• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Art Briles with Egg on his Face

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Briles wasnt lying this time.

Boise said they didn't talk to Briles about the kid.

I blame Petersen and Washington

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Briles wasnt lying this time.

Boise said they didn't talk to Briles about the kid.

I blame Petersen and Washington

I eat a dick and post a thayer article. 10 minutes later you post information that could potentially discredit what I said.

I blame thayer

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I eat a dick and post a thayer article. 10 minutes later you post information that could potentially discredit what I said.

I blame thayer
Yep. Mmmrm hmm.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen has always been known to be a bit of a football factory guy at Boise.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when both sides are doing "dueling denials" neither is telling the whole truth. But the smell test is, gee, if a school kicks a Freshman All American off of the team and then expels him, it wasn't over smoking pot or parking tickets. If Baylor isn't smart enough to figure that one out, well, they ain't very smart.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the link Mamba shared:

Here’s the full Boise State statement issued Tuesday:

“The incidents and factors that contributed to Sam Ukwuachu’s dismissal from the Boise State football team had nothing to do with accusations of any sexual assaults or with accusations that he physically assaulted any women. However, federal laws protecting privacy prohibit Boise State from releasing information about what did result in his dismissal from the Boise State University football team.

“Boise State University never received any reports nor had any knowledge of Sam Ukwuachu being involved in any accusations of sexual assault before or during his time at Boise State.

“In widely reported testimony from the Aug. 20 Texas trial, Ukwuachu’s former girlfriend stated Ukwuachu hit and choked her while they were students at Boise State. This information about their relationship was not reported to Boise State when the two were students here. While neither student is currently enrolled at Boise State, the University has requested a transcript of the testimony and will begin a Title IX inquiry immediately based on this testimony about a potential physically abusive relationship between the two former students. That inquiry, like all such inquiries, will not be subject to public records requests for privacy reasons.

“The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law restricting the ability of an institution of higher education to release student information without their specific written permission. Nevertheless, an exception exists for the release of information where a validly issued subpoena is produced. University officials coordinated with McLennan County prosecuting attorneys, releasing records to them pursuant to a valid subpoena, as required by FERPA. Those records, despite having been released pursuant to subpoena, remain protected, and FERPA prohibits Boise State from releasing even those that have become part of the public record in the trial. In addition to FERPA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act restricts Boise State from releasing certain information about students as well.”

I bolded the three sentences in the statement.

As I said before, nobody knows what Briles and Petersen talked about other than Briles and Petersen, but this statement seems to indicate that there was nothing in that conversation about violence towards women.

Not that it really matters, either, because Baylor DID know about the on-campus rope in Waco in October of last year, and he was not dismissed.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the link Mamba shared:

Here’s the full Boise State statement issued Tuesday:

“The incidents and factors that contributed to Sam Ukwuachu’s dismissal from the Boise State football team had nothing to do with accusations of any sexual assaults or with accusations that he physically assaulted any women. However, federal laws protecting privacy prohibit Boise State from releasing information about what did result in his dismissal from the Boise State University football team.

“Boise State University never received any reports nor had any knowledge of Sam Ukwuachu being involved in any accusations of sexual assault before or during his time at Boise State.

“In widely reported testimony from the Aug. 20 Texas trial, Ukwuachu’s former girlfriend stated Ukwuachu hit and choked her while they were students at Boise State. This information about their relationship was not reported to Boise State when the two were students here. While neither student is currently enrolled at Boise State, the University has requested a transcript of the testimony and will begin a Title IX inquiry immediately based on this testimony about a potential physically abusive relationship between the two former students. That inquiry, like all such inquiries, will not be subject to public records requests for privacy reasons.

“The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law restricting the ability of an institution of higher education to release student information without their specific written permission. Nevertheless, an exception exists for the release of information where a validly issued subpoena is produced. University officials coordinated with McLennan County prosecuting attorneys, releasing records to them pursuant to a valid subpoena, as required by FERPA. Those records, despite having been released pursuant to subpoena, remain protected, and FERPA prohibits Boise State from releasing even those that have become part of the public record in the trial. In addition to FERPA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act restricts Boise State from releasing certain information about students as well.”

