• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How thin of ice is Art Briles on?

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just read a piece where Finebaum said that his inside source wouldn't be surprised if Art Briles were to be fired with all of the off the field allegations of sexual assault and sexual abuse.

If he doesn't get fired, you think he's going to have to run tight ship to keep his job? I wonder if Baylor would still be successful if Briles were fired.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much pressure gets put on the university from the outside. The good ol' boys would be all too happy to sweep this under the rug, but if it starts gaining traction then I think he'll be on very thin ice. I'm honestly surprised more groups haven't taken this and run with it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much pressure gets put on the university from the outside. The good ol' boys would be all too happy to sweep this under the rug, but if it starts gaining traction then I think he'll be on very thin ice. I'm honestly surprised more groups haven't taken this and run with it.
Yup, I don't think the University really gives a shit as long as it's not blowing up the media. The only thing that's gonna dictate whether or not Briles keeps his job is the amount of outside pressure they feel. Even then he'll probably say he wasn't aware of the situation, they'll fire a couple of assistants to "appease" the masses and go on about their merry way.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will not fire Briles. He as replaced the lord himself on that campus as the most worshipped. There is no effing way Baylor will go back to being KU's roommate in the basement, hence the reason Briles is untouchable.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on fucking concrete. He'd have to have video evidence of him murdering somebody before those religious loons fired him. They're riding this thing out as their bank accounts grow.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the sentiment that Baylor is never getting rid of Briles.

As long as Baylor Football is competing at a high level and Ken Starr is having money coming in, Briles is not leaving Baylor.

Ken Starr and Briles are a perfect pair. Briles is part of Ken Starr's Legacy at Baylor. Starr will make sure that Briles remains untarnished as long as he legally can.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Baylor lets him go, right now they're riding the wave of success. I think Briles just landed his best recruiting class ever, to go along with his big 12 titles, Heisman trophy, and new stadium. Unless he shot those bikers at twin peaks he's not getting fired.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles is golden so long as nothing else happens. Ken Starr will protect his boy at all costs. But the media is already smelling how rotten the Baylor program is so the NEXT scandal is the one that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. And it will happen. Nothing Briles is doing will keep it from happening.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will not fire Briles. He as replaced the lord himself on that campus as the most worshipped. There is no effing way Baylor will go back to being KU's roommate in the basement, hence the reason Briles is untouchable.

Totally agree. Filling the coffers comes before ethics for the Southern Baptist.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read stuff about Ken Starr's career today. Of course I'm aware of the stuff in the public domain...but what I was not aware of, is that he's been on both sides in the courtroom on sexual type cases.

He's defended, " the very rich who have had relations with underage kids" to prosecuting others.

What a slimey d-bag.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read stuff about Ken Starr's career today. Of course I'm aware of the stuff in the public domain...but what I was not aware of, is that he's been on both sides in the courtroom on sexual type cases.

He's defended, " the very rich who have had relations with underage kids" to prosecuting others.

What a slimey d-bag.
entjlllytlsaws5rdkuv.gif

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy huge fucking gif, Batman.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles is golden so long as nothing else happens. Ken Starr will protect his boy at all costs. But the media is already smelling how rotten the Baylor program is so the NEXT scandal is the one that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. And it will happen. Nothing Briles is doing will keep it from happening.

This is the key. The media is starting to circle. There will be another one. We saw it with Oakmen. First the arrest and then the story about his issues a year earlier. There is a pattern here. Its bad enough when it happens, but in every case there has been at a minimum a 2nd chance.