• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any news on Harvin?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mtykgs01RL1s4uah6o1_500byebye.gif

39 posts is all it took to decide enough was enough. 38 to many, but I like to let posters have a chance to turn over a new leaf.

Thanks for being so quick Misko.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine how good we would be if we had spent the $20m rice and harvin are averaging and spent it on players who contribute.

Every time the Hawks try to hit a HR they end up grounding into a double play to end the inning.

Low risk, high reward = what made the Hawks good.

High risk, low reward = what holds the Hawks back.

The hawks better win the super bowl THIS YEAR because Percy Harvin will hold this team back until it makes sense to cut him (after 3rd year if I remember correctly).

C'mon, man. Do you know the jedi mind shit that PC/JS had to perform to even get this squad to this juncture? Year 3 and we were seconds away from the NFCCG. The Hawks weren't a rebuild they had no foundation when PC/JS took over in 2010. No QB, No LT, No RB, a Porous secondary, No pass rush.

Yet, you try to find a "potential" mistake and incessantly pound that into the ground? Pathetic. It may sound hypocritical because I blasted Tim Dumbskull for 9 months until he was canned. That was because he was sending our beloved franchise into dust, which it was.

Sure, you can complain about 1 transaction, but what about how they've built this team that was essentially an expansion squad and you continue to whine? Let's quickly re-visit.

Franchise QB - RWill - 3rd round RB Lynch - 4th & 5th rd LT Okung - 1st rd

Legion of Boom - ET - 1st round, Bam bam - 5th round, Sherm - 5th round, Browner- Undrafted from CFL, WT3 - 4th rd, Lane - 6th rd, Maxwell 6th round.

KJ - 4th rd and Wags in the 2nd.

That is amazing and truly unfathomable. I remember fans wanting Holmgren as exec / President in 2010. He took a Browns team with far more talent and they're still struggling. Moved up to get Trent Richardson in rd 1 at pick #3? lol... Spent a 1st rd on a 50 yo QB? lol

We have been more than blessed to have PC/JS. Even you would have to agree with that.

Go ahead and have your opinion but really, why not pull the plank from your own eye before noticing the speck in another's eye.

PC/JS are NFL jedi's, plain and simple.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot one thing, so I'll waste my time to let you understand why PC/JS went for
Percy, since you seem to have no clue. I stated it was high risk / high reward because
of the $$ and draft picks but there are 2 reasons that were stated.

1. It was the Jacoby Jones effect:

While I don't have PC/JS on speed dial, when I saw Jacoby catch that 70 yd last second
TD from Flacco against Denver which pulled victory from sure defeat and send it into O.T.,
I was like, hmmmm.

Then in the SB, Jacoby snags and makes the move on CRogers? to score a 60 yd TD with
a minute left in the 1st half. Then the 9er's kickoff to start the 2nd half and bam, Jacoby
takes it 105 yds for a TD and 28-6 lead. The 9er's played better but those 2 plays doomed
the 9er's or they'd have beaten the Ravens.

I could see PC/JS, who have talked about adding more explosiveness to our Offense, talking
about adding a kick returner / explosive WR that could change the game instantly. Harvin
was their guy. High risk but the reward of what Harvin could do in a playoff game is immeasurable.

2. The 2 year window with the current roster. The window is open for many years with RWill at
the trigger but this squad has 2 years together and then it's a continual fine tune. We will keep
the major core but guys like Tate, maybe KJ won't get extensions, but we'll have to wait and see.

PC/JS are going for it and I commend them. We have one of the youngest squads, so why draft
another young unknown WR? They went for known explosiveness with high reward.

Besides, this is only the 1st chapter, still unfinished, so why complain about the book when
the 1st chapter isn't over, yet? You're jumping the gun.

Have patience and for "pete's sake", enjoy this team and season!PC/JS rock!

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mtykgs01RL1s4uah6o1_500byebye.gif

39 posts is all it took to decide enough was enough. 38 to many, but I like to let posters have a chance to turn over a new leaf.

Thanks for being so quick Misko.

Thanks a lot guys. The more I hear about ESPN the more I'm glad I didn't have an account there.

