• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals free agency thread: Kicking the tires

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nepotism always works in any business or endeavor. People with an ingrained sense of entitlement always out perform those who earn their credentials and positions.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Sands really catches the hell out of the ball during warmups. Looks like we got the next Ronnie Lott already 'in the fold'

My sources tell me that Otis Hudson is a real "road-grader" and could man the position for the next decade.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bengals aren't forced to spend money, then sign up for an extra fantasy leaugue or two.

end of story. One of our decent players will get pissed off and sit the season out.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the team that was strongly considering letting Jordan Palmer be it's starting QB. At least they weren't that stupid, but they thought about it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baghdad Hob likes to use fuzzy math when it comes to talking contract..... The Bengals just don't use any creativity when it comes to managing the cap and signing players. Mike gave that job to Katie and Troy.... Not someone with real qualifications.

There really isn't much that needs to be done to "manage" the cap for the Bengals considering they're always so much under it.

Though you're spot on with the "fuzzy math". Despite Hobson's claims, the Bengals weren't anywhere near $120 million, at least not in the sense the rest of the league looks at it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were a real team that actually made moves in the offseason, would you guys be willing to offer one of our firsts and a big contract to try to lure Arian Foster (assuming we have to give up a 1st because of a franchise tag)?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for AJ Green, and possibly an improving Big Red, a Canadian team would potentially kick our ass.

This organization if a freaking embarrassment to the city, and that's saying a lot considering the street car debate, Marge Schott, the riots, and the Pete Rose saga.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for AJ Green, and possibly an improving Big Red, a Canadian team would potentially kick our ass.

This organization if a freaking embarrassment to the city, and that's saying a lot considering the street car debate, Marge Schott, the riots, and the Pete Rose saga.

Marge Schott was a becon of light to this community!

She loved black people and Jews.

:peace:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were a real team that actually made moves in the offseason, would you guys be willing to offer one of our firsts and a big contract to try to lure Arian Foster (assuming we have to give up a 1st because of a franchise tag)?

By default, the franchise tag requires two 1st round picks, and a transition tag requires a 1st and a 3rd unless negotiated differently.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misused the 'franchise' tag with regards to Foster.

Foster is a restricted FA given that he hasn't had enough years in the league. That means teams can sign him to an offer-sheet and if the Texans don't match they must offer compensation. Apparently that compensation is a 1st round pick based off the idea that the Texans will give him a max tender offer.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Look at post 13.... A few days ago I predicted that Hobspin would compare one of our current players to Jeremy Lin of the Knicks...... Instead, he decided to make the comparison about one of our former players

Blakemania develops into Linsanity

It really is that easy to predict good ole' Geoff these days.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL! Look at post 13.... A few days ago I predicted that Hobspin would compare one of our current players to Jeremy Lin of the Knicks...... Instead, he decided to make the comparison about one of our former players

Blakemania develops into Linsanity

It really is that easy to predict good ole' Geoff these days.

I predict a John Kerry reference soon