• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if any of the cbs members that posted on this thread have made it here, but we have had this thread the past few years and it had many many pages....so lets start it up here tiger, royals, white sox, indians, and twins fans. .......lets keep up the friendly smack talk while the tigers march to another AL Central title.

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Tigers are the best team in the division, but they have not been very impressive so far this season.

KC--Looks like a very good team. Should be there up until the end
Minn--Very surprising. Thought they would be buried by now
Det--Perhaps they just need to get back home
Cle--Meh
Sox--We have Adam Dunn on the team. nuff said

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahaha cessna im a tiger fan living in chicago.....i cant stand the hawk....the royals scare me the most, but the sox always scare me because theyre always good for one great winning streak....tigers look like they did last year...get hits but cant score...too many DP's and K's. sort of like the sox...HR or nuthin....outta be fun tho.....go tigers

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you for hating hawk. There are few people who do like him. I enjoy his partner Steve Stone as he has alot of good insight into the game.

I do think it will be the Tigers and Royals battling it out down the stretch this year. I think the tigers have more firepower and will take the division, but I would not be surprised if the Royals made a big run.

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah where is everyone from CBS? I didn't post alot in the AL Central thread, but did read it quite often. Always a very entertaining thread with quite a number of good quality posters. Are they all together somewhere else or spread out all over?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is here Cleaves....I believe he joined last night.

Would be nice if you guys can recruit some more guys from that thread on from the site we used to post on.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if any of the cbs members that posted on this thread have made it here, but we have had this thread the past few years and it had many many pages....so lets start it up here tiger, royals, white sox, indians, and twins fans. .......lets keep up the friendly smack talk

I posted there sporadically...maybe I dont have that much of a sense of humor b/c homer-doug pissed me off to the point of wanting to face plant him in a cement mixer :boom:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the AL central is going to be the best division in baseball this season... I see 4 teams that can play over 500... Cleveland has one of the best offenses in the league, the royals are definitely going for it this season, and the white sox actually have one of the better rotations in baseball... and then of course there is the tigers who are a near perfect team, all they need is a bullpen... I would not be shocked if the 2 wild cards both come from the central... but then again i wont be surprised if neither wild card comes from the central...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if quintana can be a legit pitcher then watch out the white sox can be scary...

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if quintana can be a legit pitcher then watch out the white sox can be scary...

They have to hit first. Remember they have a 280lb hole in the middle of their lineup that is just killing them.........

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunn might hit nothing but he will hit his share of HRs and walk a lot... that is his MO... no reason to think any less of him... and with Rios and De Aza, they should be able to score enough runs... assuming there rotation can be as good as they should...

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except that he is not walking at all. His OBP is a stellar .154 with an OPS of .367. He has struck out in nearly half of his ab's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Tigers are the best team in the division, but they have not been very impressive so far this season.

KC--Looks like a very good team. Should be there up until the end
Minn--Very surprising. Thought they would be buried by now
Det--Perhaps they just need to get back home
Cle--Meh
Sox--We have Adam Dunn on the team. nuff said

I expect that from a Sux fan.

Adam Dunn is garbage he hits 40 hrs, strikeouts 500 times a year, then hits for .200.

Tigers- still get their respect, but always start the season meh.
Royals- lets be honest they aren't ready. Wait another 10 yrs.
Twins- not enough talent to last all season
Sux- well the name says it all
Indians- have a legit lineup. Pitching is below mediocre so far, rotation not deep enough. Bullpen isn't bad.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree cessna i like stone also, but hawk makes their telecasts unwatchable. I dont mind a home announcer being for his team, but i hate when hes still crying about a strike in the 2nd inning in the 8th while being down 8-0.....wassup bksballer and captobvious.....i understand capt about how u felt about dougie...but all our teams have those fans...kinik was the injuns version of dougie.....but yeah me n dougie go at it with the MSU/UM smack talk....so i fully understan ya.....but u gotta admit....dougie is entertaining.....hes 98 percent wrong most of the time.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how to find any cbsposters. When i read my sports over there i read the peoples replys to see if i see any familiars. I found out about sportshoopla from lion fans from cbs. Hopefully over time more will pop up from cbs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So shaneman? Are you saying adam dunn is another mark reynolds? And another thing...if the injuns were to shock the world and make the playoffs, we all know swisher would put up an ofer....the guy sucks when it counts. Thats the reason he bounces from team to team until the injuns made him THEIR superstar.

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn is garbage he hits 40 hrs, strikeouts 500 times a year, then hits for .200.

Your not telling me anything that I don't know already. .200 is gonna be a stretch this year.

If you think the Indians are going to do anything this year then you are going to be sorely disappointed. They might battle for 3rd. good luck to ya

dk14beso

dk14beso
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawk is the biggest d-bag in broadcasting, and that's saying something. Check out his career stats sometime. You'd think the guy was a perennial All-star, but the only thing this jerk has is pictures of Reinsdorf. It's an automatic mute button or a change of the channel whenever he's on

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawk is the biggest d-bag in broadcasting, and that's saying something. Check out his career stats sometime. You'd think the guy was a perennial All-star, but the only thing this jerk has is pictures of Reinsdorf. It's an automatic mute button or a change of the channel whenever he's on

Who's the Hawk? Dawson?

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawk is the biggest d-bag in broadcasting, and that's saying something

I agree, but I like Steve Stone so I get stuck listening to hawk and the stories about his playing days. It does get tiring

At least he doesn't talk about his time as GM. Now that would be tough to listen to!