I'm glad to post on a board that is actually moderated!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, this site is awesome! Stupors banished to a place where his own team's fans hate him and briwas banned. Now all we need is a Seahawks MNF win and the world will be right.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you to harold and MISKO for taking care of the briwas problem. It's too bad ESPN's mods didn't have the cajones to perma-ban that pompous ass, or the other pompous asses that befouled those boards, from their boards 6 or 7 years ago. Having to put up with him for nearly a decade probably took years off of the life of everyone that encountered him on every message board he's ever been on. He actually knows some stuff and is capable of having a civilized conversation. Unfortunately for him, and more so for us, he couldn't resist being a dick about it 99% of the time.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin has been officially listed as inactive for the game. Hopefully he'll be good to go for the Niner game next week.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you to harold and MISKO for taking care of the briwas problem. It's too bad ESPN's mods didn't have the cajones to perma-ban that pompous ass, or the other pompous asses that befouled those boards, from their boards 6 or 7 years ago. Having to put up with him for nearly a decade probably took years off of the life of everyone that encountered him on every message board he's ever been on. He actually knows some stuff and is capable of having a civilized conversation. Unfortunately for him, and more so for us, he couldn't resist being a dick about it 99% of the time.

your welcome .. we had the same kind of idiots at fox .. it wont be alowed here at the hoop .. good posters rule here not the trolls

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a report that says Harvin received injections in his hip over the weekend and depending on how he responds the Sehawks may hold him out until the playoffs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a report that says Harvin received injections in his hip over the weekend and depending on how he responds the Sehawks may hold him out until the playoffs.

I guess there's a good reason why the standard recovery time from this surgery is what it is. Hopefully he's back soon, but they've got him for 6 years (assuming both sides let the whole contract play out). No sense in messing him up beyond this season if you don't have to. It'd be nice to see him out there, but I'd rather see him out there for the playoffs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep … Take it easy Percy…. Let your hip heal 100 percent…

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit I was skeptical for this game, but seeing what our healthy offense minus Percy can do, I'm all for saving our big weapon for the playoffs at this point. Get healthy Percy! Help us win a Super Bowl!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think we have an extremely underrated receiving core and a healthy Percy Harvin will only make this scary team even scarier. I'm all for resting him from here on out to get him at 100% for the playoffs.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy to see this team come out firing on all cylinders after the bye week and without our #1 and 2 (Rice) receiving threats. I'm hoping that 1st half lull is gone and we;re now a complete team

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the exact same repeat we saw from last season except we hit the stride a bit later this season. These guys learned a lot from last season so there is no doubt this is a more complete team.

To think what I saw against the Falcons couple weeks ago was most complete, the MNF game was complete domination on every aspect of the football game.

Yet........... they CAN and WILL get better. :omg: :wtf2:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll hopes Harvin is ready to go

RENTON, Wash. – Seattle coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday he expects receiver Percy Harvin to return to practice this week with hopes of playing on Sunday in San Francisco.

Harvin
“I’ve already heard from the trainers [Tuesday] morning,” Carroll said on his 710 ESPN Seattle radio show. “Percy came in jacked up. He had a little procedure done last week that made a difference.

“So, I’m going to always err on the optimistic side. But he feels really good and we’re looking forward to a really good week and see what happens.”

Carroll did not elaborate on the procedure Harvin had last week.

Harvin had major hip surgery Aug. 1 to repair a torn labrum. He made his season debut two weeks ago against Minnesota, his former team. Harvin had a 58-yard kickoff return and an impressive fingertip catch on a 17-yard pass.

But Harvin experienced soreness in his hip afterward and did not play Monday night against the New Orleans Saints.

“It was the load of the [Minnesota] game that hit that repaired area,” Carroll said. “There are no issues. Nothing is re-injured. It just took him a couple of weeks to get back from it. He’ll have an easy day [Wednesday] and will get all the way to Thursday before we really get him going.

“He wants to play so bad. There’s nobody that wants to get out there more than he does. He’ll do everything he can possibly do toward that. It’s been frustrating, but he’s going to pop out of this thing.”

Seattle Seahawks' Pete Carroll hopes Percy Harvin is ready to go - ESPN

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be awesome to have him back for the Niner game on Sunday, just to give the team that extra explosiveness on offense that he brings. If he feels better and there are no further hiccups before Sunday, why not? I wonder if he had a little scar tissue that got knocked loose in the Minnesota game? I'm not a doctor (or even close to being one), but that would seem possible, outside of the area getting physically hit for the first time since the surgery, wouldn't it? What else would require a procedure to fix it?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, first thing I thought of when they said he had a minor procedure and yet are also now saying he is available for practice is scar tissue removal. It can often remove the cause of post operative pain and doesn't take long to heal up after and shouldn't add any new problems outside of whatever incision was made to remove it.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fantastic news, Harvin might play against the 49ners. However I fear after the game this thread is going to become a sticky on our board, where its how is Harvin felling today.:L Hopefully this is something he has finally overcome and can help our team.:suds::yahoo: