• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best QB you have ever seen play football

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was still a very good QB, but the height of the Broncos during his era he was really at the tailend of his prime...he carried the team a lot of his prime years, but Terrell Davis was the catalyst when they won the rings.

I agree with that. By the time he got a championship team around him, and won his rings, he was in decline as a player.

Just saying that in terms of pure ability he was the best I saw. Marino was a better pure passer but he could not move. Elway could scramble and throw darts on the run.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers. I've watched as much football in my life as Nick Saban and I simply think he's the best I've ever seen. That is no disrespect to any of the greats, Montana, Young, Manning, Brady, Marino, and Favre just to name a few. He's had some pretty shitty offensive lines and some pretty crappy defenses. When Favre was in his hay day he had a great offensive line and some great running backs, great tight ends and a great defense a couple of seasons. I respect what Brett did in Green Bay but Rodgers is simply a cut above him. I believe Rodgers has the all time best qb rating , he's mobile, he's smart , he has nice touch, he throws a nice deep ball and he's a good leader. Best of all he's been just as good off the field as on , he's been a complete class act and has been very good with various charities. If he would have been a Chicago Bear I'd reply the same way. All lot of greats have played the position and to me he is simply the best to ever play that position. I was always a great admirer of Steve Young too, he gets overlooked too often.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Lock coming out of college, but even I wouldn't have touched him before 15, and would have sat his ass for at least one full season. Probably two.

I agree. He was a project. Hell of a good man, but raw as a QB. Looks like he's injury prone to boot. I really was hoping he would do Ok in the pro's, but he got drafted to high and need some coaching before becoming a starter.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staubach
Montana
Unitas

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with a few other posters. Peyton, Montana, Marino. I started watching in the 80's so never saw the great ones before our time. We should count ourselves lucky to have lived at a time when we could see the best of the best in multiple sports.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of overall career, I think it is definitely Peyton. Even though he doesn't have a lot of hardware, it's him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a close call for me who's the best ever I've seen.....

It's definitely between Brady,Manning and Montana.....

I may have to give the nod to Brady. He has put up some huge numbers and have won some SBs on top of it.

Manning has out up record breaking numbers and been to two SBs,but seems to choke quite bait in the playoffs.

Montana never put those type of numbers as the other two,but man was he money.....

But yeah,I'm going with Brady.He's putting up numbers and wins with no wr corps.Unless you count Gronk......I wonder what Brady could do in Denver with that rec. corps and vice versa with Manning in NE.

Before Manning came to the Broncos D. Thomas' best year was 550 yards so not sure you can say that he came into a situation with an elite group of WR's. For Eric Decker his best year was 606 yards before Manning. Both Thomas and Decker pretty much doubled their numbers once Manning stepped into Denver. J. Thomas only had 1 catch before Manning came into the picture. So again not sure you can just make the giant leap that Manning just landed into some crazy group of weapons. The Thomas' and Decker all have talked about how Manning is the one that made them into the players they are today.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going Old School included in this discussion...there's Otto Graham, and then everyone else.

Once you get past Graham, for me it's Montana. If he played in today's era, he'd be '10-'12 Aaron Rodgers every year.

Then it's Young, he'd be the same thing...only more mobile. The only reason I can't give him the advantage over Montana is because Montana did as much without Rice than he did with Rice in terms of winning.

I often wonder what Marino would've been with a better set of offensive skill position players around him (I mean, did he ever have a running back and truth be told, The Marks Brothers weren't all that if not for the guy tossing the rock) and a monster defense.

I also often wonder what Moon would've been in a West Coast Offense and having played in the NFL his entire career.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning with no close second. When Tom Brady isn't surrounded by greatness at every position, Sunday happens.
Drugs are bad for you.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers throws a tighter spiral than Peyton so boom.
My 85yr old father throws a righter spiral than Egghead. He also would have carved up that shitastic Bears defense for 45 points in SB XLI.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Joe Montana play quarterback. Winning is great, and he knew how to help his team do that. But the eras are different, and you have to compare based on more than winning because of that. Skill set alone... Rodgers makes Joe Montana look like a high school player. So did Elway. So does Manning.
You have got to be fucking kidding me??????

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana

T- Tom Brady. Terry Bradshaw

Roger Staubach

Steve Young, imagine what he might have accomplished if he'd met Joe Walsh sooner?

Honorable mention, Fouts, Marino, Jim Kelly, Kenny Anderson, Warner and that shitbum, ding toed, bucktooth, draft dodging POS in Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana

T- Tom Brady. Terry Bradshaw

Roger Staubach

Steve Young, imagine what he might have accomplished if he'd met Joe Walsh sooner?

Honorable mention, Fouts, Marino, Jim Kelly, Kenny Anderson, Warner and that shitbum, ding toed, bucktooth, draft dodging POS in Denver.

You have got to be F'ing Kidding me???????

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going Old School included in this discussion...there's Otto Graham, and then everyone else.

Otto Graham probably won more championships than anyone else but those Browns teams were powerhouses.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with a few other posters. Peyton, Montana, Marino. I started watching in the 80's so never saw the great ones before our time. We should count ourselves lucky to have lived at a time when we could see the best of the best in multiple sports.

There were a lot if Qbs that were a lot of fun to watch back then as well. Doug Flutie, Randal Cunningham,Steve Young,John Elway. You it was a very exciting time period