• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Rams

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the knocks on him in scouting reports. Some of his weaknesses are similar to Kaepernick's and that is concerning. My concern is whether he can adjust to the NFL game or just end up like Kaep or even worse RG3

I like the kids guts don't get me wrong, I'm just not sold that he garners the value of the 2nd pick in the draft.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has also thrown 30 interceptions the last two seasons against college competition. That's the knack on him.
Ain't no knock. When you throw a lot in a pro style offense that depends on anticipation of the route being run properly or throwing someone open like they do in the pros, you have to be able to count on your receivers to follow through which they often did not. From what I've seen, less than half of those INTs were his fault. You would not believe how many of them bounced off receivers hands and got picked or were knocked up in the air at the line and picked.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I sure hope Cleveland agrees with you.

I think you mean disagrees hahaa...and yea me too! The bigger story here is...who will be running our draft board? That will play into the decision heavily...I just can't see him going until the tail end of the 1st round or the 2nd. Honestly, I'm not sure a QB will go in the top 15 picks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean disagrees hahaa...and yea me too! The bigger story here is...who will be running our draft board? That will play into the decision heavily...I just can't see him going until the tail end of the 1st round or the 2nd. Honestly, I'm not sure a QB will go in the top 15 picks.
No. I hope they agree with you that he is not top of the draft quality. I want them to pass on Watson so the 49ers can get him.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I hope they agree with you that he is not top of the draft quality. I want them to pass on Watson so the 49ers can get him.

Oh gotcha, I guess that's where we disagree. All good though...I'd love to be wrong about the kid, but I just don't see it...which doesn't say much as I don't get paid to form those types of opinions hahaa. I'd rather get some solid players in the first couple rounds and save the reaching until the 3rd...either that or trade back a bit for more picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

IF these QB's don't go top 10, teams will trade back into Round 1.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the kids guts don't get me wrong, I'm just not sold that he garners the value of the 2nd pick in the draft.

Yes, we need a franchise player with that pick. I would almost rather trade down for extra picks if a clear cut impact player is not there at #2.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, we need a franchise player with that pick. I would almost rather trade down for extra picks if a clear cut impact player is not there at #2.

But if there is no clear cut impact player, who'll want to trade up? It is good Deshaun Watson had a good game.....statistically. MAYBE it drums up interest from anther team....maybe?

For us, we like to think there is an option to trade down, but without an impact player for someone to target........

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF these QB's don't go top 10, teams will trade back into Round 1.

If Watson falls to the late 20's in the first round, I could see the Niners trading back to the first round. I would like for them to draft either Garrett or Allen with the 2nd pick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if there is no clear cut impact player, who'll want to trade up? It is good Deshaun Watson had a good game.....statistically. MAYBE it drums up interest from anther team....maybe?

For us, we like to think there is an option to trade down, but without an impact player for someone to target........

IDK, doesn't mean you can't try and it in part depends on how much a player a team might covet and how much they are willing to give up

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From most sites, it seems the Allen kid from Alabama is the next in line after Garrett. I've read that he was pretty much irrelevant in last nights game (didn't watch). If that's the case then....I guess I have to say to myself 'all it takes is just one.' One team that truly desires a QB and load up to move and get him. Or just make it easy and let Cleveland take a quarterback.