• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any news on Harvin?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if there's nothing wrong structurally and it's just sore, he should play. Every damn player in football is sore by week 13! Come on

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with that news, I'm looking to Lockette to be somewhat of an xfactor on monday with his speed on the field. It could be an element that does just enough to open up the passing game if he makes a big play or two early.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs.
It's about the post season play for Harvin.

I'll wait for judgment until then.
If he can't/won't/doesn't perform in the playoffs, then I'll care about this setback.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs.
It's about the post season play for Harvin.

I'll wait for judgment until then.
If he can't/won't/doesn't perform in the playoffs, then I'll care about this setback.
IMO this game is almost as important as a playoff game. Playing postseason games in Seattle vs New Orleans is huge.

I still think we can win, but I like our chances much more even with a sore Percy Harvin on the field.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this game is almost as important as a playoff game. Playing postseason games in Seattle vs New Orleans is huge.

I still think we can win, but I like our chances much more even with a sore Percy Harvin on the field.

If he's soar though you don't want him to push it… That's how injuries happen…. Good news is we've played the entire season without him and we've done fine… Our depth is why we are where we are… It would be great if he's ok come game-time but we need to be cautious and let this thing heal 100 percent without having him push it to much…

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it great having Harvin and Rice on the team?

I just wish there was SOMEONE who said from day 1 how horrible the moves were.

If only SOMEONE had seen this coming.

Ahhhhhhh there it is!

Shall we consult the meter to see how we feel about briwas's opinions?

give-a-fuck-o-meter.gif

Yeah, that's not looking too good chief.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for you to tell us what the team should have done and who EXACTLY they should have signed instead.

Your opinions are utterly worthless unless you can do that. I've asked many times.

Still waiting...

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's soar though you don't want him to push it… That's how injuries happen…. Good news is we've played the entire season without him and we've done fine… Our depth is why we are where we are… It would be great if he's ok come game-time but we need to be cautious and let this thing heal 100 percent without having him push it to much…

Just imagine how good we would be if we had spent the $20m rice and harvin are averaging and spent it on players who contribute.

I absolutely HATE the "we've done this well without him" line of thinking because if that is the case then WHY GIVE UP A 1ST ROUND PICK AND GIVE HIM A HUGE CONTRACT if all you can say about him is "we've done well without him".

LET OTHER TEAMS SIGN CRAPPY PLAYERS LIKE RICE AND HARVIN.

LET OTHER TEAMS REGRET SIGNING THEM.

LET OTHER TEAMS WISH THEY NEVER SIGNED THEM.

Why do the seahawks and their fans enthusiastically volunteer to pay big money to busts?

The seahawks are a good team because of drafting well and making low-risk high-reward trades.

Every time the Hawks try to hit a HR they end up grounding into a double play to end the inning.

Low risk, high reward = what made the Hawks good.

High risk, low reward = what holds the Hawks back.

The hawks better win the super bowl THIS YEAR because Percy Harvin will hold this team back until it makes sense to cut him (after 3rd year if I remember correctly).

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for you to tell us what the team should have done and who EXACTLY they should have signed instead.

Your opinions are utterly worthless unless you can do that. I've asked many times.

Still waiting...

No one.

Roll over cap to next year to pay the REAL SEAHAWKS.

I would have gotten an OL to compete for a starting job.

That would look pretty good now wouldn't it?

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still waiting...

Also, how is my opinion useless if I dont propose a different player that we should have gotten?

You dont have to do a good thing just to avoid a bad thing.

Avoiding mistakes is good enough.

Pick any random FA and it would have been better than Harvin.

Here's a question for YOU: name ONE deal from this past offseason that was worse than Harvin?

Do you realize that the Harvin trade/contract was THE WORST offseason move in the entire NFL?

LITERALLY any other acquisition would have been better.

As good as Pete and John have been, they made the worst move in the entire NFL in the off season.

No matter how much you would rather live in denial, COLOSSAL BLUNDERS like that can ruin a team's ability to compete year after year.

It wont be fun if/when we lose a REAL contributor because of the money tied up in Harvin. It will be even worse if the patter continues with him being injured.

The hawks LITERALLY would have been better off keeping their 1st round pick and drafting a punter.

Have fun defending the Harvin move.

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhhhhh there it is!

Shall we consult the meter to see how we feel about briwas's opinions?

give-a-fuck-o-meter.gif

Yeah, that's not looking too good chief.

So people should care what YOU think?

You, back when we signed Harvin: awesome move, Schneider did it again. Harvin will dominate and will be a threat no matter who we play. We just locked up one of the best players in the NFL right now.

