• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchups for week 5

who ya got?

• Total voters

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say to the rest of the NFL world not really a great game at least compared to most of them listed above. San Diego has maybe had a more miserable season than even Cleveland just because of the way they find new and exciting ways to lose games.

As an AFC West fan though yes this game excites me. I am guaranteed to be happy and sad at the same time no matter who wins or loses. At the same time good chance to see more of who these teams are. The Raiders defense has looked a little better recently but that is against 2 of the worst offenses in the NFL right now in Tennessee (worst offense in the NFL) and Baltimore (bottom-10 offense). So they now play another top-10 offense (scoring wise) this week so if they go back to how they played those first two games then we will know they are still a very weak unit that only can do well against inferior opponents and will need the offense to just continue to light up the scoreboard to keep them in games. Kind of reminds me of the Saints the last few years. Great offense hurt by a bad defense. So again just have to see if they are making strides or actually just not what people thought they would be.
I really don't care what the rest of the NFL World thinks.. Im just saying it could be a good game..
You know where i post if you want to chop it up, yup

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care what the rest of the NFL World thinks.. Im just saying it could be a good game..
You know where i post if you want to chop it up, yup

Well I think the point of this thread is about the best match ups on paper when looking at the 2 teams and what is on the line. That is why I said the national perspective on the Raiders/Chargers game is not great. I watched the NFL Network this morning and I think they talked about the match up for maybe 30 seconds. Doesn't mean it isn't a good match up and like I said it is probably for me the 2nd most interesting game of the weekend because of it being a divisional game. Plus the fact that you have 2 explosive offenses facing off with both teams having very questionable defenses. Should be a fun shoot out to watch.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Bills @ Rams game (for me personally, at least)... I think all eyes are gonna be on the Denver "Immovable Objects" versus the Atlanta "Unstoppable Forces".

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may sound homer'ish...

OKAY FINE, it's a homer response. But I think Seattle with the bye is pretty huge. There's a lot of needed rest for a Seattle team that showed some VERY high PFF grades on the O-Line against the Jets. Wilson, Graham (played but rest doesn't hurt), Ifedi, etc. and further coaching on the O-Line... this might be where Seattle gets hot and claims the NFC.

Best Bye Ever?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack...several this week so I didn't cast a vote, but the ones I find more interesting aside from NYJ @ PIT.

ATL @ DEN...highest scoring OFC vs imo the best DEF in the league...something has to give, leaning towards DEN because they are home, but not sold.

HOU @ MIN...idk how good HOU is, the one loss was a bad one, but 3 wins is 3 wins...I think we'll find out a ot more about the Texans this week.

CIN @ DAL...imo the Bengals are the better team, but they gotta take their big boy pants down to TX and faced that OL and young talented RB and a young QB that's surprising a lot of people.

WAS @ BAL...idk how good BAL is...they lost the 1st game to a playoff caliber team last week...this is another one such team, but they rarely lose 2 in a row.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKAY FINE, it's a homer response. But I think Seattle with the bye is pretty huge. There's a lot of needed rest for a Seattle team that showed some VERY high PFF grades on the O-Line against the Jets. Wilson, Graham (played but rest doesn't hurt), Ifedi, etc. and further coaching on the O-Line... this might be where Seattle gets hot and claims the NFC.

Best Bye Ever?

I would say 90% of the time it feels like the Bye comes at the perfect time. Leading up to the bye most teams seem to have the list of injured players growing by the game so any time you can get them some rest is nice. I have only seen twice where I would say "not a great time for the Bye week." I remember back in 2009 the Broncos were shocking the NFL world by starting 6-0 in McDaniel's first season. Then of course the Broncos had their bye week and for some reason during that time the coaches started arguing about some of the changes that should be made and when they came out of the bye they went 2-8 the rest of the way missing the playoffs.

I would also say for the Eagles not a great time for a bye week this year. Relatively healthy but a team that was doing great and just seemed to have everything clicking. Sometimes that bye can disrupt the flow of things.

Now for the Seahawks yeah with a banged up especially Russell Wilson good to get him some rest. Have to see though now with what 12 weeks in a row how the entire team holds up. Makes for a long season after an early bye.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 90% of the time it feels like the Bye comes at the perfect time. Leading up to the bye most teams seem to have the list of injured players growing by the game so any time you can get them some rest is nice. I have only seen twice where I would say "not a great time for the Bye week." I remember back in 2009 the Broncos were shocking the NFL world by starting 6-0 in McDaniel's first season. Then of course the Broncos had their bye week and for some reason during that time the coaches started arguing about some of the changes that should be made and when they came out of the bye they went 2-8 the rest of the way missing the playoffs.

I would also say for the Eagles not a great time for a bye week this year. Relatively healthy but a team that was doing great and just seemed to have everything clicking. Sometimes that bye can disrupt the flow of things.

Now for the Seahawks yeah with a banged up especially Russell Wilson good to get him some rest. Have to see though now with what 12 weeks in a row how the entire team holds up. Makes for a long season after an early bye.

I was a bit miffed when I learned that the Packers bye week was week 4, until a shitload of starters on the D were already banged up.

Hindsight dictates that it was the right time for it I spose

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit miffed when I learned that the Packers bye week was week 4, until a shitload of starters on the D were already banged up.

Hindsight dictates that it was the right time for it I spose

Rarely do we see that a team makes it to the Bye with very few injuries. Just a part of the game so when you get the bye you like that your guys get some much needed time. Like I said unless you are a young team that has started out hot and are looking really good I would say the Bye happening whenever during the season isn't that big of a deal. To the players who have to play 12 straight games it is a bit more of a big deal but to us as fans we see a chance for some starters to get healed up.

I can about promise that when the Broncos go into their bye I will be very happy as I know some guys will be banged up and will need a week off.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best Bye Ever?

Very much so, but at least you owned it...lol

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind seeing a bye right about now...like 5 or 6 starters banged, but the OL is razor thin.