• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Art Briles Texts from Court Records (Compilation)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Dallas News, Houston Chronicle, and TMZ:

When a female student-athlete reported that a football player had brandished a gun at her in 2013, the response said, Briles texted an assistant coach: "what a fool -- she reporting to authorities."

In another case, where a masseuse asked the team to discipline a player who reportedly exposed himself and asked for favors during a September 2013 massage, the paperwork said Briles' first response was, "What kind of discipline... She a stripper?"

That same month, after a player was arrested for assault and threatening to kill someone, Briles texted then-Athletic Director Ian McCaw that "Waco PD was there - said they were going to keep it quiet," according to the filing. It said that McCaw replied, "That would be great if they kept quiet!"

And Briles and McCaw allegedly discussed a gang r*pe that involved five football players. Rather than go through proper channels to report the incident, McCaw kept it in house and went to Briles and his staff. "When he did, Coach Briles studied the names on the piece of paper. 'Those are some bad dudes,' Coach Briles told (an assistant) coach," the document states. " 'Why was she around those guys?' "

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More:

On April 8, 2011, after a freshman defensive tackle was cited for illegal consumption of alcohol, Coach Briles sent a text message to an assistant coach: “Hopefully he’s under radar enough they won’t recognize name – did he get ticket from Baylor police or Waco? … Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks....”

On February 11, 2013, an assistant coach notified Coach Briles of a claim by a female student-athlete that a football player brandished a gun at her. Coach Briles responded: “what a fool – she reporting to authorities.” The assistant coach texted back: “She’s acting traumatized … Trying to talk her calm now… Doesn’t seem to want to report though.” Coach Briles texted: “U gonna talk to [the player].” The assistant coach concluded: “Yes sir, just did. Caught him on the way to class… Squeezed him pretty good.” The matter was never reported to Judicial Affairs.

On September 13, 2013, Shillinglaw sent a text to Coach Briles about a player who got a massage and "supposedly exposed himself and asked for favors. She [masseuse] has a lawyer but wants us to handle with discipline and counseling.” Coach Briles’ first response was “What kind of discipline… She a stripper?" When Shillinglaw said the player made the request at a salon and spa while getting a massage, Coach Briles wrote, “Not quite as bad."

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And more:

On September 20, 2013, after a player was arrested for assault and threatening to kill a non-athlete, a football operations staff official tried to talk the victim out of pressing criminal charges. Meanwhile, Coach Briles texted Athletics Director Ian McCaw: “Just talked to [the player] – he said Waco PD was there – said they were going to keep it quiet – Wasn’t a set up deal... I'll get shill (Shillinglaw) to ck on Sibley (local attorney Jonathan Sibley).” Athletics Director Ian McCaw replied: “That would be great if they kept it quiet!"

In October 2013, Shillinglaw and Briles discussed their efforts to intervene on behalf of a player who was suspended for repeated drug violations. "Bottom line, he has to meet with (Vice President for Student Life Kevin) Jackson tomorrow morning. If Jackson does not reinstate President will," Shillinglaw wrote.

On May 14, 2014, after Coach Briles learned from an assistant coach that a player had been caught selling drugs, he texted: "I’m hoping it will take care of itself – if not we can discuss best way to move on it.” The offense was never reported to Judicial Affairs and Coach Briles arranged for the player to transfer to another school. The assistant coach texted: “Him just hanging around Waco scares me. [Another school] will take him. Knows baggage."

On August 15, 2015, after a player was arrested for possession of marijuana, Coach Briles texted an assistant coach: "Sh*t – how about that – he’s gonna b (sic) in the system now – let me know what you think we should do… I can get shill (Shillinglaw) to call Sibley or we can.... Do we know who complained?" The assistant coach responded that the complainant was the superintendent at the player’s apartment complex. Coach Briles replied: “We need to know who supervisor is and get him to alert us first."

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely never coaching again, that much is for sure. I truly hope something comes of this where he is found legally liable and sent to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all this speeds up the demise of the Big XII Conference and the realignment can start sooner rather than later. A lot of schools run afoul of the NCAA but Baylor doesn't deserve to be in any conference. Dropping the Big XII to 9 teams with no good options to get back up to 12 teams would blow the conference sky high. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and West Virginia would be OK. Okie Jr. might be OK. The rest of the conference would just have to find new homes............except Baylor who should get the death penalty.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord NCAA. How long are you going to ignore this?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal.......Baylor hasn't broken any NCAA laws. So there's nothing they can do.

Now there may be title 9 stuff here.......but that's about it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal.......Baylor hasn't broken any NCAA laws. So there's nothing they can do.

Star, you're right; the NCAA doesn't consider r*pe, murder, terrorism, etc. to be a violation. But that doesn't mean (worthless) Bob Bowlsby couldn't step in and start the process of punishing Baylor. However, that might mean the end of his cushy job so we can't expect that to happen. In the meantime, the NCAA goes after schools for crap like players eating too much pasta at a charity event and the NCAA requiring them to pay an extra $3.50 so they aren't receiving an "extra benefit".

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What NCAA laws did Penn State break?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just waiting for Baylor fans to blame Texas again......after all, this dropped after signing day, so it MUST be a Texas plot to steal all their croots again!!!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BIG 12 can still punish Baylor even if the NCAA hides it head in the ground because of technicalities.

This is a big TITLE IX headache and horrible look for the entire conference yet again.

It affect revenue and recruiting of other schools. Baylor brings down the entire league by association.

And, yes Herman needs to terminate Horny.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NCAA laws did Penn State break?
None. Too many people don't get which entity has the authority over items.

As a school principal, I had absolutely no authority to arrest a person, transport them to the police station and book them. I actually had some people ask me why I hadn't arrested a certain individual and was really serious about it. I fired 'em, but I couldn't arrest 'em.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just waiting for Baylor fans to blame Texas again......after all, this dropped after signing day, so it MUST be a Texas plot to steal all their croots again!!!
They're too slow. Give it time.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No there is institutional control and ethic issues. If Briles was directing cover ups to gain a competitive advantage it could be really bad for Baylor.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there is institutional control and ethic issues. If Briles was directing cover ups to gain a competitive advantage it could be really bad for Baylor.

They should give them the death penalty but it likely won't happen

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Briles studied the names on the piece of paper. 'Those are some bad dudes,' Coach Briles told (an assistant) coach," the document states. " 'Why was she around those guys?' "

Holy shit. :L

Not even I would try to defend that

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're too slow. Give it time.
It's easier for them to sit back and let the legal stuff take its course because the courts have subpoena powers and the NCAA does not plus they don't want to be seen interfering with an ongoing investigation. Once the title 9 issues are finalized the NCAA will review the records and assess penalties.