCU, with the X-Men. People just aren't connecting with the current slate of "heroes" (they are desperate enough that there are rumors of RDJ and Chris Evans returning), and releasing 5-6 projects per year is clearly not working, they are saturating the market, and in many cases with inferior products. Marvel should look at DC and Star Wars and see what happens when apathy overcomes their audience.

From what I've read, the movie is silly and mostly a comedy, with jokes and don't land with everyone. The plot overall is a mediocre mess. The movie might not be as bad as feared (or hoped by some), but the reviews are not good enough to attract an audience, so this will probably be yet another box office bomb this year.
maybe they just need a trilogy or something. They have flooded the market with all the stuff on Disney+ that was essentially required watching if you want to keep up with the universe.

the same kind of goes with comic books...they all work off each other and if you don't know something happens in one book, you might not get a reference in another.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am offended at how clearly racist this movie is. 2 POCs and the honky gets the center prime position? Doesn’t Cpt Marvel know her place?
It must be so exhausting to be you and bothered by everything and constantly whining.

• Winner
Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be so exhausting to be you and bothered by everything and constantly whining.
do you know how hard it is to be a white man in the United States these days?! He has to be respectful to people and shit now. It's unbearable

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you know how hard it is to be a white man in the United States these days?! He has to be respectful to people and shit now. It's unbearable
Oh well, I wish him luck finding entertainment that is in his comfort zone and he is not offended by.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, I wish him luck finding entertainment that is in his comfort zone and he is not offended by.
basically the white male needs to win and be able to do whatever he wants.

but the storyline can't pander to any race or creed or gender that he deems "lesser" just because it might hurt someone's feelings.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it

There's an X-Men cameo coming, likely in the post credits scenes, that'll start the process of introducing them into the MCU

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they just need a trilogy or something. They have flooded the market with all the stuff on Disney+ that was essentially required watching if you want to keep up with the universe.

the same kind of goes with comic books...they all work off each other and if you don't know something happens in one book, you might not get a reference in another.

Good news for Marvel is that the next movie to be released will be Deadpool, which should be a big hit. They should regroup and maybe tweak their strategy a bit, but they still have several great characters, they don't require a lot to regain their status as the best and most profitable movie franchise ever.

My 2 cents:

First, the most obvious: Quality over quantity. That's their biggest problem right now, when after Endgame a good number for their projects have been poorly received.

Second: D+ Shows should be used to expand the universe, but should not be required viewing for movies. If they are going to do origin stories for new characters in D+ shows, those characters should never be main characters on the movies. A big problem with The Marvels is that most people don't know who the other two Marvels are.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Marvel is that the next movie to be released will be Deadpool, which should be a big hit. They should regroup and maybe tweak their strategy a bit, but they still have several great characters, they don't require a lot to regain their status as the best and most profitable movie franchise ever.

My 2 cents:

First, the most obvious: Quality over quantity. That's their biggest problem right now, when after Endgame a good number for their projects have been poorly received.

Second: D+ Shows should be used to expand the universe, but should not be required viewing for movies. If they are going to do origin stories for new characters in D+ shows, those characters should never be main characters on the movies. A big problem with The Marvels is that most people don't know who the other two Marvels are.

but i dont know if strategy matters at this point... they are stuck on the avengers story line.... which is the problem, and makes it so hard to get past it... any new hero they bring in is just expected to join the team in later movies,...

and its hard to bring big stories in because you wasted them with avengers and the previous superheroes...

I kind of wish they did a universe reboot... but i know that would be a business suicide since this marvel universe, whether you are bored with it or not, is still such a huge money maker...

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but i dont know if strategy matters at this point... they are stuck on the avengers story line.... which is the problem, and makes it so hard to get past it... any new hero they bring in is just expected to join the team in later movies,...

and its hard to bring big stories in because you wasted them with avengers and the previous superheroes...

I kind of wish they did a universe reboot... but i know that would be a business suicide since this marvel universe, whether you are bored with it or not, is still such a huge money maker...

That's why I believe they should just pivot to the X-Men (plus Fantastic Four if they want) in a new continuity, unrelated to the current multiverse mess. Leave Tony and Cap alone for a while, focus on stablishing the new Magneto, Prof X, Wolvie and the rest of the great characters they have there.

They don't need to be on the same universe.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I believe they should just pivot to the X-Men (plus Fantastic Four if they want) in a new continuity, unrelated to the current multiverse mess. Leave Tony and Cap alone for a while, focus on stablishing the new Magneto, Prof X, Wolvie and the rest of the great characters they have there.

They don't need to be on the same universe.

they can't make separate universes again... X-men had that.. and it was a successful franchise until the end, when it battled with Marvel, and had some terrible movies to end the franchise... but its really about how mutants are brought into this universe... and you have to do that through x-men... otherwise what's the point??

they put themselves between a rock and a hard place... and that's why the universe is struggling(if you want to call it that)... I still think it is a healthy franchise...

but the sloppy start definitely is now making it very difficult...

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they put themselves between a rock and a hard place... and that's why the universe is struggling(if you want to call it that)... I still think it is a healthy franchise...

but the sloppy start definitely is now making it very difficult...

The mcu is in a much healthier condition than Star Wars or DC (outside of Batman), but with fatigue and decreasing quality, audience apathy is setting in. Frankly, out of the whole slate of movies they have announced, only Deadpool (which is more of a legacy product) seems guaranteed to be a big success. Everything else has some question marks.

Until this year they were still making tons of money, but now even the good shows like Loki are getting low viewership numbers, and 2/3 movies will have underperformed / bombed at the Box Office (The Marvels will be a disaster similar to "The Flash").

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it

There's an X-Men cameo coming, likely in the post credits scenes, that'll start the process of introducing them into the MCU
I've seen the movie, and the rumor is

true! :)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mcu is in a much healthier condition than Star Wars or DC (outside of Batman), but with fatigue and decreasing quality, audience apathy is setting in. Frankly, out of the whole slate of movies they have announced, only Deadpool (which is more of a legacy product) seems guaranteed to be a big success. Everything else has some question marks.

Until this year they were still making tons of money, but now even the good shows like Loki are getting low viewership numbers, and 2/3 movies will have underperformed / bombed at the Box Office (The Marvels will be a disaster similar to "The Flash").
Most of the shows and movies that have not done well have not been good products so I think that is more of an issue than fatigue. The Marvels seems to be decently reviewed, if that holds up and it flops that could be telling.

I'd be amazed if it's a The Flash level flop, that looked like a student film.

If the multiverse is an issue, and I don't think it is (nor do I think it's particularly interesting) they could halt everything for 6 months - year and re-tool things. If they don't and the downward spiral continues; that's their fault.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the shows and movies that have not done well have not been good products so I think that is more of an issue than fatigue. The Marvels seems to be decently reviewed, if that holds up and it flops that could be telling.

I'd be amazed if it's a The Flash level flop, that looked like a student film.

If the multiverse is an issue, and I don't think it is (nor do I think it's particularly interesting) they could halt everything for 6 months - year and re-tool things. If they don't and the downward spiral continues; that's their fault.

Quality is obviously the biggest issue, but there was a time when even "bad" (by Marvel's standards) movies did great. Iron Man 3 is not a great movie and it still made over $1B for example. Now it seems like a movie has to be great to do fine, and "The Marvels", which might not be great but from what I read is enjoyable and far from Marvel's worse, is tracking below even The Flash's numbers.