• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B'OB to the NFL?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw what Holley said and it would be a shame if BOB was telling recruits he was staying when he knows he is leaving. I highly doubt he would and I was getting nervous when I read that espn report today.

I can't imagine he'd tell an early enrolle to flip if he were on his way out. He also had a discussion with Hack and family and they are said to be very comfortable after that talk as well according to Hacks dad.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest I've seen, BOB wants more resources for recruiting. Budget needs to be bigger now that sanctions are off and they can recruit full classes. didn't need as big a budget when you could only get 15 per class. Wants enough to expand recruiting staff, also some extra $$ for hiring assistants.

If he leaves, he overplayed his hand and burnt bridges here. He is still and has been negotiating with PSU, apparently word is he's meeting with admin today.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope they give him what he wants..247 has us with #16 class..2 behind Michigan(Which would move us to second best in Big Ten). I saw on twitter that BOB and other coaches both wanted to meet with Joyner. I'm hoping he stays true to the recruits and sticks for 2/3 years more. Thats it and then we can find someone else, but it would be unfair to players like Hackenburg who came largely due to BOB.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, the worst part is that we know he's negotiating with PSU to get what he wants/needs. If the powers that be don't give him what he wants (which I'm sure is whats needed to get back to where we want to be) It shows me that the powers that be are not committed to putting the best possible football product out there. That would be a disaster and many empty seats in Beaver stadium for years to come.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope they give him what he wants..247 has us with #16 class..2 behind Michigan(Which would move us to second best in Big Ten). I saw on twitter that BOB and other coaches both wanted to meet with Joyner. I'm hoping he stays true to the recruits and sticks for 2/3 years more. Thats it and then we can find someone else, but it would be unfair to players like Hackenburg who came largely due to BOB.

Joyner's not the problem, he wants this done. As much as I hat old chrome dome, he's not the one dragging his feet here. Also, there is going to be a point where the admin is tired of being held hostage every year and ask for some ciommitment for several years from him. if he balks, why should they keep giving in thinking he'll do the same shit again next year??

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, the worst part is that we know he's negotiating with PSU to get what he wants/needs. If the powers that be don't give him what he wants (which I'm sure is whats needed to get back to where we want to be) It shows me that the powers that be are not committed to putting the best possible football product out there. That would be a disaster and many empty seats in Beaver stadium for years to come.

He already got a new eight room, better access to university jet and some other things last year. The bottom line is, I'd rather he leave now instead of next year at this team if he's not going to commit for several years now. The job is far more attractive now that it was last year and won't be hard to find a good candidate to fill it should the need arise

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyner's not the problem, he wants this done. As much as I hat old chrome dome, he's not the one dragging his feet here. Also, there is going to be a point where the admin is tired of being held hostage every year and ask for some ciommitment for several years from him. if he balks, why should they keep giving in thinking he'll do the same shit again next year??

I see your point here but for now I think they have to do whatever it takes to keep him at least until Hack leaves for the NFL. After that, I think we can find someone to keep it going without issue.

Edit... I see Schiano was just fired.. Oh man.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point here but for now I think they have to do whatever it takes to keep him at least until Hack leaves for the NFL. After that, I think we can find someone to keep it going without issue.

Edit... I see Schiano was just fired.. Oh man.

You can't keep having him pull this shit every year though. I can't imagine if he does it next year or doesn't come out and say hey, I'm here for at least a few more years, it won't affect recruiting.

If you get a guy like Roman, Franklin or a guy I wouldn't mind seeing get a look, Pep Hamilton, you won't really miss a beat and have an NFL, prolific attack that Hack will thrive in.

If he leaves, he straight up lied to a lot of people, including recruits and Hack as recently as yesterday and isn't the guy we thought he was anyhow. He'd be no better than Kiffin or Todd Graham if that's the case.

As for Schiano, I don't want him not because I don;t think he'd be successful (I think he'd do very well here and is a great recruiter), I just prefer the other options.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like its gone silent between BOB and PSU right now and BOB is off the grid now. Don't know if he went all in and overplayed his hand, but not good vibes right now. Guess he did make a money grab for himself as well.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... This guy isn't necessarily reputable but its the first tweet like this that I've seen

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... This guy isn't necessarily reputable but its the first tweet like this that I've seen

This guy also said Les Miles was a lock to be PSU coach when they hired BOB:lol:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's gone

PSU still has chance to step to plate and keep him, but its on Dickrod Erickson and the old school BOT members now, so I'm not very confident. What blows my mind is that this was a done deal a couple days ago and apparently these assholes dug in about something. Now BOB may have burned too many bridges to turn back

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit Bob can get his ass out of PA. He stood for nothing he said he did. He has been looking for two years so all the things he said when he was hired were bullshit. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. You are not Nittany Lion quality. I'd rather see a Penn State kind of guy on the sidelines.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw this earlier, also a very reliable source from 24/7, also says most of demands have been met after PSU initially balked at them. Recruits all still say they'll be shocked if he goes despite what ESPN is reporting

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor. Not fact as of yet.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently one of longtime posters on premium side of BWI site, guy who actually cuts film for many recruits in cali, posted late last night that he got what he wants and is staying. Also, another guy who works for BWI was gloom and doom earlier was a feeling positive again late last night.

2 things, if he does stay, they better have his buyout up again for a few years so this song and dance doesn't happen again. He also may have burned some NFL bridges if he used them as a negotiating tool, which would bode well for him sticking around for a bit.

I think we'll know either way today. If he drags this out, then leaves, I'd be even more pissed off. If he's leaving get the fuck out so we can get Franklin NOW

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all makes me wonder what BOB was saying when he was talking to the recruits & Hack... Was he being brutally honest with them saying that he had the upper hand on PSU and was going to get what was needed for the program?

This whole thing has spiraled shadily out of control for me. Regardless of whatever happens today, something just doesn't seem right.