Me, back when we signed Harvin: bad move for ANOTHER injured viking who will never earn the money we gave him. Not only did we give up our 1st rounder, but we tied up a lot of future cap space in a guy that we will all end up wishing we had never picked up.

So there's your opinion and my opinion.

Please explain why your wrong opinion should matter and my 100% correct opinion should not.

Please give a detailed explanation. I need a good laugh.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shaking my head that Carroll had Harvin out there returning a kick. Why would Pete chance something like that? I'd rather comon sense play a factor then trying to be cute.

Harvin was a bad pickup. I agree with Briwas. We'll never get our moneys worth out of him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one.

Roll over cap to next year to pay the REAL SEAHAWKS.

I would have gotten an OL to compete for a starting job.

That would look pretty good now wouldn't it?

LOL, someone doesn't understand how the rollover works. Teams need to spend certain amounts of money in order to use rollover and even then it's certain percentages that carryover. You dont just roll over anything you didn't spend the year before.

More on NFL Salary Cap Rollover in the New CBA, Estimated Team Rankings - Field Gulls
HOW THE CAP ROLLOVER REALLY WORKS
I had erroneously hoped that a team could keep growing its adjusted salary cap, but alas -- it does reset and the rollover is pegged to the "base" NFL salary cap each year.
In the Seahawks case, I deduce that they spent $99M in salary cap in 2011, since the NFL league cap was $120M and they rolled $21M. There are things called "adjustments," which I won't get into in this blog, but the 2013 Seahawks Adjusted Cap worked out to be $143M (it's not as simple as $120 + $21 = $141M).
Right now the Seahawks are spending $134.5M in 2012 salary cap, and have $8.5M in cap room. If the Seahawks do not cut any of their 51 highest paid players out of the 89 currently on the roster, they will be able to roll $8.5M into 2013.
The league wide "base" salary cap in 2013 is expected to be $121M. 2014 "base" is expected to be $122M, and 2015 "base" is expected to be $125M. I have seen those estimated numbers used by John Clayton, Michael Lombardi and several others. So, right now, if the Seahawks do not cut any of their top 51 highest paid players, their 2013 Adjusted Cap will be $129.5M ($121 base + $8.5M rollover = $129.5M).

Basically Briwas, stop coming here just to bitch.Seattle has been one of the best cap managing teams in the league and are set up to continue regardless of Harvin's contract. Yes, they will have to trim some fat, but so fucking what? That fat is not stopping them from having a great season right now.

The only reason that a gambler only talks about his wins would be because he is naturally a loser.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players play through soreness and injuries all the time. Why should Harvin be an exception? I understand that we are 10-1 without the help of Harvin, but it should begin to get on the nerves of some fans.

I'll continue to hold my judgment of him, but if he continues to find excuses not to be on the field, people here will not be too happy with him.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how is my opinion useless if I dont propose a different player that we should have gotten?

:wtf: Please tell me this isn't a serious question.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You, back when we signed Harvin: awesome move, Schneider did it again. Harvin will dominate and will be a threat no matter who we play. We just locked up one of the best players in the NFL right now.

Me, back when we signed Harvin: bad move for ANOTHER injured viking who will never earn the money we gave him. Not only did we give up our 1st rounder, but we tied up a lot of future cap space in a guy that we will all end up wishing we had never picked up.

Please explain why your wrong opinion should matter and my 100% correct opinion should not.

Mr Tacoma is a respected poster here on SportsHoopla, so yes we care about what he has to say. You on the other hand, would not be missed in the least.

Also, Mr. Tacoma never posted on ESPN. So you have no idea what he thought of the trade when it happen.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On your first point: When did I say that? You're just making stuff up.

Which ties into your second point. If you have to blatantly lie about people that you have a disagreement with it renders your arguments WORTHLESS.

That's why your opinion doesn't matter. Also, I don't thump my chest about how valuable my opinion is. I just come here to shoot the shit with fellow Hawks fans, I don't need to have my opinions validated by anyone. Your constant need to whine and bitch and then scream "Look at me! I'm right!" just makes you seem insecure and pathetic.

So far this has been the best season in franchise history and all you wanna do is bitch! Guess what?

NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT!

No one cares if you're right or wrong because you're just a bitch. Now run along.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we pass judgement on Harvin, let him heal up first and get on the field. If he can't get on the field after his second year, then cut him loose. The few that claimed they knew the Branch and Rice signings were going to be bad are full of shit. It was a 50/50 shot and actually got a prediction right, congrats. I thought the Rice and Branch deals were good at the time, but it backed fired and that happens from time to time. The Harvin trade is still up in the air. For the few that thinks the Hawks make bad moves, go throughout the rest of the NFL and i'm sure every other team have made crappy moves that have back fired.