• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Rams

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not knocking the majority who want to lose out, just saying I LIKE winning and always want to win.

i can't imagine our future will also fail BECAUSE we got #2 vice #1. The issues go far beyond this difference is draft position.

We all would like SF to win, in general. I guarantee the players don't give a rats ass about where the team will draft, and there are several of them that surely want a win. Unfortunately, there are players on that team that don't care, and are eager just to get back home to their Xboxes and play Madden, and a lot of those guys are not for long as far as the Niners future is concerned.

At this point however, on this team, a win is....irrelevant AFAIC. Because of the absolute disaster the 2016 49ers are, the future is about all the team, and the fans, have to look forward to - and a big part of that is the draft.

I'm not saying the draft is a guarantee (far, far from it. In fact, bad teams are generally a result of bad drafts) nor am I saying that there is a situation like...say... 1998 (#1 P. Manning, #2 R. Leaf) but at least the Niners would be in a far better position to either get the guy they want, or to trade down and get more picks. SF still has a pretty good chance at #2 to do either, but right now, Cleveland holds all the cards.

As a fan, that's something I can at least look forward to. When SF is 1-13, the season has pretty much been decided.....I'm just not looking forward to another win. It does nothing for me....especially against another god-awful team in the Rams.

Again...JMO.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell...I think I can just point to the fact that Carlos Hyde tore his MCL. Now I get to look forward to watching Shaun Draughn run the football. That alone gives me reason not to think that 2-14 feels that much better than 1-15.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all would like SF to win, in general. I guarantee the players don't give a rats ass about where the team will draft, and there are several of them that surely want a win. Unfortunately, there are players on that team that don't care, and are eager just to get back home to their Xboxes and play Madden, and a lot of those guys are not for long as far as the Niners future is concerned.

At this point however, on this team, a win is....irrelevant AFAIC. Because of the absolute disaster the 2016 49ers are, the future is about all the team, and the fans, have to look forward to - and a big part of that is the draft.

I'm not saying the draft is a guarantee (far, far from it. In fact, bad teams are generally a result of bad drafts) nor am I saying that there is a situation like...say... 1998 (#1 P. Manning, #2 R. Leaf) but at least the Niners would be in a far better position to either get the guy they want, or to trade down and get more picks. SF still has a pretty good chance at #2 to do either, but right now, Cleveland holds all the cards.

As a fan, that's something I can at least look forward to. When SF is 1-13, the season has pretty much been decided.....I'm just not looking forward to another win. It does nothing for me....especially against another god-awful team in the Rams.

Again...JMO.

your opinion is fine, but what is 'general'? You want the team to win but when does 'general' turn into 'lose for better draft position'?

You must have something in mind, else you wouldn't post 'win in general', then follow it by lose for the draft.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion is fine, but what is 'general'? You want the team to win but when does 'general' turn into 'lose for better draft position'?

You must have something in mind, else you wouldn't post 'win in general', then follow it by lose for the draft.

When wins are meaningless and the focus as a fan is pretty much all in the future. I see some pieces on the team that we can move forward with, but lets face it...this roster needs a MAJOR injection of talent. Right now, we aren't really that close. When you're 1-7, 1-10, 1-13....I'm tuning out more and more on 2016 and looking more and more at 2017.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When wins are meaningless and the focus as a fan is pretty much all in the future. I see some pieces on the team that we can move forward with, but lets face it...this roster needs a MAJOR injection of talent. Right now, we aren't really that close. When you're 1-7, 1-10, 1-13....I'm tuning out more and more on 2016 and looking more and more at 2017.

ok. no argument this team needs a major injection of talent, the QB alone is considered 'major'. No argument we weren't close in 2016, and fans have 'tuned out'.

The season is still on-going and i LIKE winning, ANY game. IMO it isn't 'meaningless' and one writer agreed, i posted his article earlier.

That said, not trying to imply this win is huge either, so it is ok you and most are disappointed we won.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of now there isn't any hype on QB's, not a one. I'm sure some hype will arise after the season, but don't think enough to show there's an impact QB.
DeShaun Watson from Clemson.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeShaun Watson from Clemson.

we shall see? in past years with a top QB prospect, the hype would've started by now. There is no hype AT ALL on Watson?!

Not eliminating him from consideration, but it doesn't look like there is ANY QB worth #1 or #2. Maybe he slides to late round 1, and we trade up? Because if any QB is our guy, i would trade up to get him.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see? in past years with a top QB prospect, the hype would've started by now. There is no hype AT ALL on Watson?!

Not eliminating him from consideration, but it doesn't look like there is ANY QB worth #1 or #2. Maybe he slides to late round 1, and we trade up? Because if any QB is our guy, i would trade up to get him.

I'm with the analysts on this one...not in love with any of the QB's early on in the 1st round. We have a lot to address in this draft and once again with a high pick, we're in a weird spot. At present I'm kind of at a loss as to which direction we go assuming we get the #2 pick and stick with it (maybe Garrett?).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with the analysts on this one...not in love with any of the QB's early on in the 1st round. We have a lot to address in this draft and once again with a high pick, we're in a weird spot. At present I'm kind of at a loss as to which direction we go assuming we get the #2 pick and stick with it (maybe Garrett?).

Not having read much (the draft circus hasn't started yet) Garrett seems to be the pick? But if i'm Cleveland, i'm thinking the same thing plus, i think they have another 1st rounder which will go to one of these QB's? they don't have to trade up into Round 1 again, so more so Garrett makes sense for them.

