• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Art Briles Texts from Court Records (Compilation)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State fans would.

I hate to break out the "they're not the only school where this kinda shit happens" defense, but I'm 100% sure this kinda shit happens at other schools.

And it's interesting in one of those texts how they mentioned that they could transfer the drug-dealer to another school who was "aware of the baggage." Reminiscent of the whole fiasco between Briles and Peterson when he was still in Boise. No way these guys don't know about shit that went down with their transfer students.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. Too many people don't get which entity has the authority over items.

As a school principal, I had absolutely no authority to arrest a person, transport them to the police station and book them. I actually had some people ask me why I hadn't arrested a certain individual and was really serious about it. I fired 'em, but I couldn't arrest 'em.
That was exactly my point. The NCAA took severe actions over a criminal act that had no NCAA ramifications. This actually involved active players committing crimes and coaches making decisions to cover up those acts to allow those players to play and win football games. If they can punish Penn state for something that did not result in any wins, they sure as hell can take action against something that did result in wins.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break out the "they're not the only school where this kinda shit happens" defense, but I'm 100% sure this kinda shit happens at other schools.

And it's interesting in one of those texts how they mentioned that they could transfer the drug-dealer to another school who was "aware of the baggage." Reminiscent of the whole fiasco between Briles and Peterson when he was still in Boise. No way these guys don't know about shit that went down with their transfer students.

Im sure Houston knew about these when they dumped him for Major

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure it happens everywhere but on a much smaller scale. Definitely not 52 sexual assaults over 4 years level. Michigan had Taylor Lewan assault two people in public, was identified by the victim at the scene, AAPD had him apologize but neglected to put his name in the report, and didn't charge him with the crime for 4 months, well after the bowl game he should have been suspended for. I'm sure it happens at MSU as well, again not to the level of Baylor.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it happens everywhere but on a much smaller scale. Definitely not 52 sexual assaults over 4 years level. Michigan had Taylor Lewan assault two people in public, was identified by the victim at the scene, AAPD had him apologize but neglected to put his name in the report, and didn't charge him with the crime for 4 months, well after the bowl game he should have been suspended for. I'm sure it happens at MSU as well, again not to the level of Baylor.

Like there is No
Absolutely
Way
Regarding stuff likes this
Exists at
Nebraska
Clean and
Exceptional

Precedes
How huskers
In
Lincoln
Live
Instead of
Pussy they
Study

Any Questions?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all this speeds up the demise of the Big XII Conference and the realignment can start sooner rather than later. A lot of schools run afoul of the NCAA but Baylor doesn't deserve to be in any conference. Dropping the Big XII to 9 teams with no good options to get back up to 12 teams would blow the conference sky high. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and West Virginia would be OK. Okie Jr. might be OK. The rest of the conference would just have to find new homes............except Baylor who should get the death penalty.

Well, I mean, the NCAA can't do much if anything and the Big12 doing something right?....

I wouldnt hold my breath.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can punish Penn state for something that did not result in any wins, they sure as hell can take action against something that did result in wins.
IMHO the wins or losses issue doesn't matter in either of these cases. Wrong is wrong. The NCAA may get around to punishing them at some point.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the wins or losses issue doesn't matter in either of these cases. Wrong is wrong. The NCAA may get around to punishing them at some point.
I agree that it shouldn't matter but if they felt that they had the power to punish over something that provided no competitive advantage, then the NCAA definitely should be able to punish something that does.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it shouldn't matter but if they felt that they had the power to punish over something that provided no competitive advantage, then the NCAA definitely should be able to punish something that does.
USC and North Carolina proves the NCAA is not only inconsistent but they are also inept at applying the proper punishment to the violation. And we all know they ain't very fast either.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does...and not just by athletes but by just the general students and faculty as well.
Coaches talk to police to cover up assaults and talk victims into not pressing charges for general students and faculty?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches talk to police to cover up assaults and talk victims into not pressing charges for general students and faculty?
Nope. That isn't what I was referring to with that portion. I'm just saying assaults and other such actions are common among both students and faculty. Probably even more prevelant than with athletes. The deans may try to cover up with the police for the faculty but I doubt anyone does so on behalf of the general students.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NCAA laws did Penn State break?

The media went ape shit that was all.

if the media went ape shit on Baylor, North Carolina, or Miami, then there might be something. But the media chooses to not care, so coaches don't care, admin at the schools don't care, boosters don't care, legal system doesn't care, every one is trying to keep their jobs is all.

But those texts are very disgusting.

Just about all of the Texas Longhorn posters said Briles was dirty when he was hired at Baylor. Wow, were they right.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal.......Baylor hasn't broken any NCAA laws. So there's nothing they can do.

Now there may be title 9 stuff here.......but that's about it.
JDS30Iy.jpg

Maybe they should ask how KD Cannon got this

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. Too many people don't get which entity has the authority over items.

As a school principal, I had absolutely no authority to arrest a person, transport them to the police station and book them. I actually had some people ask me why I hadn't arrested a certain individual and was really serious about it. I fired 'em, but I couldn't arrest 'em.

The crimes committed by the players may not violate any NCAA rules, but I'm pretty sure the coaches trying to cover it up is.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA will investigate the fuck out of a football player getting a golfcart ride across campus. Braking womens faces, r*pe, drugs, guns ,hundreds of athletes with fake courses and phony grades to stay eligible.... not so much.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crimes committed by the players may not violate any NCAA rules, but I'm pretty sure the coaches trying to cover it up is.
I'm not sure about NCAA rules but I'd bet the farm that trying to cover up a crime (or actually covering it up) is both a violation of the law and a violation of the terms of employement the coache/AD/President had with Baylor. Baylor should have fired them WAAAAYYYYYYY before they did. And the Waco PD should have filed on both the players and coaches the first time they got a whiff of the act and cover up. JMO

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA will investigate the fuck out of a football player getting a golfcart ride across campus. Braking womens faces, r*pe, drugs, guns ,hundreds of athletes with fake courses and phony grades to stay eligible.... not so much.

To be fair, it was a really nice golf cart. Had cup holders and everything. lol