• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels (2023)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favreau faced opposition from Marvel in casting Downey, but would not take no for an answer

From wiki. Downey, by my definition, would've been a B list actor at the time. I guess they had Sam Rockwell in mind for the part but changed it once they saw Downey in the part and he was perfect.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was pre MCU
Milk is right, it was the second MCU movie, although filming only started a few months after Iron Man did.

Everyone likes to pretend it's not part of the MCU but it was. They parted ways with Ed Norton after that and replaced him with Mark Ruffalo (who's much better in the role).

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree... Tony and downey JR were great... thats what made this universe... But his story is now over as they killed him off... my point is more about the future, and who is currently standing....

To me they have two problems: 1st is the lack of patience. Some of the OG characters became A-Listers, but they need to build up the new ones to that level. For that you need smaller more relatable stories on the big screen, not on TV shows that many people will not watch. The considerable drop in quality exacerbates this problem because nobody wants to see the crappy origin stories.

2nd. Multiverse. That thing is too big, too confusing and just not relatable at all.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me they have two problems: 1st is the lack of patience. Some of the OG characters became A-Listers, but they need to build up the new ones to that level. For that you need smaller more relatable stories on the big screen, not on TV shows that many people will not watch. The considerable drop in quality exacerbates this problem because nobody wants to see the crappy origin stories.

2nd. Multiverse. That thing is too big, too confusing and just not relatable at all.

Not sure if I can count the multiverse as a problem. YET.

Loki was seen to be one of the best and most popular Disney plus show.

And the main movie that covered the multiverse was the most recent ant man movie.

The ant man movie already had the controversy where the marvel universe was so focused on black panther 2 that they neglected ant man and didn’t fund it when it needed it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel's villain problem caught up with them imo. In the span of a few movies, they killed Hela, Killmonger, Thanos, and his whole retinue. Did Proxima Midnight even get speaking lines? You can keep Star Wars going because the Empire gets wins and the Jedi/Republic/whatever takes some Ls. It becomes hard to take Marvel villains and Marvel schemes all that seriously so a movie becomes just about the heroes and half of them aren't up to snuff.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel's villain problem caught up with them imo. In the span of a few movies, they killed Hela, Killmonger, Thanos, and his whole retinue. Did Proxima Midnight even get speaking lines? You can keep Star Wars going because the Empire gets wins and the Jedi/Republic/whatever takes some Ls. It becomes hard to take Marvel villains and Marvel schemes all that seriously so a movie becomes just about the heroes and half of them aren't up to snuff.

True. But that’s the problem with marvel as a whole. Not just the movies. They don’t have many great villains. And the ones they do are generally not strong enough for an avengers team up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did. It had Edward Norton and was awful. First MCU movie.

Also Hulk's not Hulk any more, he's Smart Hulk, demons exorcised. She-Hulk will probably slide into that slot.
that was pre MCU
The Edward Norton‘s movie was the 2nd MCU movie and was unrelated to the Hulk movies that came before it. Norton was recast to Mark Ruffalo for Avengers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But that’s the problem with marvel as a whole. Not just the movies. They don’t have many great villains. And the ones they do are generally not strong enough for an avengers team up.
Weaker villains can play off each other, though, in interesting ways. Batman excels because of it. The MCU did have a few good villains but then they killed them. I just dont see the point in that if you're trying to make something epic. The villains are half of the story. Sometimes more.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Edward Norton‘s movie was the 2nd MCU movie and was unrelated to the Hulk movies that came before it. Norton was recast to Mark Ruffalo for Avengers.
I like to think of it as the first one - you know, like the first pancake in a batch that doesn't come out right.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for some reason I thought Edward Norton Hulk was still Sony but he is right

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weaker villains can play off each other, though, in interesting ways. Batman excels because of it. The MCU did have a few good villains but then they killed them. I just dont see the point in that if you're trying to make something epic. The villains are half of the story. Sometimes more.

I agree. But when the most popular villains are from spiderman, x-men and fantastic 4. And all them don’t exist yet in this universe. It’s harder.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also. What made no sense to me. The Netflix shows were so successful but the marvel universe and movies never used them. Even though it was technically part of the universe. Was there some kind of fight between the two parties that prevented the larger universe to ever mention the Netflix shows.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also. What made no sense to me. The Netflix shows were so successful but the marvel universe and movies never used them. Even though it was technically part of the universe. Was there some kind of fight between the two parties that prevented the larger universe to ever mention the Netflix shows.
they are integrating some of them now.

Daredevil was in She Hulk and The Punisher is supposed to be in something soon...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daredevil was in She Hulk and The Punisher is supposed to be in something soon...

I know that they are bringing in daredevil. But feels more like they are reimagining him to fit the family friendly universe. Not sure even though same actor if same character. Similar to how they brought it Fisk, but changed things.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that they are bringing in daredevil. But feels more like they are reimagining him to fit the family friendly universe. Not sure even though same actor if same character. Similar to how they brought it Fisk, but changed things.
the MCU is getting away from the dark and gritty style and I am not a fan of it.

I like when they inject some comedy but they are doing it way too much. The last Thor movie was a bit too much on the comedy side.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We got Ms. Marvel in Captain Marvel 2

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the new bad guy in the new Captain Marvel 2 movie?

Can someone tell me

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever heard of Google? Bing? Perhaps you're more of a DuckDuckGo kinda guy.

It's a member of the Kree, Dar Benn. The Kree are the race that's been fighting the Skrulls forever and evers.