• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How thin of ice is Art Briles on?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...failed-to-protect-her-from-sexual-assault.htm

Baylor’s counseling center and student health center both told Hernandez’s mother that they were too full to offer help. Her parents tried to contact Briles but received only a call from his secretary saying that Baylor’s athletic office was “looking into it,” the lawsuit says.

School officials also knew of previous complaints about Elliott, the lawsuit says, including one from a Baylor student who says she reported Elliott had raped her. She says she was told she was the sixth female student to accuse the football player of sexual assault, and that Briles was aware of the allegations.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be coaching at UT in two years.

Heard that from a source

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Thank YOU Laremy Tunsil..."
--Coach Briles

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...failed-to-protect-her-from-sexual-assault.htm

Baylor’s counseling center and student health center both told Hernandez’s mother that they were too full to offer help. Her parents tried to contact Briles but received only a call from his secretary saying that Baylor’s athletic office was “looking into it,” the lawsuit says.

School officials also knew of previous complaints about Elliott, the lawsuit says, including one from a Baylor student who says she reported Elliott had raped her. She says she was told she was the sixth female student to accuse the football player of sexual assault, and that Briles was aware of the allegations.

This is what will do him in.
There is something terrible going on in Waco.
It will end soon.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Briles should be fired.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Baylor lets him go, right now they're riding the wave of success. I think Briles just landed his best recruiting class ever, to go along with his big 12 titles, Heisman trophy, and new stadium. Unless he shot those bikers at twin peaks he's not getting fired.
He'd get a raise if he did that!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles is coming strong: But damn he's got a team of smart players! Bet they'd get into a bowl even with a losing record if it comes to that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles is coming strong: But damn he's got a team of smart players! Bet they'd get into a bowl even with a losing record if it comes to that.

So if I'm reading this right, what he's saying is - investigate our academics too?

:dhd:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I'm reading this right, what he's saying is - investigate our academics too?

:dhd:

how about the hashtag 'BE COURAGEOUS' concerning academics?

He's just taunting all the people hammering him over the crisis they are in now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about the hashtag 'BE COURAGEOUS' concerning academics?

He's just taunting all the people hammering him over the crisis they are in now.

Oh, I thought that was a hashtag towards the women thinking of enrolling at Baylor.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles is a dead man walking. The media hates him and recruits are now going to start having second thoughts. But the repercussions will really begin when the general student population decides to start making a stink about it. A few demonstrations, some donors getting nervous, some big city media types/ESPN begin writing about what they've known and haven't yet reported, etc. Ken Starr will not be able to protect his boy from all of that. And don't forget how Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, etc. will be whispering in the NCAA's ears about anything suspicious. It's time to start an "Art Briles Resigns" pool.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles is a dead man walking. The media hates him and recruits are now going to start having second thoughts. But the repercussions will really begin when the general student population decides to start making a stink about it. A few demonstrations, some donors getting nervous, some big city media types/ESPN begin writing about what they've known and haven't yet reported, etc. Ken Starr will not be able to protect his boy from all of that. And don't forget how Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, etc. will be whispering in the NCAA's ears about anything suspicious. It's time to start an "Art Briles Resigns" pool.

At the very least their class is dead. Our coaches started following their 4* TE on Twitter today so I'm guessing that guy is in play. Everyone and their mom is talking to their IMG qb recruit. But they only had 6 kids committed so most of their targets are taking a wait and see approach. I'm guessing that won't work in their favor.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media reports in Austin are saying he'll be gone by the B12 media days.

For the LIFE of me I can't figure out why Baylor doesn't get in front of this, fire ERRRYBODY, institute their own bowl ban, and try to redirect anger.

Find your scapegoats (Briles and Starr), roast them, duck for cover. Seems to me to be pretty standard operating procedure.

But NOOOOOOOOO.......these idiots are going to let everyone and their mother investigate, turn up all kinds of dirt, and let the entire campus burn.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked. This is the same school that let a basketball player murder a teammate, then tried to pin the murder on the victim. It's clear that the administration is FULL of scumbags.