• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any news on Harvin?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't just pull that out of my ass. One of the position coaches was talking about it on KJR. Now maybe the are into misinformation, but that's all I have to go on. Seems to me that every time I've seen them in a prevent the big play defense that's when they get burned. If they don't stay within themselves I see Brees having a big day. Again, I really hope I'm wrong and we win.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't just pull that out of my ass. One of the position coaches was talking about it on KJR. Now maybe the are into misinformation, but that's all I have to go on. Seems to me that every time I've seen them in a prevent the big play defense that's when they get burned. If they don't stay within themselves I see Brees having a big day. Again, I really hope I'm wrong and we win.

And what if Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch have a big day as well? It should be a great game and it's unpredictable. I just hate that you already penciled this game in as a loss for us before it's even played.:L

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You DO realize that there wouldn't be any reason for "chest thumping" if people didnt automatically ignore my comments even though I'm the only one who gets it right.

There wouldn't be any reason for chest thumping if people were open-minded and used their head instead of blindly cheering everything the Hawks do (be like me, cheer the good moves and boo the bad ones).

There wouldn't be any reason for chest thumping if posters had been like, "Yeah the percy harvin deal is SUPER high risk and it most likely will end up being a HORRIBLE move but i will hope for the best."

I can RESPECT an answer like that.

Instead, what you guys provided was, "Percy Harvin is one of the best players in the world and he is instantly going to change our offense and he is a game changer DAY ONE. AWESOME MOVE HAWKS!!!!!"

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account his injury history. Instead you just assumed Harvin will play all the time.

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account that even if he plays he may not be nearly as effective as you hoped.

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account the RIDICULOUS amount of money that was being tied up in ONE player who had NOT shown that he was worthy of that kind of investment.

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account that we gave up our chance to draft a nice INEXPENSIVE player in the 1st round to help OFFSET all these huge salaries we will have to deal with.

Only one person on this board took EVERYTHING into account and reached a logical conclusion: me.

You want ME to change? Fair enough.

But how about YOU GUYS CHANGING TOO!!!!!!

Quit being such idiotic homers who CHEER for horrible moves that set the team back.

Quit ignoring people just because their opinion doesn't match your ultra-optimistic and ultra-unrealistic opinion.

Percy harvin WAS NOT a high-risk/ high-reward move. It was a high-risk/MEDIUM-reward move.

You NEVER take on contracts where the risk outweighs the reward. The Seahawks have, multiple times, and they have been WRONG each time.

I genuinely do not want to "ruin" a message board for people. Believe me, i am not going to get any satisfaction from people no longer feeling like they can enjoyably post about the Seahawks.

But you have to understand you guys ask for it.

When you guys are so quick to proclaim me an "idiot" even though i REPEATEDLY end up being right, you make it so easy.

You want me to be less of a douche? Next time i tell you guys that the Hawks just made a HORRIBLE move, LISTEN TO ME
I love how you keep posting things thinking anyone will read them and take you seriously.

Briwas, here's the thing. Not everyone disagrees with what you're tying to say. Instead, we hate the way you say it because you're clearly nothing more than an arrogant prick. Now, is there a smiley face with a middle finger? :finger: There sure is!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, GOD FORBID someone on this board actually points out HORRIBLE moves the Hawks make.

This board should ONLY have people who blindly support every move, right?

This board should ONLY have people who agree with everything that idiotic radio hosts say about Seattle teams.

Who needs someone who can accurately point out horrible moves.

The percy Harvin trade/contract was THE WORST OFFSEASON MOVE IN THE ENTIRE NFL.

The worst move in the entire NFL and you are mad that there was someone on this board who had the audacity to call it like he sees it.

Shame on me.
:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

Look, I found it again!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you didn't and I never thought or said you did. I'm just not buying what that coach is selling is all. I don't think he even said it thinking that Payton and Brees would buy it. Given the Saints' bread-and-butter on offense, it would make absolutely no sense to play them that way and not expect to get shredded. Then again, giving out false information is so commonplace in this day and age that you can never know for sure whether you're getting real information, false information or a little of both. I certainly hope that if we do decide to play that kind of coverage, we get a ton of pressure on Brees allowing for our guys to jump some routes.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didn't and I never thought or said you did. I'm just not buying what that coach is selling is all. I don't think he even said it thinking that Payton and Brees would buy it. Given the Saints' bread-and-butter on offense, it would make absolutely no sense to play them that way and not expect to get shredded. Then again, giving out false information is so commonplace in this day and age that you can never know for sure whether you're getting real information, false information or a little of both. I certainly hope that if we do decide to play that kind of coverage, we get a ton of pressure on Brees allowing for our guys to jump some routes.
Speaking of that, how is the NO offensive line? Elite? Good? Average? That might make the difference tomorrow. No Browner/Thurmond? No problem if we can pressure Brees consistently.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You DO realize that there wouldn't be any reason for "chest thumping" if people didnt automatically ignore my comments even though I'm the only one who gets it right.

