• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any news on Harvin?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we pass judgement on Harvin, let him heal up first and get on the field. If he can't get on the field after his second year, then cut him loose. The few that claimed they knew the Branch and Rice signings were going to be bad are full of shit. It was a 50/50 shot and actually got a prediction right, congrats. I thought the Rice and Branch deals were good at the time, but it backed fired and that happens from time to time. The Harvin trade is still up in the air. For the few that thinks the Hawks make bad moves, go throughout the rest of the NFL and i'm sure every other team have made crappy moves that have back fired.

I thought the Harvin deal was a pretty big gamble at the time but I was encouraged by the audacity of it because teams don't usually make moves like that unless they're getting ready to make a run. Which we are. And it's been fun!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my share of surgeries and while I know that athletes go into these things in far better shape than the average person and are generally able to heal from their operations faster because of it, I'm not about to suggest to anyone, athlete or not, what he should or should not be doing after surgery or how fast he should or should not be doing it. Everybody recovers from surgery at their own pace and unless you've had the exact same injury and the exact same surgery, you can't begin to know what it's like for Harvin and even if you have had that surgery, it's doubtful that you were asked to come back from it to compete in the NFL months later.

As far as briwas goes... I think you guys know what I'm gonna say so I won't bother to say it again.

Besides, the Seahawks may be listing Harvin as doubtful, but that doesn't mean he won't play on Monday Night. I don't know if he's gonna play or not, but take everything you hear during the week leading up to a game, especially one this big, with a shaker full of salt. I didn't buy the whole "we're gonna play a lot of zone now that Thurmond is out" thing earlier in the week and I don't necessarily think this designation of Harvin as doubtful today means he won't play Monday Night.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players play through soreness and injuries all the time. Why should Harvin be an exception? I understand that we are 10-1 without the help of Harvin, but it should begin to get on the nerves of some fans.

I'll continue to hold my judgment of him, but if he continues to find excuses not to be on the field, people here will not be too happy with him.

While I agree that we should be frustrated, I dont think that he is necessarily to blame. Carroll has said repeatedly that he is invested in Harvin for the long term and wont force the issue if he is banged up. It's a big investment and they're not over a barrel to get him on the field.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to see a doctor regarding whether or not he should suit up Monday. It's really up to the opinions of his doctors if they think he should play Monday.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Harvin deal was a pretty big gamble at the time but I was encouraged by the audacity of it because teams don't usually make moves like that unless they're getting ready to make a run. Which we are. And it's been fun!

This move was a high risk/high reward type deal. I too was encouraged at the move and i'm not ready to pass judgement on this deal that a few have already. Seattle has done just fine, so if that means shutting him down for the year and get him fully healthy for next season then i'm fine with that. If he can take a couple of weeks off and be ready for the post season, then even better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my share of surgeries and while I know that athletes go into these things in far better shape than the average person and are generally able to heal from their operations faster because of it, I'm not about to suggest to anyone, athlete or not, what he should or should not be doing after surgery or how fast he should or should not be doing it. Everybody recovers from surgery at their own pace and unless you've had the exact same injury and the exact same surgery, you can't begin to know what it's like for Harvin and even if you have had that surgery, it's doubtful that you were asked to come back from it to compete in the NFL months later.

As far as briwas goes... I think you guys know what I'm gonna say so I won't bother to say it again.

Besides, the Seahawks may be listing Harvin as doubtful, but that doesn't mean he won't play on Monday Night. I don't know if he's gonna play or not, but take everything you hear during the week leading up to a game, especially one this big, with a shaker full of salt. I didn't buy the whole "we're gonna play a lot of zone now that Thurmond is out" thing earlier in the week and I don't necessarily think this designation of Harvin as doubtful today means he won't play Monday Night.

