• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best QB you have ever seen play football

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodger's 105.8 QB rating is the best of all time.

In fairness, if you just go by passer rating, Russell Wilson and Tony Romo are better than most of the guys on this list. I don't think passer rating is a fair gauge when discussing all time greats, because it used to be a different game. Anyone who saw Troy Aikman get sacked 12 times and basically beaten like a drum against the Eagles could testify to that. Just my opinion:suds:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodger's 105.8 QB rating is the best of all time.

That's more a product of his era though.

I mean 14 of the top 25 in all time QB Rating are currently playing today and a significant amount of the rest of the list retired very recently with the exception of Dan Marino, Steve Young, Joe Montana and Otto Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be 1 for 3 in Super Bowls and be considered best of all time. That stat alone has to at least make it an argument. (With 2 td's and 3 ints combined for the 2 lost SB)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be 1 for 3 in Super Bowls and be considered best of all time. That stat alone has to at least make it an argument. (With 2 td's and 3 ints combined for the 2 lost SB)

So by your logic Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino.

Gotcha.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana?

Regular season: Peyton Manning blows the man out of the water. He has more TDs than Joe Montana. And Steve Young. Put together.

"Yeah, but the playoffs! Peyton's not as good in the playoffs!!!"

In the playoffs:

Montana (with the greatest receiver of all time)
63% Comp.
5772 Yds

Manning (with receivers like Joe Dean Davenport)
65% Comp.
6589 Yds.

"But, but, but..."

The excuses and desperation just get sillier and sillier. So many NFL fans are so delusional they'll NEVER admit the truth no matter what else Peyton Manning accomplishes or what other all-time record he smashes.

Well you're bypassing several very important facts about the comparison of the 2.....
1. Joe was at his best under heavy pressure, and Manning folds like a dollar store lawn chair.....
2. Joe has 4 SB wins, Manning 1, and that against the great Rex Grossman led Bad News Bears....
3. And lets not forget getting bumped from an AFCCG by non other than Rex Ryan and the butt fumbler qb, Dirty Sanchez while still with the Colts....
4. And last years SB crumble against a 2nd yr QB was spectacular.....
Yea he's off the charts that Peyton Manning guy !!!!! :pound:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino
Manning
Montana
Farve
Elway
Young
Warner

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're bypassing several very important facts about the comparison of the 2.....
1. Joe was at his best under heavy pressure, and Manning folds like a dollar store lawn chair.....
2. Joe has 4 SB wins, Manning 1, and that against the great Rex Grossman led Bad News Bears....
3. And lets not forget getting bumped from an AFCCG by non other than Rex Ryan and the butt fumbler qb, Dirty Sanchez while still with the Colts....
4. And last years SB crumble against a 2nd yr QB was spectacular.....
Yea he's off the charts that Peyton Manning guy !!!!! :pound:

OS you should be grateful to Peyton he helped your team win a SB with that ill advised throw to your defender in AFCG ,after your team spotted them 14 points on 2 kickoff returns for tds.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OS you should be grateful to Peyton he helped your team win a SB with that ill advised throw to your defender in AFCG ,after your team spotted them 14 points on 2 kickoff returns for tds.

You know it !!!!!, but Joe and Jacoby thanked him for it already, I think they call it the Mile High Miracle 70 yard TOUCHDOWN !!!!! "How sweeeeeeeeeeet it is"
:lol:

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is the most talented quarterback of all time, I've never seen anyone make the kind of throws he makes on a routine basis.

He makes it look so easy.

Also statistically, if throw out the volume stats, he's arguably the best of all time.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is the most talented quarterback of all time, I've never seen anyone make the kind of throws he makes on a routine basis.

Also statistically, if throw out the volume stats, he's arguably the best of all time.

That dude from GB came from Cal? yeah he is real good

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey what I didn't offend him and also got lucky with the Cal connection

Yep, :suds:

Honestly though, there is no way you can put Peyton ahead of Tom based on accomplishments, and yes, Tom Brady does tend to raise his game come postseason time which he has to be ranked ahead of Peyton all time. But the gap between him and Peyton isn't that great, even in the postseason. You have seen the articles i've posted already. Peyton's postseason struggles are entirely overstated. He's probably had more things go against him than anyone in the postseason, while Brady generally has had things go his way in terms of luck and things outside of his control.

