• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any news on Harvin?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hunch with no proof what so ever is that having an 11-1 record with a 3 game lead is giving the Seahawks the luxury of being able to sit Harvin. A loss now wouldn't be catastrophic to our hopes of winning the division and the first overall seed.

My bet is that if this were a play off game Harvin would be strong enough to suit up.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announce that he's not playing the rest of the season but
maybe they just want D-Co's to spend some time with a game plan
before PC has to announce his game status.

Is there really a reason to use him prior to the playoffs?

After what he showed against the Vikes, he's not going to have
all this rust that fans think he'll have to shake off before he's a
contributor.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hunch with no proof what so ever is that having an 11-1 record with a 3 game lead is giving the Seahawks the luxury of being able to sit Harvin. A loss now wouldn't be catastrophic to our hopes of winning the division and the first overall seed.

My bet is that if this were a play off game Harvin would be strong enough to suit up.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Those are my thoughts exactly.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like Harvin is out again for Sunday. At this point, I think the Hawks should just rest him the rest of the season and hopefully get him back for the playoffs.

Wright is also out.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he plays the rest of the season.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody know if he will or not. At this point is would just be frosting on the cake if he does.

Why risk it, unless it looks like you're going to end up tied with the Niners for the division lead giving the Niners the division there is on reason to risk injury before the playoffs.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasnt really had any impact on our season and yet we have the best record in football. Im just operating under the assumption he wont play this year and will be pleasantly surprised if/when he returns. Like you said he is just icing on the cake at this point.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more worried earlier on in the year that our wr core would not be sufficient enough to compete for a superbowl and getting Percy back would push us over that edge...but at this point in the season I am more than confident in our group of guys out there (Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Miller, etc).

Like most have mentioned...getting Percy back would be the frosting on the cake (damn good frosting if I might add). We don't necessarily need him like Green Bay needs Aaron Rodgers to compete so it's not like we're going into panic mode if he didn't play another down this year. But adding him to the mix would just make us that more dangerous.

And in the playoffs where any given game can be decided by a possession or even a play...having a game breaker like Percy could make a difference even if he just plays 10-15 snaps.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more worried earlier on in the year that our wr core would not be sufficient enough to compete for a superbowl and getting Percy back would push us over that edge...but at this point in the season I am more than confident in our group of guys out there (Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Miller, etc).

Like most have mentioned...getting Percy back would be the frosting on the cake (damn good frosting if I might add). We don't necessarily need him like Green Bay needs Aaron Rodgers to compete so it's not like we're going into panic mode if he didn't play another down this year. But adding him to the mix would just make us that more dangerous.

And in the playoffs where any given game can be decided by a possession or even a play...having a game breaker like Percy could make a difference even if he just plays 10-15 snaps.

:agree:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree it's just icing on the cake to get him back but Aaron Rodgers is a QB one of the best losing him is far worse than losing any WR. However you can see how much better Rodgers makes his teammates.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully first round of playoffs....what a great player to add for playoff run.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Pete on KJR this week and he was saying the issue isnt him being ready to play. If tommorrow was the Super Bowl it sounds like he would play. The issue is recovering and being able to play the next week. Im not sure he's in the position where a couple more weeks of rest would do much for the short term.

I think regardless if he can play in that 1st playoff game he needs to go. Cant bank on saving him for the next round because you will never know if you get that chance.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet he is on the active roster for the first playoff game, but he may see limited time if the team is doing well. He will be nothing more than a situational player through those first two games no matter how he feels. He will see more plays as the game is closer or we are behind.