• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any news on Harvin?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always hate the bye week but i love the fact we get one this late in the season. I always felt the Bye week in weeks 5-7 are to early to benefit the team. Love the fact we got one in week 12 but would have liked it better in week 10. The Hawks are rolling right now and it sort of takes the wind out of the sails though.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on Harvin?

From what i hear he is still one of the top 3 most overpaid players in the NFL.

I will let you guys know as soon as something changes

I'm glad you don't post here as often as you do over at ESPN. Do us all a favor and continue to do that, so we all can be saved for your idiocy. :L

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin's role with the Seattle Seahawks will increase as the season progresses, but don't expect the offense to be reshaped around the playmaker.

Harvin made an impact in his Seahawks debut during Sunday's 41-20 win over the Minnesota Vikings, finishing with a 17-yard reception in his lone target and setting up a touchdown drive with a 58-yard kickoff return. He played 20 of 54 snaps.

Carroll told reporters Monday that, barring a setback, Harvin will "be in normal rotation and returning kicks and the whole thing" when the Seahawks return from their bye in Week 13 against the New Orleans Saints. Harvin will have to find his niche in the offense, however. :wtf2:

"We don't have to hold back and count plays and stuff like that. He'll play a regular amount as we go," Carroll said, via ProFootballTalk. "He won't play every play; we're going to still rotate our guys. We're not changing the offense. :wtf2:

"I told Percy that the first night I talked to him. I told him we're not going to change because you're coming to our team, we're just going to add you in and hope you can be a factor to help us, which he's going to be."

:wtf2:

If healthy, Harvin is going to find his place in this offense. He's the most talented wide receiver on Seattle's roster and figures to be quarterback Russell Wilson's favorite target down the stretch. It's a scary thought for the other Super Bowl contenders, but Harvin makes the Seahawks a lot better.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That PC article has to be a bunch of :bullshit:.

All around, we need to become a more explosive O team and am extremely excited to have Percy
in the offense.

If we just run the same offense and add "Percy" in and "hope" you're going to be a factor? :laugh3:

I love PC, but really? If you don't tweak/change the offense with a playmaker like Harvin, then why
spend the resources to bring him to Seattle? It makes zippidy doo da sense.

1. We Pound Pound and Pound Lynch

2. We'll have those free lance outside the pocket plays by RWill.

3. Hello, PC, Harvin should touch the rock a good 9 to 10 times a game and EVERY game.
That includes making CHANGES to the PLAYBOOK and CHANGES to BEVELL's play calling.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. :noidea:

From the 11 formation, we're talking about Harvin coming in motion behind RWill and Beast.
Harvin can take a direct handoff for a run. A bootleg by RWill and pass back to Harvin. Two to
Three bubble screens. Quick slants and 9 route bombs.

To say that we aren't going to change the playbook and play calling with Percy is flat out
Ludicrous.

You buy a Ferrari, you run the Ferrari. You don't run it like you have a Truck. Right now we have a truck and it's time to jumpstart the Ferrari.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just PC playing games with Defensive Coordinators

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all those bubble screens to Tate? - Now to Harvin. Imagine Tate, Harvin and Baldwin in a bunch set next to Zach. oh god that is frightening. Reverses, Harvin. Slot post routes drawing double coverage, Harvin. I am sure there will be something specific for him, maybe Pistol looks. He will also play outside and run some deep routes. Who do you double Harvin or Tate?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be my guess. I heard at the beginning of the year that there sizable chunks of the playbook that had to be left out because Harvin was out. I doubt those plays ended up in the trash.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I think when Carroll says they "won't change the offense", I don't think he's talking about the play-calling. I think he's implying that while they'll keep the same philosophy of run-first, they'll find ways to utilize Harvin within that philosophy to make sure he has an impact. When they incorporated the read-option last year, they didn't change the offensive philosophy, they just increased the number of ways to hurt a defense using that philosophy. I can see the same thing happening here with Harvin in the mix. There are ways to keep the offensive philosophy the same and get a guy as dynamic as Harvin involved and thriving within it.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my guess. I heard at the beginning of the year that there sizable chunks of the playbook that had to be left out because Harvin was out. I doubt those plays ended up in the trash.

That is why I said the article has to be a bunch of :bullshit: in the first sentence. PC is too smart to
be that stupid.

We will see what specific Harvin /formations plays Bevell mixes in soon enough. With the Saints and 9er's back to back it's not time to implement Percy slowly into the offense and act like we're saving our weapon until the playoffs.

9 or 10 touches a game. Heck, Minny gave him 7 - 10 touches last year until PH was hurt and they were a pound the rock squad with AP gaining 2000.

Don't F it up, Bevell. The time is now! :yahoo: Go Hawks!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I told Percy that the first night I talked to him. I told him we're not going to change because you're coming to our team, we're just going to add you in and hope you can be a factor to help us, which he's going to be."