I bolded the three sentences in the statement.

As I said before, nobody knows what Briles and Petersen talked about other than Briles and Petersen, but this statement seems to indicate that there was nothing in that conversation about violence towards women.

Not that it really matters, either, because Baylor DID know about the on-campus rope in Waco in October of last year, and he was not dismissed.
dm_131123_ncf_artbriles_feature.jpg

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to call so much BS on Baylor and Bryles. They knew exactly what kind of guy they were bringing in. Colleges do so much research when it comes to recruiting. They talk to everybody teachers, coaches, friends, family...everybody to see what kind of recurity they are going to give a scholorship to, to find out if they are legit.

Well here we have a guy who was dismissed, and Baylor is trying to tell us all they did was ask Coach Peterson to see if he was okay. They didn't conduct any kind of background check nor research on the player's background. I gotta call b/s on Baylor.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this whole he said he said discussion in meaningless.

the real matter is the fact Baylor kept this guy on scholarship and working out from the time of incident until his conviction. All the while, they in essence ran off the victim.

That's the issue. the he said he said is PR misdirection. And it worked beautifully.

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this whole he said he said discussion in meaningless.

the real matter is the fact Baylor kept this guy on scholarship and working out from the time of incident until his conviction. All the while, they in essence ran off the victim.

That's the issue. the he said he said is PR misdirection. And it worked beautifully.

^^^ This. Baylor screwed the pooch.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I blame thayer

I do not think the official statement discredits your post. There is a lot of ass covering going on here. That is BSU covering itself from disclosing information. The facts are pretty simple.
1. Ukwuachu was a freshman All-American
2. Those kind of players dont just come available
3. We know Briles spoke with BSU and Peterson.
4. Report out saying FLorida past on him based on conversations with BSU. This one is bit subjective
5. The main issue is how this was handled after the event.
6. Briles took a risk
7. When that risk went against him, he tried to bury it and double down on the bet. This is the biggest issue to me

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. Briles took a risk
7. When that risk went against him, he tried to bury it and double down on the bet. This is the biggest issue to me

Have to agree. They could have cut ties with the dude a long time ago, but they didn't. Looks as if they were holding out hope til the bitter end that he could eventually play football for them.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, OU did kinda the same thing with Shannon and Mixon.

It's all relative. It's how you value/abhor your perception of these acts.

Shannon's thing wasn't prosecuted, and the real reason why we may never know. The gal (I hope she's ok) may have not thought it was a crime, may have feared the repercussions of accusing a star football player...who knows. He did get punishment via Title IX but the AD/coaches tried to get him on the field. Same with DGB, same with Mixon.

Unless I was there, I couldn't make an assumption on most of these cases. That's why we rely on the DA/Police to perform due diligence on these events. We have to assume the universities and athletic departments will as well.

I hope it turns out ok for Baylor university as a whole...but it seems the Athletic Department has forsaken one student athlete for another...and the only reason I can think of would be $.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, OU did kinda the same thing with Shannon and Mixon.

It's all relative. It's how you value/abhor your perception of these acts.

Shannon's thing wasn't prosecuted, and the real reason why we may never know. The gal (I hope she's ok) may have not thought it was a crime, may have feared the repercussions of accusing a star football player...who knows. He did get punishment via Title IX but the AD/coaches tried to get him on the field. Same with DGB, same with Mixon.

Unless I was there, I couldn't make an assumption on most of these cases. That's why we rely on the DA/Police to perform due diligence on these events. We have to assume the universities and athletic departments will as well.

I hope it turns out ok for Baylor university as a whole...but it seems the Athletic Department has forsaken one student athlete for another...and the only reason I can think of would be $.

It is somewhat different. We are talking about a player you knew was a risk. These were first offenses. If DGB screwed up or Mixon was accused again, than it would be a similar circumstance. Personally, I think coaches cowardly hide behind the police. They know the bar for legal guilt is much higher, as it should be, than rational opinion.