• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seahawks

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect a blowout, our O has been stuck in the mud starting this season... I"m not down for Chip Kelly's style of coaching, running hurry up all the time put's WAY too much pressure on your defense if your O isn't successful ... I remember when we played the Eagles a couple years back and by the end of the game the Eagles defense looked like they ran a marathon because there O had so many quick 3 and outs ... It's not always the best strategy ...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect a blowout, our O has been stuck in the mud starting this season... I"m not down for Chip Kelly's style of coaching, running hurry up all the time put's WAY too much pressure on your defense if your O isn't successful ... I remember when we played the Eagles a couple years back and by the end of the game the Eagles defense looked like they ran a marathon because there O had so many quick 3 and outs ... It's not always the best strategy ...
I did. But I thought more along the lines of 24 - 6. I believe that was my prediction. There is no talent on the offense.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We already know the shit Kaepernick has to offer.
Sure thing. Let's also see other players' potential during this junk season. It will be a while until the FO understands that Chip Kelly is not an NFL HC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But one is probably the most inaccurate and worst reader of defenses the league has ever seen and one hasn't played a meaningful game in a long time,
Who cares at least they can throw the ball over 5 yards. Both have better arms. Gabbert does nothing good. His accuracy sucks, he throws Ints and he can't throw past 5 yards.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were just bad. 3rd downs on both sides of the ball killed us. Im just shocked to see Hyde have a good game when Seattle was stacking the box. props to Hyde. Only positive.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares at least they can throw the ball over 5 yards. Both have better arms. Gabbert does nothing good. His accuracy sucks, he throws Ints and he can't throw past 5 yards.
Ya, Gabbert has probably blown his opportunity.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Gabbert has probably blown his opportunity.
He looks like a mess out there. I rather try the other 2 poor QBs. Look at the end of discussion it doesn't really matter I guess because we are not going to have a good season and we will draft a QB next year but as a fan we deserve a better product on the field. Gabbert shouldn't even touch a football field again. I didn't know how bad his arm was. It looks like he has a dead arm. I feel like he had a better arm last year.

We lead the league in most 3 and outs and we have one of the worst 3rd down % in the league. That falls on the QB.

Its time for a change. Anyone that says no is clueless.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like a mess out there. I rather try the other 2 poor QBs. Look at the end of discussion it doesn't really matter I guess because we are not going to have a good season and we will draft a QB next year but as a fan we deserve a better product on the field. Gabbert shouldn't even touch a football field again. I didn't know how bad his arm was. It looks like he has a dead arm. I feel like he had a better arm last year.

We lead the league in most 3 and outs and we have one of the worst 3rd down % in the league. That falls on the QB.

Its time for a change. Anyone that says no is clueless.
We've seen Kaepernick and he is horrendous; clearly not the answer. But I'd like to see what Ponder can do

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it would be a blowout just because it was in Seattle. Even when the Niners were a good team, Seattle used to destroy them in Seattle.

But I agree w/r/t Kelly. Our O is so horrible that the style of hurry up offense really does us no favors. IF we are actually going to win games this season, it's going to be our defense that keeps us in with a couple drives from our offense. Going 3 and out constantly and wasted like a minute of clock isn't going to work unless you have an (at least) above average offense. And we have one of the worst Os in the league. His coaching philosophy doesn't really work in the NFL, and especially with an offense like ours.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also on the "Lets give Kap another shot" train. I mean, Gabbert isn't working...clearly. They don't even trust him to throw the ball over 6/7 yards. Literally every 3 down play was designed to get someone the ball like 5 yards short of the first down and hope they somehow get the extra five yards.

Kap is no good so I don't think it's an answer by any means. But at this point, what can it hurt? At least he has some success in the NFL. Gabbert has none and hasn't shown to be able to do much of anything.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be a blowout just because it was in Seattle. Even when the Niners were a good team, Seattle used to destroy them in Seattle.

But I agree w/r/t Kelly. Our O is so horrible that the style of hurry up offense really does us no favors. IF we are actually going to win games this season, it's going to be our defense that keeps us in with a couple drives from our offense. Going 3 and out constantly and wasted like a minute of clock isn't going to work unless you have an (at least) above average offense. And we have one of the worst Os in the league. His coaching philosophy doesn't really work in the NFL, and especially with an offense like ours.

Agreed... If your offense isn't that great it's always smarter to sustain longer drives, take your time and eat that clock... Let your D get rested up and stay close in the game.. I"ll never be a fan of hurry up unless the situation dictates running hurry up, I mean it's ok sometimes obviously, just not all the time...

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also on the "Lets give Kap another shot" train. I mean, Gabbert isn't working...clearly. They don't even trust him to throw the ball over 6/7 yards. Literally every 3 down play was designed to get someone the ball like 5 yards short of the first down and hope they somehow get the extra five yards.

Kap is no good so I don't think it's an answer by any means. But at this point, what can it hurt? At least he has some success in the NFL. Gabbert has none and hasn't shown to be able to do much of anything.

The problem is if kap gets hurt again and we are forced to keep him on the rooster for another year. Which would be terrible. I want to see what ponder can do

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that he didn't really run much of the hurry-up. SF's offense is the line/Hyde, and outside of that, they have nothing else. The QB situation is easily bottom 5 and the receiving corps ain't much better. The only hurry-up you saw yesterday from the Niners offense were they were 3-and-out, and hurried up off to the sidelines.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is if kap gets hurt again and we are forced to keep him on the rooster for another year. Which would be terrible. I want to see what ponder can do

This.

I do not give a rats ass about Blaine Gabbert. I really don't see how anyone could've pinned their hopes on this guy (if anyone did, that's another story) but he is the better option for the future of the team. Anything to keep Kaepernick off the field so there is no chance we are on the hook for him next year. Keep Gabbert in all season. Put Ponder in. Get virtually any unsigned guy in there. ANYBODY except for Colin Kaepernick.

But it won't matter. Kaep will get his shot and either play 'decent' enough for people to want to give him another shot (you know...the punchable people) or he'll get a severe injury and screw us again. Either way, this guy will be on the roster next year. Why? Because it's exactly what I don't want.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have a hard time believing Kaepernick is screwing anybody. Pretty sure his agent didn't put a gun to Jed York's head and say "sign this team friendly contract". Also, I'm pretty sure the front office could have let Kaepernick go at a loss. But they didn't. They sure as hell didn't trade him. That's the cool thing about about rich people, they can make mistakes and not care. My opinion; play the guy at any position and get your money's worth. Because you're paying him anyways.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen Kaepernick and he is horrendous; clearly not the answer. But I'd like to see what Ponder can do
We havent seen Kap in this offense. People forget about that. Im ok with trying Ponder.