There wouldn't be any reason for chest thumping if people were open-minded and used their head instead of blindly cheering everything the Hawks do (be like me, cheer the good moves and boo the bad ones).

There wouldn't be any reason for chest thumping if posters had been like, "Yeah the percy harvin deal is SUPER high risk and it most likely will end up being a HORRIBLE move but i will hope for the best."

I can RESPECT an answer like that.

Instead, what you guys provided was, "Percy Harvin is one of the best players in the world and he is instantly going to change our offense and he is a game changer DAY ONE. AWESOME MOVE HAWKS!!!!!"

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account his injury history. Instead you just assumed Harvin will play all the time.

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account that even if he plays he may not be nearly as effective as you hoped.

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account the RIDICULOUS amount of money that was being tied up in ONE player who had NOT shown that he was worthy of that kind of investment.

NOT ONE OF YOU took into account that we gave up our chance to draft a nice INEXPENSIVE player in the 1st round to help OFFSET all these huge salaries we will have to deal with.

Only one person on this board took EVERYTHING into account and reached a logical conclusion: me.

You want ME to change? Fair enough.

But how about YOU GUYS CHANGING TOO!!!!!!

Quit being such idiotic homers who CHEER for horrible moves that set the team back.

Quit ignoring people just because their opinion doesn't match your ultra-optimistic and ultra-unrealistic opinion.

Percy harvin WAS NOT a high-risk/ high-reward move. It was a high-risk/MEDIUM-reward move.

You NEVER take on contracts where the risk outweighs the reward. The Seahawks have, multiple times, and they have been WRONG each time.

I genuinely do not want to "ruin" a message board for people. Believe me, i am not going to get any satisfaction from people no longer feeling like they can enjoyably post about the Seahawks.

But you have to understand you guys ask for it.

When you guys are so quick to proclaim me an "idiot" even though i REPEATEDLY end up being right, you make it so easy.

You want me to be less of a douche? Next time i tell you guys that the Hawks just made a HORRIBLE move, LISTEN TO ME

Perhaps people will take you more seriously if you stop posting like a damn douche. Something will never change. :L

And for goodness sake cut down on your posts man. No one is going to read a damn thing. I don't have to read it but know that it's filled with the usual prickness.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Briwas showed up . I had already called it a day. He's rapidly moving to stage 2.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what if Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch have a big day as well? It should be a great game and it's unpredictable. I just hate that you already penciled this game in as a loss for us before it's even played.:L

So everyone should just blindly believe Seattle won't lose another game the rest of the year? I don't ever have blinders on with any football team. This Seahawks team is probably the best all around team they have ever put on the field, but this is the NFL and upsets happen every single week. When was the last time a 15-1 regular season team won the super bowl?

I not only said I didn't like our chances tonight, but also said it wouldn't end up mattering. The only other game I would expect us to have a reasonable chance of losing is the SF game while the Saints have more. Finishing the season 13-3 would still give them everything they need to make that run to the big show. It isn't game over if the don't clinch home field this week ffs.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone should just blindly believe Seattle won't lose another game the rest of the year? I don't ever have blinders on with any football team. This Seahawks team is probably the best all around team they have ever put on the field, but this is the NFL and upsets happen every single week. When was the last time a 15-1 regular season team won the super bowl?

I not only said I didn't like our chances tonight, but also said it wouldn't end up mattering. The only other game I would expect us to have a reasonable chance of losing is the SF game while the Saints have more. Finishing the season 13-3 would still give them everything they need to make that run to the big show. It isn't game over if the don't clinch home field this week ffs.

Did I say anything about everyone "blindly believe Seattle won't lose"??? Coming into the season, I had the Seahawks at 14-2 or 13-3. So yes, I do see them losing at least another 2 games. However, because they have a tremendously record at home, I find it hard for them to lose and I do believe they can go 8-0 again, that's a trend.

Your reasoning for not liking the chances because we lost 2 CB's and Harvin being doubtful is unreasonable. The Seahawks have the #1 passing defense in the league and until Brees go out there and prove that he can throw against us, we should be fine, strictly speaking on the defensive side of the ball only. It's about Brees proving he can throw the ball against us as much as the replacement CB's showing they can stop Brees.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reasons for having doubt are unreasonable? That's another way of saying I'm an idiot.

I think both of these teams are close in overall ability. Seattle is much better at running the ball while the Saints have a better passing game. Both have things they do well on defense. Seattle's edges are that it is a home game, Saints are dead last in the league on run stopping on 2nd down and fairly low in many other run stopping stats, and Lynch will be feasting on that defense. The Saint's edges are drew brees, drew brees, and drew brees. He has been lighting it up in recent weeks.