Any way. My all time list is:

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Brady
4. Marino
5. Manning
6. Rodgers

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, :suds:

Honestly though, there is no way you can put Peyton ahead of Tom based on accomplishments, and yes, Tom Brady does tend to raise his game come postseason time which he has to be ranked ahead of Peyton all time. But the gap between him and Peyton isn't that great, even in the postseason. You have seen the articles i've posted already. Peyton's postseason struggles are entirely overstated. He's probably had more things go against him than anyone in the postseason, while Brady generally has had things go his way in terms of luck and things outside of his control.

Any way. My all time list is:

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Brady
4. Marino
5. Manning
6. Rodgers

Thats a real good list but not sure with Elway up that high and I would put Manning ahead of Marino..

Now you mention about postseason being oversated. How do you go 8 1 and dones when you have the best record and usually get HFA. Also can you think of a playoff game where Brady cost a team a game with a crucial t/o?. Manning in SB changes cadence and moves and ball goes over head, safety and ball right back to Seattle. Throw in 2 picks and an int and thats with 0 Sacks. The year before VS Balt, the year before with the pick six to NO to seal SB etc etc

Bradshaw on Peyton: If you like losing Super Bowls, he?s your guy | ProFootballTalk

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a real good list but not sure with Elway up that high and I would put Manning ahead of Marino..

Now you mention about postseason being oversated. How do you go 8 1 and dones when you have the best record and usually get HFA. Also can you think of a playoff game where Brady cost a team a game with a crucial t/o?. Manning in SB changes cadence and moves and ball goes over head, safety and ball right back to Seattle. Throw in 2 picks and an int and thats with 0 Sacks. The year before VS Balt, the year before with the pick six to NO to seal SB etc etc

Bradshaw on Peyton: If you like losing Super Bowls, he?s your guy | ProFootballTalk

The only 2 times you can say that Manning cost his team in the postseason was the super bowl against the saints and the ot loss to Baltimore and even that's questionable. Manning played great in both games.

And Bradshaw is a blowhard. Dude is lucky he played on some of the best teams in NFL history.

Putting Bradshaw in Manning's class is a joke even in the postseason.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only 2 times you can say that Manning cost his team in the postseason was the super bowl against the saints and the ot loss to Baltimore and even that's questionable. Manning played great in both games.

And Bradshaw is a blowhard. Dude is lucky he played on some of the best teams in NFL history.

Putting Bradshaw in Manning's class is a joke even in the postseason.

I didnt and no right minded person would put Bradhsaw in Peytons class. Its actually more playoff games, just the last 3 came to mind and you cant excuse 4 t/o's in last SB with 0 sacks. Brady was sacked 6 times in 07 SB too see D give up 4 point lead, after Brady threw a td with 2 min left, Remember Samuels lets a pick go through hands, game over. Dont call Eli in grasp and he makes a helmut catch and then Eli throws td to win game. IMO I have Peyton as 3rd best. I wasnt around to see Grahams,Starrs,Tittle etc Unitas and and Staubach were special

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt and no right minded person would put Bradhsaw in Peytons class. Its actually more playoff games, just the last 3 came to mind and you cant excuse 4 t/o's in last SB with 0 sacks. Brady was sacked 6 times in 07 SB too see D give up 4 point lead, after Brady threw a td with 2 min left, Remember Samuels lets a pick go through hands, game over. Dont call Eli in grasp and he makes a helmut catch and then Eli throws td to win game. IMO I have Peyton as 3rd best. I wasnt around to see Grahams,Starrs,Tittle etc Unitas and and Staubach were special

You can't put the Seattle loss entirely on Peyton. It was a collective team collapse. The defense was bad, special teams were bad, the recievers couldn't catch and played scared, the o-line didn't block well, the running game was non existent. It was a team failure, and Peyton was only part of the problem.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat that jumps out to me is Manning's 3 Super Bowls

Combined: Just 3 touchdowns with 4 int's

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do any of these guys have "Tebow's It Factor"?

Someone please tell me how someone this stupid gets paid to talk about sports?