• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B'OB to the NFL?

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
positive vibes picking up steam. Guy who ran for BOT and is pretty well connected confirm an earlier post and said he's heard its done, BOB stays.

I'll believe it 100% when PSU makes the announcement, but it sounds pretty good as of now

AWESOME!! :)

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
positive vibes picking up steam. Guy who ran for BOT and is pretty well connected confirm an earlier post and said he's heard its done, BOB stays.

I'll believe it 100% when PSU makes the announcement, but it sounds pretty good as of now

Stupid ESPN. Watching ESPN and the up in coming news are on left side of screen. Top news feed says O'Brien updates. Next news feed was assistants moving on (something like that). So im watching until they show what is up with B'OB. Then they go to commercial come back and the news about B'OB is gone. Ahhhhhh I want info ESPN something :gaah:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn Live saying he is going to go to NFL. Hope everyone is wrong including myself and he stays but if wishes were fishes.

Bill O'Brien: Going, going, going ... to Houston? | PennLive.com

yesterday's news cycle.

Apparently Feldman of CBS tweeted BOB went to PSU got what he wanted then circled back to Texans to up ante, which sounds like the spin machine is already in motion as to why he doesn't end up in Houston....saving face. It was said he was already blown away by Texans offer, hardly think he goes back for more if he wants the job

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my, seems like the big boys have gotten involved. The big check writers now throwing their weight around to keep BOB, Rod and co can't afford to fuck up now......literally

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad always said "it never hurts to ask, what is the worst they can say NO". I landed a lot of woman with this strategy just ask them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my, seems like the big boys have gotten involved. The big check writers now throwing their weight around to keep BOB, Rod and co can't afford to fuck up now......literally

Give him what he wants he is the holding the gun at this point

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad always said "it never hurts to ask, what is the worst they can say NO". I landed a lot of woman with this strategy just ask them out.

That's a common saying in car sales, from both sides of the sale. I can't help but feel BO'B is not just on an agenda to stay but secure more for himself, coaches and players. It now seems he is running back and forth between the General Manager of the dealership and the customer. All this back and forth sounds like he is not primarily interested in Penn State or Houston but instead he is interested in Bill O'Brien. At this point I'd like to see him have the guts to make a decision.

Then too I am greedy, I am interested in keeping Hackenburg. BTW I think Franklin would make a good coach for PSU.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be all about O'Brien since its him making the choice. It's a huge decision for him and his family. I think Hack will stay even if B'OB leaves.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1491144_683126051727754_1230042437_n.jpg

Sorry all. You all deserved better.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn now it REALLY doesn't look good now. LinebackerU, I thought you said he wasn't going anywhere :whistle:

Well now lets find another good coach and continue where B'OB left off.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still just ESPN's anonymous "sources" which as we all know aren't exactly known for being accurate. I'm still holding out but it seems to be all over but the crying at this point.

Of the names I've seen floating around I am definitely a fan of Franklin. Who knows maybe he can even get Vanderlinden to return. My only fear with Franklin is the QB spot. He will need to find somebody good to keep the guys going. Hack is good, but we've seen good go to hell in a basket at PSU in the last decade or so due to the QB genius we had previously...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire Franklin, Promote LJ to DC, and hire a GREAT QB coach. Try to keep Vanderlinden.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with O'Brien leaving. His claim to fame was getting Hackenburg who I believe came to be coached by the guy who coached Brady. I think Bill is a good QB coach but not so sure about HC. If he wants to leave then annouce that, if not then say you are staying. I don't like all the game playing. Right now they have recruits wondering, potential HCs are being interviewed elsewhere. Crap or get off the pot.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked it up but went out for breakfast this morning and they were recanting a story by Doug Jones on PennLive. Originally it was not posted but they decided to run it today. O'Brien went off at the Paterno-faction for questioning his letting go of Vanderlinden.

First of all I am happy to be called the Paterno-faction. Secondly any halfway educated Nittany Lion fan knows what Vanderlinden meant to recruiting. Why the hell did O'Brien keep Johnson and Vanderlinden, it was obvious to me it was for their recruiting ability. So we are a faction for knowing this and wondering why let a top recruiter go?

Lastly O'Brien knew when he came here two years ago he was following a beloved legend. If he couldn't deal with that then I say good riddance.

My money is on him being fired by the Texans after three seasons.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B'OB got what he wanted a head coaching job in the NFL and Penn State got what they wanted someone to weather the storm and hold the team together until the sanctions were over or got reduced. I wish O'Brien the best in the NFL. He did an amazing job with what he was dealt. Yes I wished he stayed 10-20+ years but those days as college coaches are over.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"€œYou can print this: You can print that I don'€™t really give a (expletive) what the 'Paterno people'€™ think about what I do with this program,"€ O'€™Brien said. "I'€™ve done everything I can to show respect to coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I'€™m tired of it.

"€œFor any '€˜Paterno person'€™ to have any objection to what I'€™m doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield right now."€

Report: O'Brien grew frustrated with Penn State politics, shadow of Paterno | FOX Sports on MSN