In the future I'm deleting any post of his that I consider trolling and excessive chest thumping. If it gets to be to big a pain then I'll move to the next step and ban him. This isn't ESPN and we do not have to put up with him. I haven't done anything about Briwas yet mostly because he doesn't post often enough to be a real pain and I don't want to ban posters until they show they can not change there ways from ESPN. Briwas hasn't done a thing to show that he's changed from the chest thumping tool to a decent poster, so he's on a short leash from here on in.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players play through soreness and injuries all the time. Why should Harvin be an exception? I understand that we are 10-1 without the help of Harvin, but it should begin to get on the nerves of some fans.

I'll continue to hold my judgment of him, but if he continues to find excuses not to be on the field, people here will not be too happy with him.

I don't think he's finding excuses to be off the field. It's major surgery that could have been season ending (unfortunately it still could be) and it looked for a little bit that the best case scenario was playing out. Unfortunately it isn't. This game is obviously huge but so is every other one this time of year so it's better to get him to playing shape for the postseason run than it is rolling the dice on him for one game. I'm not happy with the situation but football players get injured all the time and great teams play through it. We're 10-1 without him and the weather is going to play into our favor so we should still be able to beat the Saints. We just can't have dumb turnovers/bad tackling that we've seen until very recently. A lot of it was defenders being too aggressive looking for big plays instead of wrapping and tackling. Let the 2nd guy rip the ball. The first one there should be making sure he's down.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the future I'm deleting any post of his that I consider trolling and excessive chest thumping. If it gets to be to big a pain then I'll move to the next step and ban him. This isn't ESPN and we do not have to put up with him. I haven't done anything about Briwas yet mostly because he doesn't post often enough to be a real pain and I don't want to ban posters until they show they can not change there ways from ESPN. Briwas hasn't done a thing to show that he's changed from the chest thumping tool to a decent poster, so he's on a short leash from here on in.

You the man Harold!

Thanks, seriously.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my understanding of his injury it does take time and can flare up if not fully healed and strengthened,so on that note it is best to be prudent and that is what they are doing.

I had my cartilage removed from my knee and know it takes months just to get the strength back,he had the small muscle right at the hip bone socket worked on so.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather be without him on Monday than take any chances.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've changed my opinion about this game based on that news. With the distractions and losses of both Browner and Thurmond along with not having our shiny new toy I believe the Seahawks come out and get beat Monday night. It won't mean much at the end of the day as the Saints have a few losses left in them this year, but I see that game not ending well for us. I just think Brees is going to have a field day on the extra zone coverage we are going to be forced to run now with lessor coverage in the back end.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've changed my opinion about this game based on that news. With the distractions and losses of both Browner and Thurmond along with not having our shiny new toy I believe the Seahawks come out and get beat Monday night. It won't mean much at the end of the day as the Saints have a few losses left in them this year, but I see that game not ending well for us. I just think Brees is going to have a field day on the extra zone coverage we are going to be forced to run now with lessor coverage in the back end.

They respond well to adversity. And the guys replacing them are vets that have been on the team for a while and have played well when given opportunities.

Not only that, but that Saints offense works from the inside-out and have been mediocre on the road, now they'll be in the elements

Lets also not forget that the Seahawks offense is pretty stout themselves, even without Harvin. The Jets are probably the most run-committed team the Saints have faced and they ran it down their throats at will.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any concerns with this game. Harvin not playing would be slightly disappointing, but there are other WRs on this team that have made play after play this season and should continue to do so. Harvin not going shouldn't change our offense at all. The important parts of the offense are all back, and that's what matters.

As for the DBs, it's time to put up and shut up. This is the situation that makes careers. Maxwell and Lane need to step up again, and if they do they could win themselves a job just like Sherman did his rookie season. If they don't, then the team deserves to lose the game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any concerns with this game. Harvin not playing would be slightly disappointing, but there are other WRs on this team that have made play after play this season and should continue to do so. Harvin not going shouldn't change our offense at all. The important parts of the offense are all back, and that's what matters.

