• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capt....have you told the KC fans on gametracker that 'vice' is here? I don't know if that is a selling point, or something that would keep them away?
:noidea:

Can always give it a shot Iffy :hope:

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow¡! Who is this Hector Santiago kid of the White Sox?? I came away impressed with him, for real. He held the Tiger run factory down to just 2 runs in 7 innings, with the Tigers at home no less.. niiiice!!

The only thing is, Fister was just a tick better giving up 1 run across 8 innings. Still in all, you take away Fister throwing a gem, and that kid wins. I don't know much about this Santiago, but he's good, and he has an ERA of just 3.28. If all the White Sox starters were like him, they would be in the discussion for a playoff berth.. below average lineup or not.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win by the Tigers tonight. I believe that is the 7th game missed by Cabrera, but Detroit keeps rolling along (they are either 6-1 or 5-1 with Miggy out).

Actually wouldn't mind the skipper sitting him out the entire White Sox series, as I think Detroit could sweep CWS without Miggy and then have him ready to go for the Cleveland series.

Unless something changes -- Detroit could pick up a game on both the Indians and KC tonight. KC still has a shot to come back though, as it is only 2-0. Cleveland is down by a bundle, so I don't think they will be coming back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is gonna get really heated, we have the pitching to win it. We are in the hunt and it is going to be a 3 team race.

Hahahahahahahahahaha....... Hahahahahahahahahahaha..... Hahahaha.....hahaha.....haaaaaaaaaa. Oh KC fans, just be happy you're over .500 and its August not April. The pitching to win it, good one.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Indians are the team immediately following us, so I'd rather see them lose if I had to choose.. someone needs to cool their heels a little bit so we can get a little separation there.

As to Miggy being out and the Tigers still winning, what that proves is that the Tigers lineup is strong enough and deep enough to be productive without him. But, then when we've got him in there that lineup gets straight up ghoulish and scares the hell out of everyone. If it takes the remainder of this series to sit him to get him back to snuff, I'm fine with that.. we can score without him, and besides, the pitching matchups would tend to favor Detroit anyway, so it's a chance I think we can take-- but just keep him available to pinch hit if necessary, in case we get caught up in one of those close and late games.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahahahaha....... Hahahahahahahahahahaha..... Hahahaha.....hahaha.....haaaaaaaaaa. Oh KC fans, just be happy you're over .500 and its August not April. The pitching to win it, good one.

Dougie #2??????

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Originally Posted by dougplayer:
wow Indian fans coubnting on Raburn
BAAWWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Tiger fans are ascared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Iffy is right...Tribe should over take the Tigers with Ryan the splenid spliter Raburn BAAWWWHHHAAAA
See any similarity there smitty? You two can re-do the Dueling Banjos scene, if you want. Dougie will be the one sitting on the porch. (Only because you spell better!)
:lol:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See any similarity there smitty? You two can re-do the Dueling Banjos scene, if you want. Dougie will be the one sitting on the porch. (Only because you spell better!)
:lol:

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahahahaha....... Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....
Hahahaha.....hahaha.....haaaaaaaaaa. Oh KC fans, just be happy you're over .500
and its August not April. The pitching to win it, good one.

Yep, that was my reaction, too.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on howie...give the KC fans a break. Their franchise has done nothing for decades...let them have a dream, even if it will probably turn into the usual ''wait 'til next year'' story.

And PLEASE....no mullet and cars on blocks posts, ala gametracker. :)

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
timthumb-1.png

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is headed in the right direction, but they've been saying that for a few years. Anyway it's not going to happen this year for them. But they sure give the Tigers fits and we have a ton of games left against them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have a younger version of omar infante in hernan perez... If iglesias hits .270+...they have their infield for the future and can put money where it needs to be... Now the tigers can trade scherzer for to any team willing to give up two top prospects and not have to focus on a team willing to provide a ss. I can see the yankees wanting scherzer and giving the tigers a kings ransom for him if they save the money from arod.

Hey look, the douchebag bandwagon fan is back :laugh3:

:L

You are really talking shit to a KC fan, no need.

Scoreboard, scoreboard.

Give them props they haven't seen an above .500 record for 20 years...smh

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that KC gives the Tigers fits. But they ain't getting to the 90 wins it will take to win this division.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, sorry, sorry. I just could not help myself.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia is a good player... I like him a lot... But he is not Wil Myers... And the tigers got a 23 yr old former top 100 prospect for a 22 yr old top 100 prospect... Royals got 2 yrs of Shields... Tigers got at least 5 yrs of iglesias... Its not really comparable... Risk is there on all trades but in all honesty... Tigers traded a young of prospect for a young ss prospect of equal value... Villareal is no loss to me... Tigers have plenty of prospects of similiar or better value than villareal... Who is 26 or 27 and not really a prospect anymore.

I like the trade too....i was just concerned about having to face garcia 19 times a year now....would of rather had him shipped to the NL or AL west. Todays fron page of sports tribune....."hunter: the kid can play".......everyday the media falls in love with garcia more and more. Now i know its homerism, but just the slight possibility of him becoming a star for the hated white sox would suck. But iglesias had a nice first game. Rbi single. Looked at ease with his routine plays. Waiting for him to get a tough one, so i can see him work his magic.

Villareal cant throw strikes.....detroit has an over abundance of relief pitchers like him.