• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seahawks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

I do not give a rats ass about Blaine Gabbert. I really don't see how anyone could've pinned their hopes on this guy (if anyone did, that's another story) but he is the better option for the future of the team. Anything to keep Kaepernick off the field so there is no chance we are on the hook for him next year. Keep Gabbert in all season. Put Ponder in. Get virtually any unsigned guy in there. ANYBODY except for Colin Kaepernick.

But it won't matter. Kaep will get his shot and either play 'decent' enough for people to want to give him another shot (you know...the punchable people) or he'll get a severe injury and screw us again. Either way, this guy will be on the roster next year. Why? Because it's exactly what I don't want.
We have a clueless football fan here. Thats all im going to say. After the 1st 3 games i dont know how anyone can defend Gabbert. Yesterday was the worse football game I ever saw from a QB.

At least I know not to talk football with you. Clueless fan.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also on the "Lets give Kap another shot" train. I mean, Gabbert isn't working...clearly. They don't even trust him to throw the ball over 6/7 yards. Literally every 3 down play was designed to get someone the ball like 5 yards short of the first down and hope they somehow get the extra five yards.

Kap is no good so I don't think it's an answer by any means. But at this point, what can it hurt? At least he has some success in the NFL. Gabbert has none and hasn't shown to be able to do much of anything.
Thank you. I been saying this for awhile now. Some get it and some dont.

On to the Next QB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have a hard time believing Kaepernick is screwing anybody. Pretty sure his agent didn't put a gun to Jed York's head and say "sign this team friendly contract". Also, I'm pretty sure the front office could have let Kaepernick go at a loss. But they didn't. They sure as hell didn't trade him. That's the cool thing about about rich people, they can make mistakes and not care. My opinion; play the guy at any position and get your money's worth. Because you're paying him anyways.

You're never gonna get your money's worth with Kaepernick any more. The only thing you can possibly get is to be on the hook next year for a guy who can no longer function at the NFL level should he get hurt. That's how he'll 'screw' us.

SF should've cut him when they couldn't get anything in a trade. That's all you really need to know about his worth in the league nowadays. They should RGIII him at this point, but it won't happen. He'll be starting in a week or two.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no surprises on this game really. Most of us figured we would only win about 5 games or so the entire season. We haven't had much success in Seattle for a long time now. Par for the course.

Didn't expect a win. But was hoping to put up a bit more resistance. And seeing the defense playing the way it did against an offense that was struggling is still not excusable. Going back to a point I made earlier, rushing three lineman on 3rd and 15 makes no sense. Seattle has a garbage oline and the 49ers defense made it easy for them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the whole game. Saw more of the defensive play than the offense. Fell asleep and when I woke up it was 14-0. This continuation though from last year of throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down is maddening. I did see that yesterday. Kelly didn't exactly give Gabbert a ringing endorsement on KNBR this morning.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't totally agree with that statement. Looking to try ANY alternative when the game is getting out of reach.
There's a name for that when you keep trying the same old thing after it continually fails but I can't remember what it is.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets not be surprised we don't have good QB play, we all knew that going in. i'm certainly ok trying another QB after this game, but lets no expect anything much better.

As far as which one, i can only trust Kelly will make the right decision. Like Gabbert, the next man up doesn't need to be permanent.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a name for that when you keep trying the same old thing after it continually fails but I can't remember what it is.

there is also 'the grass is always greener...."

we'll expect too much of the next QB too, then call for another change after 4 games. that's just the way it is. :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't see the whole game. Saw more of the defensive play than the offense. Fell asleep and when I woke up it was 14-0. This continuation though from last year of throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down is maddening. I did see that yesterday. Kelly didn't exactly give Gabbert a ringing endorsement on KNBR this morning.

i was disappointed in their ability to run against our D, especially early on. thought we could contain their run game.

Wilson is accurate and Gabbert isn't.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was disappointed in their ability to run against our D, especially early on. thought we could contain their run game.

Wilson is accurate and Gabbert isn't.

I am actually more disappointed in our defense than offense. I knew playing against their defense up there it would be difficult. But our defense could have played better. I think our D made their struggling offense look much better than they actually are. Starts to make me think of our defense last year. Next week is going to be a very telling week.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect a blowout, our O has been stuck in the mud starting this season... I"m not down for Chip Kelly's style of coaching, running hurry up all the time put's WAY too much pressure on your defense if your O isn't successful ... I remember when we played the Eagles a couple years back and by the end of the game the Eagles defense looked like they ran a marathon because there O had so many quick 3 and outs ... It's not always the best strategy ...