The saints run in 11 personnel most of the time and their TE is maybe the guy we have to worry about the most. In a nickel look Seattle will be putting Sherman on their TE? :noidea: and that leaves Lane and Maxwell as the other two corners.

What is a dime package going to look like? Can we even field a dime right now?

The Saints pass the ball 70% of the time in the first halves of games this year. You can bet they will run 4 receivers at us knowing we have a lack of depth in the back right now.

Also while Seattle has an outstanding record at home, it sure doesn't mean they can't lose one. Didn't they have a close call at home against a team not going to make the playoffs this year already?

When you combine all of that it is hardly unreasonable to see where we could lose this game. A bad turnover here or a lucky special teams break there along with brees and what I believe will be a big night from him and Seattle loses.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard I think every die hard Seahawks fans knows we can lose … It's the NFL and any team can have a hot game or have a cold game… That's football at this level… But looking at this match-up I can see Wilson having a big day vs the Saints D and we both know Lynch is gonna get his … It's not all about just our corners missing because that's one area of the game.. YEAH it sucks but were still elite vs the pass with arguably the best safety and best corner in the game… Brees is gonna have a challenge out there vs our D … There gonna come after him…

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reasons for having doubt are unreasonable? That's another way of saying I'm an idiot.

I think both of these teams are close in overall ability. Seattle is much better at running the ball while the Saints have a better passing game. Both have things they do well on defense. Seattle's edges are that it is a home game, Saints are dead last in the league on run stopping on 2nd down and fairly low in many other run stopping stats, and Lynch will be feasting on that defense. The Saint's edges are drew brees, drew brees, and drew brees. He has been lighting it up in recent weeks.

The saints run in 11 personnel most of the time and their TE is maybe the guy we have to worry about the most. In a nickel look Seattle will be putting Sherman on their TE? :noidea: and that leaves Lane and Maxwell as the other two corners.

The Saints pass the ball 70% of the time in the first halves of games this year. You can bet they will run 4 receivers at us knowing we have a lack of depth in the back right now.

Also while Seattle has an outstanding record at home, it sure doesn't mean they can't lose one. Didn't they have a close call at home against a team not going to make the playoffs this year already?

When you combine all of that it is hardly unreasonable to see where we could lose this game. A bad turnover here or a lucky special teams break there along with brees and what I believe will be a big night from him and Seattle loses.

Again, I didn't call you an idiot, you said it yourself. I respect your opinion as much as I respect any other posters opinions on this board. Let me make it clear that any teams in the NFL could lose. However, let see what kind of impact losing 2 CB's and Harvin will have on the outcome of the game.

My reasoning for claiming they will be fine because 1) Seahawks are still 10-1 without the help of Harvin. 2) They were fine with and without Browner/Thurmond before.

I won't claim that I don't suddenly like our chances because those guys are no longer in the game.

Oh well, we'll see how the game plays out.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Graham is reduced to maybe 5 catches then this should be very good for the Hawks,Sherman and Kam will be watching him closely and switching on him.

With Avril and Bennett added our pass rush is ton's better.

Lynch and the running game is crucial,if you can run the ball you control the pace of the game so i expect seeing us trying to solidify the run,the Saints will want to come out of the gates hard on RW i believe but this is where RW excel's,he will adapt and make them pay if they over do it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard I think every die hard Seahawks fans knows we can lose … It's the NFL and any team can have a hot game or have a cold game… That's football at this level… But looking at this match-up I can see Wilson having a big day vs the Saints D and we both know Lynch is gonna get his … It's not all about just our corners missing because that's one area of the game.. YEAH it sucks but were still elite vs the pass with arguably the best safety and best corner in the game… Brees is gonna have a challenge out there vs our D … There gonna come after him…

Exactly Bree's should be more concerned that RW imo.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how much you would rather live in denial, COLOSSAL BLUNDERS like that can ruin a team's ability to compete year after year.

QUOTE]

Well we've improved every year since Carroll took over. We were 11-5 plus a playoff win last year and we're 10-1 now with a first round bye in reach. So whatever colossal blunders the team is making I hope they keep screwing up because it's working out fantastic. They might even blunder their way to a Superbowl parade in downtown Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from work. I'm working on the Briwas problem. Some posters are just lost causes and he's one of them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see a problem with you having doubts. Some posters are going to disagree with why you have doubts, but they are good reasons.

My opinion hasn't changed, I still like the Seahawks, but it's not a slam dunk that's for sure. I guess we'll see tonight.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After perusing the posts made by you briwas I have come to the conclusion that you sir are a Douchebag....