• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Art Briles Texts from Court Records (Compilation)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it was a really nice golf cart. Had cup holders and everything. lol
It was badass
3549-5162-88953.jpg

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it shouldn't matter but if they felt that they had the power to punish over something that provided no competitive advantage, then the NCAA definitely should be able to punish something that does.

I've got a "great" idea: The NCAA should suspend any school from competition in any sport that is under investigation. That way, schools would not be able to draw out and stall investigations over long periods. They would feel compelled to get to the bottom of "infractions" more immediately.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a "great" idea: The NCAA should suspend any school from competition in any sport that is under investigation. That way, schools would not be able to draw out and stall investigations over long periods. They would feel compelled to get to the bottom of "infractions" more immediately.
The last thing most schools that under investigation want is for it to drag out over a long period of time imo. Look at Ole Miss and the Mississippi lawyer that's trying to get a rule put in place that the NCAA has to finish their investigation within a year (IIRC). The uncertainty of the investigation killed Ole Miss's recruiting this season.... along with them not getting to pay players anymore of course.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing most schools that under investigation want is for it to drag out over a long period of time imo. Look at Ole Miss and the Mississippi lawyer that's trying to get a rule put in place that the NCAA has to finish their investigation within a year (IIRC). The uncertainty of the investigation killed Ole Miss's recruiting this season.... along with them not getting to pay players anymore of course.

North Carolina?
Louisville?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina?
Louisville?

Well of course schools are gonna try to do what they can to keep from being punished or to lessen the severity of said punishment and that can take time. I don't really see what benefit a school really has in the long run by purposefully dragging out an investigation. The unknown doesn't help in recruiting kids for sports or academics. I'm sure more transparency from these schools would speed things up but, at the same time, I doubt they're interested in digging their own grave. It's up to the NCAA to find out what's going on and rarely are they in any hurry to do so.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course schools are gonna try to do what they can to keep from being punished or to lessen the severity of said punishment and that can take time. I don't really see what benefit a school really has in the long run by purposefully dragging out an investigation. The unknown doesn't help in recruiting kids for sports or academics. I'm sure more transparency from these schools would speed things up but, at the same time, I doubt they're interested in digging their own grave. It's up to the NCAA to find out what's going on and rarely are they in any hurry to do so.

Well, according to sports media, the investigation of Louisville basketball hasn't deterred Pitino and company from
recruiting a stellar team for next year.

I'm just saying that, while they are being investigated, teams should be suspended from competition.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles should face criminal charges on all levels. Not to mention what he has caused for fans over many years of supporting the team and for the decent players that have got to face the ugly of a few. Hang him.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I used to think too bbear. I've changed. I thought the negativity would cost a lot but I'm beginning to think the latter you mentioned is what caused a downturn in Ole Miss recruiting. Fact is, I'm not sure any negative crap matters as much anymore. I would have bet the farm (and lost it) that Baylor wouldn't finish in the top 90 this year in recruiting. Here's another one I'd have been wrong on. Baylor's applications for general enrollment is actually up so there are a ton of parents that aren't too worried about their kids safety there I guess! (I'll see if I can find the link where I read about the increase.) I'd have lost that bet too because Baylor's image is about as low as a school can have right now IMHO.