• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Marcus Peters Will Be Traded to the Rams

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Allen with multiple DUI's gets a 1st and 3rd

Magically Peters is worth less. The scary part is that appears to be reality. And Peters is the better player.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! Watched them both. Which by the way, one was far more disruptive to the team than the other, and his name ain't Marcus. There ain't gonna be a Brandon Albert and Jamaal Charles this time, however.

Andy Reid has always been fantastic in landing good corners but Jared Allen is an all timer. Peters is a stud no doubt and a serious play maker but hasn't put in a decade plus of pro bowl work.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Marcus Peters through first 3 years:

2 Pro bowls

1 All Pro

19 INT's

5 FF's

Most INT's his first 3 years in 25 years; only Ed Reed has more

Has over 20+ takeaways

Allowed sub 70 passer ratings every year

He hurt the owner's feelings

Passrusher Jared Allen through first 3 years

0 Pro bowls

0 All Pro

27.5 Sacks

By the time he got traded - multiple DUI's

Both were on a potential HOF pace through year 3.

One of these guys isn't going to even net a 1st round pick...

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid has always been fantastic in landing good corners but Jared Allen is an all timer. Peters is a stud no doubt and a serious play maker but hasn't put in a decade plus of pro bowl work.
Well... Peters is plenty on pace to be a HOF'er himself. Better player than Allen was at this point in time and that's not me saying Allen is at all overrated or any such nonsense; he was damn good. Peters stays healthy he will be in the HOF, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked like a guy who has an attitude nobody wants around a team, to me.

When your own team suspends you, not the NFL, you prolly have some issues.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think the fact that Clark Hunt(owner of the Chiefs) spoke out against Peters for his stance on the NFL anthem protests last season likely means he would make sure his team didn't offer him a long term deal next year. I know Peters has worn out his welcome everywhere he's went but crazy to think that Clark Hunt has less of a problem employing a guy who pleaded guilty to domestic violence after strangling his pregnant girlfriend than he does a guy who speaks his mind on the world.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think the fact that Clark Hunt(owner of the Chiefs) spoke out against Peters for his stance on the NFL anthem protests last season likely means he would make sure his team didn't offer him a long term deal next year. I know Peters has worn out his welcome everywhere he's went but crazy to think that Clark Hunt has less of a problem employing a guy who pleaded guilty to domestic violence after strangling his pregnant girlfriend than he does a guy who speaks his mind on the world.

yea seemed like he was still kneeling for the anthem on the first drive of the skins game last year, as T. Pryor scored a 45 yrd td on him

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Marcus Peters through first 3 years:

2 Pro bowls

1 All Pro

19 INT's

5 FF's

Most INT's his first 3 years in 25 years; only Ed Reed has more

Has over 20+ takeaways

Allowed sub 70 passer ratings every year

He hurt the owner's feelings

Passrusher Jared Allen through first 3 years

0 Pro bowls

0 All Pro

27.5 Sacks

By the time he got traded - multiple DUI's

Both were on a potential HOF pace through year 3.

One of these guys isn't going to even net a 1st round pick...
your problem with this argument is time.
There was a time where people thought DUI's was just something Rich fucks did.
Nowadays with the way the PC police are.
People lose jobs on accusations alone.
So owners would cave nowadays vs then more.

However if a player is being disruptive, & owner makes a stand about you arent bigger than the team.
I give that owner a tip of the hat. Even if it cost the team for a spell. That is true leadership, even if as a fan it hurts to lose that player.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd
I heard you may be looking for a new team? I'd like to tell you about this up-and-coming franchise blooming in the beautiful city of Cleveland, Ohio. We've even got the first overall pick! Exciting times. As the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals all go to shit, the AFCN will be ours!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on that level of stupid. Will it top it? Absolutely not, but it's in the HOF of bad trades if what the implied return is what it is.
The flip side to this is that the reason the Chiefs were able to draft him in the first place is that he probably dropped about 5 spots in the draft.

If they didn't get a first rounder for him then its definitely set the Chiefs back. But we're in a reality where Kaepernick is maybe the 30th best QB in the league and can't even get a backup job and TO had to wait to get into the HOF.

At least Peters didn't get cut.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUIs, DV, Assault, drugs or what have you are better for a football team than a loud mouthed malcontent.

Just the ugly truth.

Hell, Mike Vick missed more games on account of mistreatment of dogs than Leonard Little and Dante Stallworth missed COMBINED for killing people. Murica!

Kansas City determined Marcus Peters was bad for their football team. I don't think they were wrong. Alex Smith will be missed though.