After seeing the results of Goff and to some extent Wentz, can't imagine a team wanting to trade up that high? If there was a Luck or Manning yes, but without a 'sure fire' prospect, trading down won't be an option.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were the 49ers he'd be the first guy I took. He's perfect for the type of offense they want to run. Heisman finalist the last two years so there is definitely some hype about the guy. He plays like a Pro QB, not a college QB.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having read much (the draft circus hasn't started yet) Garrett seems to be the pick? But if i'm Cleveland, i'm thinking the same thing plus, i think they have another 1st rounder which will go to one of these QB's? they don't have to trade up into Round 1 again, so more so Garrett makes sense for them.

After seeing the results of Goff and to some extent Wentz, can't imagine a team wanting to trade up that high? If there was a Luck or Manning yes, but without a 'sure fire' prospect, trading down won't be an option.

Yea that's what I meant by "weird spot"...don't think that any QB is worthy of that spot so we might have to look a different direction provided we don't have any takers if we decide to trade back. Hopefully Baalke is out the door so we don't draft someone with a blown out knee...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, Cleveland has Philly's #10 pick in round 1. Unless a specific QB is blowing them away, it makes sense for them to take Garrett first.

Depending on the results of Week 17, this order might change. But as of right now, here is the updated top-20 draft order for the 2017 NFL Draft:

Pick Team W L T
1 Cleveland Browns 1 14 0
2 San Francisco 49ers 2 13 0
3 Chicago Bears 3 12 0
4 Jacksonville Jaguars 3 12 0
5 Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles) 4 11 0
6 New York Jets 4 11 0
7 San Diego Chargers 5 10 0
8 Cincinnati Bengals 5 9 1
9 Carolina Panthers 6 9 0
10 Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia) 6 9 0
11 Arizona Cardinals 6 8 1
12 Buffalo Bills 7 8 0
13 Indianapolis Colts 7 8 0
14 Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota) 7 8 0
15 New Orleans Saints 7 8 0
16 Tennessee Titans 8 7 0
17 Baltimore Ravens 8 7 0
18 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8 7 0
19 Denver Broncos 8 7 0
20 Washington Redskins 8 6 1

Note LA gave up the #5 pick overall, aw shucks. this is the nightmare scenario for them, Goff not looking like he'll make up for it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not defending Kap but do u see our Starting line up on offense and Defense. We have so many players playing that wouldn't see the field for almost any other team. Kap had a very good day today besides the 1 Int.I am pissed we won the way we did.

Im telling you we will screw ourself next week. Some miracle we will beat seattle and fall to #5 pick.
No chance in hell we beat Seattle. We should have the pick for Watson locked up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in hell we beat Seattle. We should have the pick for Watson locked up.
If we pick watson in the top 5 we will be set back another 5 years. He isn't worth a Top 15 pick.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pick watson in the top 5 we will be set back another 5 years. He isn't worth a Top 15 pick.
That's what they all said about Prescott. I wouldn't wish being drafted by this 49er team on my worst enemy so, for his sake, I hope you are right. He, or any other top QB prospect, would get killed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what they all said about Prescott. I wouldn't wish being drafted by this 49er team on my worst enemy so, for his sake, I hope you are right. He, or any other top QB prospect, would get killed.
No I wanted Dak. yes not in the 1st rd but overall I would of been ok drafting him in the late 2nd or 3rd. Lets not forget Dak is in a perfect situation in Dallas. What he is doing he wouldnt be able to do with any of the losing teams. Dallas is built for a young QB to do well get his confidence and then take the training wheels off to do his thing. Dont get me wrong I am still impressed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wanted Dak. yes not in the 1st rd but overall I would of been ok drafting him in the late 2nd or 3rd. Lets not forget Dak is in a perfect situation in Dallas. What he is doing he wouldnt be able to do with any of the losing teams. Dallas is built for a young QB to do well get his confidence and then take the training wheels off to do his thing. Dont get me wrong I am still impressed.
Seems that Watson is far more talented than Prescott. It remains to be seen if that translates as well to the NFL. It certainly won't with a team like the 49ers. Hope we draft him anyway. he's too good to pass up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that Watson is far more talented than Prescott. It remains to be seen if that translates as well to the NFL. It certainly won't with a team like the 49ers. Hope we draft him anyway. he's too good to pass up.
I just dont see it. I dont see him being anything special. 15 Int in college is a lot. If we do draft him I hope you are right. I will stay positive and have his back but right now Im concerned if we draft him. Completions % isnt anything special and he has had weapons.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Lynch is hosting the KNBR show this morning. He isn't that impressed with Trubisky. He thinks the 49ers ought to go after Garapalo. He said New England is looking for a deal similar to what another team got which I can't remember the team now but that team gave up a 1st and a 4th. Our 1st is too high but maybe our 2nd which is still a really good pick

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Lynch is hosting the KNBR show this morning. He isn't that impressed with Trubisky. He thinks the 49ers ought to go after Garapalo. He said New England is looking for a deal similar to what another team got which I can't remember the team now but that team gave up a 1st and a 4th. Our 1st is too high but maybe our 2nd which is still a really good pick

I think that's a lot to give up with our current roster situation. We're not a QB away from making noise in the playoffs and I think it's important to draft around our current strengths and young players. We still have a long ways to go until free agency opens up and we see what's out there (or who's willing to wheel and deal). If Baalke is still in play...we might head down that road (Baalke self preservation).