Kelly has hardly run an uptempo offense this year. Against Carolina he hardly played hurry up. I didn't see a lot of the offense this Sunday, but last week in Carolina there were opportunities on offense. There were several passing plays where Gabbert missed his receivers which could of have made a big difference in the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am actually more disappointed in our defense than offense. I knew playing against their defense up there it would be difficult. But our defense could have played better. I think our D made their struggling offense look much better than they actually are. Starts to make me think of our defense last year. Next week is going to be a very telling week.

same here and for those reasons.

i'm starting to wonder about Bethea who is good against the run, but seems slow against the pass?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same here and for those reasons.

i'm starting to wonder about Bethea who is good against the run, but seems slow against the pass?

Was he? I didn't focus on him. Seems there were blown coverages in the secondary. That along with little pass rush. On a few of the plays the coverage wasn't bad but the DBs couldn't make plays on jump balls. Run defense poor overall.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was he? I didn't focus on him. Seems there were blown coverages in the secondary. That along with little pass rush. On a few of the plays the coverage wasn't bad but the DBs couldn't make plays on jump balls. Run defense poor overall.

the corners are ok outside, but the NB gets rubbed on crossing routes too easily. granted, the criss cross route is tough on the DB's when the pass is thrown on time. Wilson was throwing it with timing, in fact most of his passes are thrown with timing, not just accuracy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly has hardly run an uptempo offense this year. Against Carolina he hardly played hurry up. I didn't see a lot of the offense this Sunday, but last week in Carolina there were opportunities on offense. There were several passing plays where Gabbert missed his receivers which could of have made a big difference in the game.
True. I'm not sure why they are calling this a "hurry up" offense. Its not. I think its just a layman's excuse for the poor play. They heard that Kelly's offense was going to be trouble for the defense so they just assume it is. The defense is just bad in my opinion.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I'm not sure why they are calling this a "hurry up" offense. Its not. I think its just a layman's excuse for the poor play. They heard that Kelly's offense was going to be trouble for the defense so they just assume it is. The defense is just bad in my opinion.

I think it is because Kelly is known for that from his college days and Philly. People who haven't watched a 49er game this year are assuming he is running a hurry up tempo offense in SF all the time when he hasn't. YEs, the defense has been bad the past couple of weeks and is troubling. Carolina and Newton lit it up against SF and I don't think their offense did much in the other games they played. Same with Seattle. They have been crappy on offense all year and light it up against us. I was more disappointed in the defense last Sunday than the offense. I can understand the offense struggling against Seattle's defense in Seattle. But I just can't see any reason why the defense played as poorly as it has. In years past with Harbaugh's teams, except for one game the defense played well up there but just wore down because they were always on the field. Sunday the defense stunk it up from the kickoff.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is because Kelly is known for that from his college days and Philly. People who haven't watched a 49er game this year are assuming he is running a hurry up tempo offense in SF all the time when he hasn't. YEs, the defense has been bad the past couple of weeks and is troubling. Carolina and Newton lit it up against SF and I don't think their offense did much in the other games they played. Same with Seattle. They have been crappy on offense all year and light it up against us. I was more disappointed in the defense last Sunday than the offense. I can understand the offense struggling against Seattle's defense in Seattle. But I just can't see any reason why the defense played as poorly as it has. In years past with Harbaugh's teams, except for one game the defense played well up there but just wore down because they were always on the field. Sunday the defense stunk it up from the kickoff.
I think the main problems with the defense are they cannot rush the passer and the D Line does not hold the line of scrimmage against the rush thus allowing the LBs to make plays while the linemen occupy a blocker. It seems like they just get shoved around and the LBs cannot get to the runner..

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main problems with the defense are they cannot rush the passer and the D Line does not hold the line of scrimmage against the rush thus allowing the LBs to make plays while the linemen occupy a blocker. It seems like they just get shoved around and the LBs cannot get to the runner..

That is troubling because the dline was playing possibly the worst offensive line in the league. And the defensive coordinator should be called out for rushing just three dlinemen on passing downs. They let Seattle's olineman off the hook. It reminds me of Nolan's strategy on defense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is troubling because the dline was playing possibly the worst offensive line in the league. And the defensive coordinator should be called out for rushing just three dlinemen on passing downs. They let Seattle's olineman off the hook. It reminds me of Nolan's strategy on defense.

At least it was better than his infamous "Three and Out" offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes and this week we are playing the best Oline. lets hope something changes. 1 thing that will help is improving on 3 and outs. we are in last place and that falls on Gabbert for making so many bad throws.