• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Tonedef75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if you would have posted this 3 or 4 days ago -- Detroit would have had 17 games left against teams with a winning record, as they face KC 11 more times.

You're right, that's why I didn't post it 3 or 4 days ago, lol. But seriously, KC, along with Cleveland, Detroit, and Atlanta are the hottest teams in baseball which makes those 11 games extremely important, and not easy wins for the Tigs.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this on the Tiger board too!

Buck Showalter brought up a good point about a possible lifetime ban of A-Rod. If MLB goes that route and it sticks, the NY Yankees just added almost $100 million back into their already deep pockets. The biggest money machine in sports will have actually won a ''$100 million lottery ticket''. The money they would get to keep would also keep them under the luxury tax. After 2014, NY would only have to worry about Sabathia's and Texeira's $20 million plus contracts....and Cano's, if that occurs. In short the super-rich Yankees will get a chance to reload. My view......with Bud Selig pushing for the lifetime band of A-Rod, I cannot help but feel that Selig is doing the Yankees bidding. I hope A-Rod sticks it to the Yankees and accepts a ban for what is left of this season and for 2014. At least that will keep NY's "savings" down to just around $33 million. They'd still have to pay A-Rod the remaining $62 million on his contract. (Of course the Yankees will try and get out of that some other way)

Last edited by a moderator:

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it mentioned on here what kind of trouble the Tigers have had with the Royals and White Sox to this point, and while that's true, on the samr token, I'm not worried. If there's one thing I know about the Tigers the past couple years and even this season, it's this-- the Tigers have a way about them of coming to get you when it comes to series they feel they need to win. Those guys have gone deep in the playoffs because they're battle hardened and often come up huge in big seried. This team is much like those teams were, with a few additions here and there. So, no.. I'm not worried about those teams at all. The Tigers have too many weopons in the rotation and lineup for those guys to stand up under in meaningful series.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Indian fans coubnting on Raburn
BAAWWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tiger fans are ascared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iffy is right...Tribe should over take the Tigers with Ryan the splenid spliter Raburn BAAWWWHHHAAAA

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I think about when I read dougie's posts is how much he might be like the banjo kid from deliverance...

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sooo the truth rings true eh???

hows those twins doing nosfer??? haven't checked on them in awhile... I just scanthe top of the standings ..you understand?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Indian fans coubnting on Raburn
BAAWWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tiger fans are ascared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iffy is right...Tribe should over take the Tigers with Ryan the splenid spliter Raburn BAAWWWHHHAAAA

Myself, I take dougie's posts as a screaming indictment of the failure of public education in America today.

"ascared"? Good lord! Thousands of school teachers must be spinning in their graves.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iam fumbing it down for you IFFY

hey how about those 2nd place rays???
they help a part of 1st place for 2 days... better cancel that parade nosfer

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry typo

my keyboard has be faded from sharing my knowledge with YALL
and a few errant cigarette ashes. the maid doesn't work on Fridays.

I see after the Tigers soften up C Sale..Indians got by them today

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug, are your parents proud?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
white_sox_medium.jpg

New White Sox logo ?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A low 2 team ERA for a month is more than a fluke.

tondef -- i realize cleveland has been pitching extremely well lately, but you have to be realistic. raburn has a better chance at hitting 40 homeruns this year than Cleveland does sustaining a low 2 team ERA the rest of the year.

cleveland is playing extremely well right now, but as I said earlier, consistentcy is the problem with their starting pitchers. Only Houston has walked more hitters than Cleveland and even though Cleveland leads the MLB in shutouts, they only have 50 quality starts in about 45% of their games from their starting pitchers, only Minnesota and Toronto have less.

I am actually hoping Cleveland and KC continue to play well, as it will give the Central some much deserved respect, but if Cleveland continues like this -- it is their lineup that will pull them through, IMO.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I think about when I read dougie's posts is how much he might be like the banjo kid from deliverance...

The visual :laugh3:
Spit out my coffee :spit:

Almost fell off the sofa laughing :rofl:
What nobody else found the words for :pound:

Post of the day/month/year :first:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you back Vice :suds:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup the hope and dreams of all Indian fans are resting on ryan Raburn
BAAWWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing going for the Royals is they play teams that are ahead of them in the standings for the most part. I take that back, Duffy likely coming to replace Wade Davis soon ( one would think) might be two things going for the Royals

11 games with Detroit

6 games with Cleveland

3 games with Texas (wildcard implications... possibly)

4 games with Boston

1 game with Tampa

Not particularly likely the Royals take advantage of that, but hey, it isn't totally out of the realm of possibility either. I really doubt the Royals can catch Boston or Tampa. Catching Detroit pretty much depends on the Royals stomping the Tigers to the tune of 8-3 or 9-2... Highly unlikely to say the least.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weve got a royals fan!!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing going for the Royals is they play teams that are ahead of them in the standings for the most part. I take that back, Duffy likely coming to replace Wade Davis soon ( one would think) might be two things going for the Royals

11 games with Detroit

6 games with Cleveland

3 games with Texas (wildcard implications... possibly)

4 games with Boston

1 game with Tampa

Not particularly likely the Royals take advantage of that, but hey, it isn't totally out of the realm of possibility either. I really doubt the Royals can catch Boston or Tampa. Catching Detroit pretty much depends on the Royals stomping the Tigers to the tune of 8-3 or 9-2... Highly unlikely to say the least.

I don't get Royals fans continued thought that Duffy will be some difference maker. He has been up and was nothing special... He is no better than any starter up currently there and even if he was a tad bit better, pitching was not the issue... Offense was... Duffy is not anything special.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get Royals fans continued thought that Duffy will be some difference maker. He has been up and was nothing special... He is no better than any starter up currently there and even if he was a tad bit better, pitching was not the issue... Offense was... Duffy is not anything special.

He has ability, it is worth the intrigue. Even if he is average, he is substantially better than Wade Davis who was approaching -2 War...

While you are correct that the offense is the main problem for now, why not replace a Awful starter who has shown success in the pen in Tampa with a starter who will probably not be nearly as awful as Davis? Again Davis was approaching -2 War. You aren't convincing me that Davis > Duffy.