• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seahawks

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well get next week's game thread going.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early for a Game thread. LOL

I really like our Chances. I think Seattle window has closed. I said it last year that last year was their last chance and got a lot of heat from seattle fans. This team is nothing special. They are good but not great anymore.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early for a Game thread. LOL

I really like our Chances. I think Seattle window has closed. I said it last year that last year was their last chance and got a lot of heat from seattle fans. This team is nothing special. They are good but not great anymore.

I don't like our chances going up there. Just hope we can make a game of it. We have got to get a good rush going. If the 49ers can't generate a rush against that awful oline, then that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. I also have my doubts about the offense moving it up there. We shall see.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like our chances going up there. Just hope we can make a game of it. We have got to get a good rush going. If the 49ers can't generate a rush against that awful oline, then that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. I also have my doubts about the offense moving it up there. We shall see.

i guess my opinion is in between, i'll give us 50/50 chance of winning with their injuries.

their D is still strong so maybe it comes down to special teams?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF will probably get their ass kicked again. My initial inclination says we'll lose by 24+ points.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess my opinion is in between, i'll give us 50/50 chance of winning with their injuries.

their D is still strong so maybe it comes down to special teams?

I guess it depends which 49ers defense shows up. If the one from last Sunday show up there is little chance. I still don't expect to win, but maybe try and make a game of it.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle hasn't looked good at all. I kind of expect the real Seattle to finally show up and kick the crap out of us. But I don't think it happens yet.

I think we win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need to stop the run. The good news Seattle RB Rawls is hurt and Baldwin is hurt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grant Cohn: Predictable play-calling dragging down 49ers offense

not going to agree or say Grant's right, at least not yet. however, i did mention this already and is something to watch? IMO it does APPEAR like the run game is predictable, bland, and easier to defend. Not easy to defend, but easier.

granted we'll play a stout defense anyway, so can't expect big run stats. But will the run designs look the same, or will there be some variation? we'll see come Sunday.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant Cohn: Predictable play-calling dragging down 49ers offense

not going to agree or say Grant's right, at least not yet. however, i did mention this already and is something to watch? IMO it does APPEAR like the run game is predictable, bland, and easier to defend. Not easy to defend, but easier.

granted we'll play a stout defense anyway, so can't expect big run stats. But will the run designs look the same, or will there be some variation? we'll see come Sunday.
Read the article you.posted. I dont know about predictability on run plays, but I don't believe in his comparison to Tomsula. Two games is too small a sample size. And Tomsula faced Pittsburgh's defense week 2 which isn't nearly as good as Carolinas

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be Gabberts last game if things get ugly again. Im ready for the next guy. He is just really bad.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be Gabberts last game if things get ugly again. Im ready for the next guy. He is just really bad.

Next guy up? Not sure about that. I'll always be a Kap fan but there is something toxic about him as a Niner. I hope he finds success in another team.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then our defense is pretty bad because their offense has been anemic thus far.

That's just taking things in a vaccum. A scenario where 'X' beat 'Y' and 'Y' beat 'Z' therefore 'X' will easily beat 'Z'. Just like last year when we killed Minnesota, a team that turned in an 11-5 team. Of course we weren't really better than them.....there is a lot of 'when and where you play them' and that 'styles make fights.'

Our defense obviously is not as good as it showed against the Rams, and I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as it was in Carolina.

The Rams have played the Seahawks tough in recent years, and we basically split with the Rams....but what has happened for the most part when SF plays Seattle? They're blowouts, and not in our favour. I had no faith in our trip to Carolina and I have even less faith on a date with Seattle IN Seattle.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just taking things in a vaccum. A scenario where 'X' beat 'Y' and 'Y' beat 'Z' therefore 'X' will easily beat 'Z'. Just like last year when we killed Minnesota, a team that turned in an 11-5 team. Of course we weren't really better than them.....there is a lot of 'when and where you play them' and that 'styles make fights.'

Our defense obviously is not as good as it showed against the Rams, and I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as it was in Carolina.

The Rams have played the Seahawks tough in recent years, and we basically split with the Rams....but what has happened for the most part when SF plays Seattle? They're blowouts, and not in our favour. I had no faith in our trip to Carolina and I have even less faith on a date with Seattle IN Seattle.

Miami who hasn't been that good, went up there and Seattle's offense didn't play well. Yes, I know our history up there. Do I expect to win, definitely not. But if their offense runs hog wild on our defense and we can't get any pressure against that oline, then our defense is in pretty bad shape.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami who hasn't been that good, went up there and Seattle's offense didn't play well. Yes, I know our history up there. Do I expect to win, definitely not. But if their offense runs hog wild on our defense and we can't get any pressure against that oline, then our defense is in pretty bad shape.

Well...all I can say is I think you should brace for dissappointment. I believe we are in trouble come this weekend....and I won't care at all. Just come out healthy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...all I can say is I think you should brace for dissappointment. I believe we are in trouble come this weekend....and I won't care at all. Just come out healthy.
I won't be disappointment because I don't have any expectations. I don't know where this team is yet. I had concerns about the defense at the start of the year and concerns about the defensive coordinator and some of the things I've read about his time in Cleveland. A couple more games and we will have a little better idea of where this team is at.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok, could be his last game or maybe not? If Gabbert continues with the INT's, then i can see a change. But other than turnovers, it'll be a few more games with Gabbert. I'm ok with Gabbert knowing Kaep from the previous TWO years.

who knows, maybe he switches to Ponder? by now Ponder is more comfortable with the team and offensive scheme.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i give us a 50/50 chance to win on Sunday. their O-line isn't good and more importantly, they have some key injuries on offense. don't see them scoring a lot unless we help them with turnovers?

it could easily come down to ST's, all aspects of it.