• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: In Other News...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks after being claimed by Nashville on Waivers, JAD has yet to dress in a single game.

They're on a roll (14-0-2 in last 16) so not tinkering with lines and chemistry is a no brainer but even on a team that sold off assets and wasn't expected to make the playoffs and not getting in a game, yikes.

Glad he was claimed and in a good organization, good character guy and solid teammate but doesn't do anything exceptionally well. I'm still trying to understand why the Kings held on to this guy as long as they did.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they havent lost since they got him......thats quite a contribution

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in other other news, Bjornfot was waived by the Knights back on March 7 and the Panthers picked him up.

The Panthers were 26th in the pecking order, Kings were 20th so they had a shot to reclaim him and didn't put the claim in.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in other other other news, a guy named Hyman just became a 50 goal scorer last night. Nuts.

Korpisalo did the Kings a solid, Losers were up 4-1 and lost 5-4. Kings are within striking distance of PD2, this road trip will be huge.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in other other news, Bjornfot was waived by the Knights back on March 7 and the Panthers picked him up.

The Panthers were 26th in the pecking order, Kings were 20th so they had a shot to reclaim him and didn't put the claim in.

I just saw Bjornfot 3rd on a list

Games without a goal at 91

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd add this on this thread....

Is the "anniversary" of JMFJ debuting at Staples years ago. I remember him getting upended vividly, and should have been Clue #1 as to what type of player he was...enjoy?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good old Jan Bulis, veteran player who didn't buy the head fake and just sent him ass over tea kettle. Beautiful hip check, nowadays there's a chance that's a penalty somehow.

Damn did he turn into a disaster of a defenseman, I still can't believe he got his name on the Cup with Colorado but good for him. Not a good player, but from all accounts a good human. It's messed up what his own parents did to him and I'm glad teams give him contracts to recoup what he lost.

If anything I thank him for landing LA Carter, slotting everyone where they need to be (Carter here dropped Stoll down to C3 where he belonged), allowing Voynov to crack the roster full time making the D pairs solid with one RHD and one LHD and getting us fans that long awaited first Stanley Cup. We applaud you John Joseph Louis Johnson III.

Too bad Voynov would pull his Ray Rice stunt a short 2 years later, Dumbo was never able to replace him properly which led to misguided trade after trade trying to win a third Cup.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving this thread for random stuff.

I didn't even catch this, but Petersen gave up 7 goals against the Flyers last month and was immediately waived. He cleared and has probably played his last game as a Flyer, he has 1 year left on that absurd contract Blake gave him.

Following his career trajectory has been fascinating, he started off so strong but every year since then (2018) his numbers slipped down but the bigger issue was the eye test, he just looked worse and worse as every game went on. I think the drop off the cliff was the last 2 months of 2021, he could not stop a beach ball from the blue line and it hasn't stopped since.

Blake did him a solid giving him that $15 million on a one way deal, so he's going to get it no matter where he plays. He's already 29, doesn't seem to have an NHL career and has a ton of money - after the end of this contract retire on a beach somewhere in Mexico son.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legend might be back in the lineup.....has a good chance to get 40 games in this season.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA revisiting bold predictions for 2023-24 and passes or fails. TLDR, they pretty much failed at everything.

Winnipeg Jets

Preseason bold prediction: Gabriel Vilardi will double his career-high in points

Pass, fail or incomplete? Fail

Hindsight analysis: My belief in Vilardi doubling his career high to 82 points was based on a big step forward in development and role combined with good health. The Jets did their part, giving Vilardi a first-line and top-power-play role, with elite linemates like Mark Scheifele and Nikolaj Ehlers, while increasing his nightly workload by almost 90 seconds compared to his previous career high. And Vilardi mostly did his part, putting together two particularly torrid stretches of play, flirting with point-per-game status. But injuries completely derailed his momentum. He’s scored 30 points in 38 games — a career-high points pace — but has been hampered by a sprained MCL from a knee-on-knee hit and an enlarged spleen discovered while investigating a different upper-body injury. He won’t match last season’s output of 41 points in 63 games. — Murat Ates

Yeah no one saw that one coming or anything...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're interested in what they had to say about the Kings:

Los Angeles Kings

Preseason bold prediction: The Kings will be true Stanley Cup contenders

Pass, fail or incomplete? Incomplete

Hindsight analysis: Technically, it is still in play. But we will find out shortly if the Kings can finally take the first step toward true contention. Sitting in good position with, their final stretch of games full of non-playoff teams, it should be a mere matter of time before they clinch their spot. However, it also looks like a third consecutive collision with the Oilers in the opening round. Is L.A. better now than 2022, when it lost to Edmonton in seven games, or in 2023, when it fell in six? It will be a different mix with Pierre-Luc Dubois at center and Cam Talbot in goal, but the Kings made their moves last summer and didn’t (or couldn’t) upgrade at the deadline while virtually every other contender in the West did. The odds are stacked against them making a long run, but you never know. — Eric Stephens