• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels (2023)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bar with the movies up to Endgame was set so high - not just the movies on their own but their cohesion into an overarching story - that everything after is a bit of a disappointment.

My daughter puts it on the absence of Stan Lee.

We'll watch them, but we don't rush to the movies any more like we used to. Still haven't seen the last Ant Man.

To me, it is clear that the problem is they turned these actors into A-listers and now they have to give them screen time... Its a huge problem, because most of these characters dont need it, and we deserve better stories with more interesting characters

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it is clear that the problem is they turned these actors into A-listers and now they have to give them screen time... Its a huge problem, because most of these characters dont need it, and we deserve better stories with more interesting characters
who did they make into an A-lister who wasn't already one?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who did they make into an A-lister who wasn't already one?
helmsworth, Downey JR, Evans, chris pratt,

the women were all big names before... the men were basically all b or c-listers until they got their big break with marvel...

even Cumberbatch, he was big in england being Sherlock holmes and doing some other projects... but the US audience really got to know him once he became Dr Strange...

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically being victims of their own success.

Still, they should be able to write better stories.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically being victims of their own success.

Still, they should be able to write better stories.

should you?? thor has 4 movies

antman has 3

GOTG has 3

if i was to guess how many they would have gotten in the beginning of this i would have guessed Thor would get only one MAYBE 2

antman would get 1 MAYBE 2

GOTG would get 1 maybe 2

but it seems like a bunch of them have been used to expand the overall story, which the comics used the fantastic 4 to do that...

the other problem is because they used their characters to explain some of these things... like Skrulls, it makes it more difficult to go to the fantastic 4, and even though they just recently got ownership of them, they are coming so late in the game that they feel a little out of place... when they do come... And i think that is also why they are keep on pushing them off...

similar to the X-men... they know once they bring in mutants and the X-men, then the X-men will dominate their universe.... so they are afraid to do it... as it is already too late in the game to explain, and way too overwhelming...

ive said this elsewhere... but the biggest problem with this universe is how it started... it started to create the avengers... and that is because Sony owned Spiderman, X-men, and Fantastic 4... so they couldnt create the world properly.... Even ignoring the importance of Hank Pym, and really making Tony stark take over lots of Pym's importance to the universe hurt...

even worse, early on in this universe they were battling with Sony's X-men movies... There was even a time where there were two Quicksilver's
and the more popular one was the X-men one... so they basically killed this one off right away so there would be no confusement

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the women were all big names before... the men were basically all b or c-listers until they got their big break with marvel...

even Cumberbatch, he was big in england being Sherlock holmes and doing some other projects... but the US audience really got to know him once he became Dr Strange...
you don't think they were already A listers?

Pratt might have been the only one who wasn't, but the others were already big in the industry and what I would consider A listers

and give me a break, Cumberbach has been A list since he did Sherlock...same could be said for RDJ

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think they were already A listers?

Pratt might have been the only one who wasn't, but the others were already big in the industry and what I would consider A listers

and give me a break, Cumberbach has been A list since he did Sherlock...same could be said for RDJ

RDJ career was SAVED by iron man... nobody was giving that drunk an extra chance... In fact, it was seen as a gamble at the time...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RDJ career was SAVED by iron man... nobody was giving that drunk an extra chance... In fact, it was seen as a gamble at the time...
do you have any clue what you are talking about?

he did Zodiac the year before the first Iron Man and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang before that...he was doing just fine

Iron Man may have moved him past A List into being a household name, but he was definitely A List before Marvel stepped in

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tony Stark is a more interesting character than any of the new ones.

Black Widow was a coda. Of the crucial characters, only Thor and Dr. Strange (and Spider-Man) are still around, and Thor looks like he's being replaced, joining a list of replacements.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Widow was a coda. Of the crucial characters, only Thor and Dr. Strange (and Spider-Man) are still around, and Thor looks like he's being replaced, joining a list of replacements.
I think Hulk is crucial but they haven't given him a movie yet...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you have any clue what you are talking about?

he did Zodiac the year before the first Iron Man and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang before that...he was doing just fine

Iron Man may have moved him past A List into being a household name, but he was definitely A List before Marvel stepped in
Guy playing Rhodey was paid more than RDJ for the first Iron Man.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that all of them were not quite A-listers. Maybe RDJr was before his issues arose but I don’t recall 80’s and early 90’s stuff.

An A lister, to me, is a household name or close to it. Someone whose name 80%-90% of the American population would easily recognize. Hemsworth especially had a very small CV before the MCU got ahold of him. Cumberbatch may have been an A-lister across the pond, but he wasn’t that popular in America if you didn’t watch Sherlock.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hulk is crucial but they haven't given him a movie yet...
They did. It had Edward Norton and was awful. First MCU movie.

Also Hulk's not Hulk any more, he's Smart Hulk, demons exorcised. She-Hulk will probably slide into that slot.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree... Tony and downey JR were great... thats what made this universe... But his story is now over as they killed him off... my point is more about the future, and who is currently standing....

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Hulk's not Hulk any more, he's Smart Hulk, demons exorcised. She-Hulk will probably slide into that slot.
that was pre MCU

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd MCU movie... It was the best of the three hulk movies that came out around that time... but still was sub par...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the other guy's not an A-lister, definitely.
the drugs are the reason RDJ didn't get paid as much.

but RDJ was an A Lister, maybe because of the drugs...