:wtf2:

Well, it does sound similar to what he told Matt Flynn when he was signed. Remember, it was something about how despite being paid a lot of money he would still have to come in and compete for the starting job. Flynn lost. A lot of people on CBS thought that was a bunch of BS then too, but it turned out to be the truth, and the Seahawks are better for it.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think when Carroll says they "won't change the offense", I don't think he's talking about the play-calling. I think he's implying that while they'll keep the same philosophy of run-first, they'll find ways to utilize Harvin within that philosophy to make sure he has an impact. When they incorporated the read-option last year, they didn't change the offensive philosophy, they just increased the number of ways to hurt a defense using that philosophy. I can see the same thing happening here with Harvin in the mix. There are ways to keep the offensive philosophy the same and get a guy as dynamic as Harvin involved and thriving within it.

Obviously, I didn't take it to mean we're going from a running team to a passing team and hopefully, didn't infer that.

Maybe PC was just a bit too vague but there should be changes and those changes are to get PH the rock from many formations. Whether he's a decoy or the 1st option, there should be changes on how we attack from an Offensive perspective, especially against a D like Carolina or SF should we meet them in the divisionals.

Right now, I believe both WC teams will go on the road to the NFCN and NFCE and win, thus sending one of them to Seattle.

Besides, I'm not talking about a full blown engine overhaul, obviously, but I am talking about blasting the Offense with a SuperCharger. There has to be some change to get him 9-10 touches a game.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm liking the timing of our bye week. We've got two solid weeks to work on a bunch of new wrinkles in the offense that there is zero film on. There's a nice chance to catch NO and SF with their pants down!

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it does sound similar to what he told Matt Flynn when he was signed. Remember, it was something about how despite being paid a lot of money he would still have to come in and compete for the starting job. Flynn lost. A lot of people on CBS thought that was a bunch of BS then too, but it turned out to be the truth, and the Seahawks are better for it.

Flynn was an unproven turd. Harvin is a proven game breaker.

Big difference.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I didn't take it to mean we're going from a running team to a passing team and hopefully, didn't infer that.

Maybe PC was just a bit too vague but there should be changes and those changes are to get PH the rock from many formations. Whether he's a decoy or the 1st option, there should be changes on how we attack from an Offensive perspective, especially against a D like Carolina or SF should we meet them in the divisionals.

Right now, I believe both WC teams will go on the road to the NFCN and NFCE and win, thus sending one of them to Seattle.

Besides, I'm not talking about a full blown engine overhaul, obviously, but I am talking about blasting the Offense with a SuperCharger. There has to be some change to get him 9-10 touches a game.

I just took that line about not changing the offense as Carroll saying that they're going to take the offense they already run and fit Harvin, with his skills and abilities, into it, not the other way around. Some change is inevitable when you're incorporating someone with the skills and abilities of Harvin into your weekly gameplans and I didn't see anything in the article to suggest otherwise. They just aren't going to change who they are as an offense now that Harvin is going to be a bigger part of it and I think that's all Carroll was saying there.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just took that line about not changing the offense as Carroll saying that they're going to take the offense they already run and fit Harvin, with his skills and abilities, into it, not the other way around. Some change is inevitable when you're incorporating someone with the skills and abilities of Harvin into your weekly gameplans and I didn't see anything in the article to suggest otherwise. They just aren't going to change who they are as an offense now that Harvin is going to be a bigger part of it and I think that's all Carroll was saying there.

Apparently, I don't know what PC is trying to say. B.S. / Truth :noidea:

We've lacked explosive plays, besides the free lance RWill makes, so I'm damn excited about Percy joining our squad.

I think we could use a minor change to the philosophy and not just try to fit PH "with his skills and abilities into it" vs the other way around.

For anyone:

1. How do you think PC and Bevell will utilize Percy if he justs wants to incorporate him into our current system?

2. What would you like to see in formations and plays for Harvin?

3. How many touches / targets would you want from Percy and how many do you expect?

I just don't want to hear how Percy was a decoy who pulled the free safety to one side or the other
which opened up single coverage for Tate or Baldwin. :whistle:

With 11 days to MNF, this is a time to actual talk some schemes for Percy.

Either way, I'm jacked up to add a ferrari to our classic collection.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to run the read option out of a pro set with Harvin and Lynch in the backfield. I think that would leave permanent psychological scars on your average defensive coordinator.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grrrrrrrr.....

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said today that Harvin will be listed as doubtful and will most likely miss the Seahawks’ big Monday night game against the Saints. Via PFT’s Curtis Crabtree, Carroll said Harvin is sore and hasn’t been able to respond after the game against the Vikings, when Harvin made his Seahawks debut and caught one pass for 17 yards and returned one kickoff for 58 yards.

Carroll indicated that Harvin’s issue is just soreness, and not something structurally wrong with the hip. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that Harvin’s hip flared up again, and he’s seeing doctors today.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motherfucker......:L

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2