• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers new coaching staff

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the first one was special because of all the dregs from mid to late '70's, preceded it. Back then we were as bad as we are now. The more i think about it, it felt WAY worse back then even if the records were better.

The 2004 season was really bad like the mid 70's. The 2005 season was bad like the late 70's. Otherwise, i recall the 70's was the worse.

If you haven't read the book The Genius, by David Harris, check it out. It is about Bill Walsh and what happened during the 1980's and his time in SF. Really interesting if you followed the team like we did.

basement bias

FlyingWolver9er
Pleasant Mills/Rivare(Bobo) IN/Willshire/Wren OH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important to say I've only been around for 1 SB. 94 team. I was only 3 years old going on 4. The franchise needed life and Harbaugh brought it. Who is that kind of coach that is out there? I've never been a Kelly fan at any of his stops. Not my style.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needed to be done. Go hire shanahan (son) as HC/OC and Bradley for D.C. Hire one of the Seattle guys for GM. #2 pick and cap space boom start fresh. Trade players that don't need to be here or let them go like Bethea, brooks, T Smith and Brock

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needed to be done. Go hire shanahan (son) as HC/OC and Bradley for D.C. Hire one of the Seattle guys for GM. #2 pick and cap space boom start fresh. Trade players that don't need to be here or let them go like Bethea, brooks, T Smith and Brock

Aaaaaaand the fun begins. Such a nice change...the fact that York has realized that change was desperately needed in the FO.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you guys feel about Brad Seely and Dave Toub from the KC?
It doesn't matter who we get as long as Jed York is running things. Did you see that boob at his press conference? The dude is a buffoon. I cracked up when the one reporter said that "if you are weeding out and removing incompetence, why don't you remove yourself". Man that was perfect. His sputtering response was so Jed York as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It doesn't matter who we get as long as Jed York is running things. Did you see that boob at his press conference? The dude is a buffoon. I cracked up when the one reporter said that "if you are weeding out and removing incompetence, why don't you remove yourself". Man that was perfect. His sputtering response was so Jed York as well.

Fans can laugh all they want, tease all they want BUT, he's right when talking about the Owner. Jed represents the Owners and that is it. I don't care how he looks, talks, or dresses, only that he spends the money and doesn't meddle. He has certainly just proven $30 million times over, he is spending money.

Other than being on previous selection Committees, don't feel he has meddled. Granted, some may have different definitions of "meddling". For me that is things like deciding who to draft, which Assistant Coaches to hire, determining schemes, calling plays, etc.

In this CURRENT search it makes sense to get the GM and HC who'll work together. So in this instance Jed has to be a part of the GM/HC combo search. It is the Owner's job to get the right GM in place.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can laugh all they want, tease all they want BUT, he's right when talking about the Owner. Jed represents the Owners and that is it. I don't care how he looks, talks, or dresses, only that he spends the money and doesn't meddle. He has certainly just proven $30 million times over, he is spending money.

Other than being on previous selection Committees, don't feel he has meddled. Granted, some may have different definitions of "meddling". For me that is things like deciding who to draft, which Assistant Coaches to hire, determining schemes, calling plays, etc.

In this CURRENT search it makes sense to get the GM and HC who'll work together. So in this instance Jed has to be a part of the GM/HC combo search. It is the Owner's job to get the right GM in place.
Football people getting fired by Jed York is like Albert Einstein getting fired by Pee Wee Herman.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Football people getting fired by Jed York is like Albert Einstein getting fired by Pee Wee Herman.

Baalke is 'football people"? j/k

Jed is the Owner and remains the Owner, he can hire and fire whomever he wants.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is 'football people"? j/k

Jed is the Owner and remains the Owner, he can hire and fire whomever he wants.
He's also a clown, a buffoon and an embarrassment to the fans of this team. A fucking trust fund baby with a toy.