As for the DBs, it's time to put up and shut up. This is the situation that makes careers. Maxwell and Lane need to step up again, and if they do they could win themselves a job just like Sherman did his rookie season. If they don't, then the team deserves to lose the game.

I think that it changes the capability of the offense, but not necessarily its ability to be VERY effective.... That falls on Wilson, Lynch and the line.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it changes the capability of the offense, but not necessarily its ability to be VERY effective.... That falls on Wilson, Lynch and the line.

How does losing something we've never had, change something that's never had it?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does losing something we've never had, change something that's never had it?

I didn't say that he changes what they are, just what they are capable of being.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So having our entire O-line intact since week 2 has no bearing ? What makes you feel the Saints can stop the Seahawks ? Wilson can't pick apart the Saints secondary ? What scares you so much about that Saints defense ? Also how have the Seahawks faired without Harvin ? I would say pretty dam good… Missing Thurmond is not missing and elite guy… Even Browner is not elite…. Man I"m really surprised your picking against your own team at HOME…. Dude… I can tell you without QUESTION I would rather face the Saints D than our D Monday night….

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So having our entire O-line intact since week 2 has no bearing ? What makes you feel the Saints can stop the Seahawks ? Wilson can't pick apart the Saints secondary ? What scares you so much about that Saints defense ? Also how have the Seahawks faired without Harvin ? I would say pretty dam good… Missing Thurmond is not missing and elite guy… Even Browner is not elite…. Man I"m really surprised your picking against your own team at HOME…. Dude… I can tell you without QUESTION I would rather face the Saints D than our D Monday night….

Not to mention we've been healthiest we've been all season!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just an opinion. Not like I defected and am now wearing SF gear ffs. Seattle's offense has sputtered many times this year, but it isn't a question of can Seattle score, but can they prevent the Saints from scoring more. Brees is by far the best QB they have faced outside of Luck and Luck beat us with our best corners.

I'm telling you that they are saying they will be running more zone coverage and even cover 3 looks and I just see Brees pounding that like crazy. I hate watching us drop back in zones as it is and now that they are likely running them way more in this game scares the crap out of me.

This isn't a question of what potential talent or play making each of them has vs the two that are gone, but if the DC feels he needs to help them out with less press/man looks and more zones then it also takes Sherman away from what he does best. It puts both safeties back and takes away their aggressive play. It changes the whole look and feel for who/what they are.

Feel free to say I told you so if Seattle wins. No one will be more happy than I to see it happen and for me to be wrong. Hope to hell I am, but this game worries me as it was the worst possible time for those idiots to get suspended for drugs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just an opinion. Not like I defected and am now wearing SF gear ffs. Seattle's offense has sputtered many times this year, but it isn't a question of can Seattle score, but can they prevent the Saints from scoring more. Brees is by far the best QB they have faced outside of Luck and Luck beat us with our best corners.

I'm telling you that they are saying they will be running more zone coverage and even cover 3 looks and I just see Brees pounding that like crazy. I hate watching us drop back in zones as it is and now that they are likely running them way more in this game scares the crap out of me.

This isn't a question of what potential talent or play making each of them has vs the two that are gone, but if the DC feels he needs to help them out with less press/man looks and more zones then it also takes Sherman away from what he does best. It puts both safeties back and takes away their aggressive play. It changes the whole look and feel for who/what they are.

Feel free to say I told you so if Seattle wins. No one will be more happy than I to see it happen and for me to be wrong. Hope to hell I am, but this game worries me as it was the worst possible time for those idiots to get suspended for drugs.

I'm still not buying that we're suddenly going to be playing a lot more zone just because Thurmond won't be in there. We were forced to use Maxwell and Lane quite a bit at the end of last year too and I honestly don't remember us straying from our regular style of defense. Maybe I'm wrong and we did, but I just can't imagine that Carroll would carry backups on defense that wouldn't be able to play the same way. Obviously they're backups so there figures to be a drop-off from the starters, but there shouldn't be so much of a drop-off that we totally change our style of play.