• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals free agency thread: Kicking the tires

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like me might as well have 1 thread to discuss free agency in. Hobson is hinting that the Bengals won't be looking at any of the big named free agents.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bengals' Free Agent Future Coming into the Clear - Cincy Jungle

The part that concerns me is "resigning our own FAs". If this includes Benson and Livings, then I give up. The one good thing, supposedly, about keeping Marvin is that Mike Brown is letting him make more personnel decisions, but if his decisions are to bring back guys like Benson, then he's just as big an idiot as MB is.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES, YES, MUHAHAHAHAHA, LETS SIGN BROKEBACK TO YET ANOTHER SEASON OF "STUFF"

I can just see myself watching Denver games and checking NFL.com to see how bad the Bengals are doing during commercials because they've been blacked out every home game. Maybe I'll be a Denver fan, but I'll at least attend one Bengals game to keep up appearances. Same Old Motha Frackin Bengals. 0-16 if AJGreen gets injured.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can we call it the 'kicking tires' thread. Bengals keeping their own and not pursuing players that other teams covet. Nothing to see here...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we call it the 'kicking tires' thread. Bengals keeping their own and not pursuing players that other teams covet. Nothing to see here...

Done.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Crash. Poor bastard.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Down towards the bottom is the article:

Years of experience

Here are some of the gems:

"...they aren't going to be in the front of the biggest wave in free-agent history that numbers about 600 players when it kicks off March 13. By the time the second week settles, it's going to be a buyer's market."

"Plus, the Bengals are coming off their most active free-agent take in history when they spent more than the $120 million salary cap in cash and they've been indicating they want to keep their young core before they do anything else."

"Several published reports have the Bengals with about $44 million to spend and because they had so many guys with one-year deals, 44 mil doesn't go as far as it used to."

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody who thought we were going to go after Nicks, or Finnegan, or any of the other big names is sipping that gin and juice.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who needs Carl Nicks when you got Mike McGlynn?

images
?

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hobson is pounding that company line as usual.

He is just going off of past history which is a safe bet. That said, he isn't always right. I tweeted him about signing Lawson when he became available and he didn't think it would happen. Said he was a "3-4 guy".

They signed him like a day or two later.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we'll bring in our regular cast of criminals and has-beens...... Might even get a visit from a top-line guy to "kick the tires" and create leverage for wherever he might end up. We'll end up with a very average safety, a linebacker I've never heard of, and a 4th receiver.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah...we don't need a Safety via Free Agency or the Draft. Remember, Hobspin told us that Jeromy Miles and Robert Sand are already on the roster! They are ready to have a "high impact".

Call to The Show

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...we don't need a Safety via Free Agency or the Draft. Remember, Hobspin told us that Jeromy Miles and Robert Sand are already on the roster! They are ready to have a "high impact".

Call to The Show

Sometime within the next month look for Hobspin to compare one of our bench players to Jeremy Lin of the Knicks..... I can just feel it

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know who else is planning on signing these guys if the Bengals have zero room to sign FA players, then how can anyone else be capable of signign these guys either.

You can't tell me that the other teams under the cap number have no personal free agents of their own to sign that is going to eat up some of their room also.

Only guy I really care about in FA is Finnegan and an average guard. The rest can be filler, as I think we can address our other issues in the draft.

This is only bad news for those wanting to see a replacement for Benson also, as it looks like with no budget for outside free agents, our sights are set on Benson as our starting RB this year also.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard that Sands really catches the hell out of the ball during warmups. Looks like we got the next Ronnie Lott already 'in the fold'

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This isn't really a surprise, since this is Mike Brown's last year to be cheap. He has to spend next year. He'll save everything he can this year.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just want to know who else is planning on signing these guys if the Bengals have zero room to sign FA players, then how can anyone else be capable of signign these guys either.

You can't tell me that the other teams under the cap number have no personal free agents of their own to sign that is going to eat up some of their room also.

Only guy I really care about in FA is Finnegan and an average guard. The rest can be filler, as I think we can address our other issues in the draft.

This is only bad news for those wanting to see a replacement for Benson also, as it looks like with no budget for outside free agents, our sights are set on Benson as our starting RB this year also.

I think we'll retain a number of our guys with the exception of Benson, Livings etc but expect Nelson and others back. That being said we shoud have a ton of dough to throw around if they were so inclined. I'm not saying they should spend it all...but they could address a couple positions (namely OG and SS). Other teams seem to be able to keep their key guys and make a couple key additions via FA.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take whatever makes since to you and me, and throw it out the window.

Then, you'll understand the Bengals.
There are forums filled with people who never question the Bengals. Root for Marvin or else your not a Bengal fan, support your team, or your not a bengal fan, if you think Marvin needs to go you need to go, blah blah blah....

good grief.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baghdad Hob likes to use fuzzy math when it comes to talking contract..... The Bengals just don't use any creativity when it comes to managing the cap and signing players. Mike gave that job to Katie and Troy.... Not someone with real qualifications.