• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers new coaching staff

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How would you guys feel about Brad Seely and Dave Toub from the KC?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes those two are good coaches and they understand the importance of field position and I think they would be able to attack good coordinators

I would like someone who had either previos NFL OC or DC experience

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im in for a full rebuild.

Our O-line isn't too bad, early on its pass protect was pretty good, so we don't need a 'full rebuild'. Changing out one and even two guys ok, but wouldn't call that 'full rebuild'. Getting the consistent QB could lift this current offense quite a bit, even with the current WR's and TE's. Now i'm not saying that is it, cause we're always looking to improve positions.

On defense, our LB corps certainly needs a 'full rebuild', especially the OLB's. Hard to imagine Bowman playing to that high level again, so we might as well keep an eye out for the next 'P. Willis'. D-line is disappointing but at least Buckner is panning out. We could always use a better secondary, but not ready to call it 'full rebuild'. Improve the OLB's and the secondary takes two steps up.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-line isn't too bad, early on its pass protect was pretty good, so we don't need a 'full rebuild'. Changing out one and even two guys ok, but wouldn't call that 'full rebuild'. Getting the consistent QB could lift this current offense quite a bit, even with the current WR's and TE's. Now i'm not saying that is it, cause we're always looking to improve positions.

On defense, our LB corps certainly needs a 'full rebuild', especially the OLB's. Hard to imagine Bowman playing to that high level again, so we might as well keep an eye out for the next 'P. Willis'. D-line is disappointing but at least Buckner is panning out. We could always use a better secondary, but not ready to call it 'full rebuild'. Improve the OLB's and the secondary takes two steps up.

Mostly the "full rebuild" needs to be done in the FO. We have some young talent on both sides of the ball, but need some veteran help in the areas you noted. If we can get settled in at the top...things will turn around in a year or two. Not saying we're gonna be contenders, but I think if we go about the draft and free agency with football minds instead of the 3 headed snake making those decisions now, we should be okay.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mostly the "full rebuild" needs to be done in the FO. We have some young talent on both sides of the ball, but need some veteran help in the areas you noted. If we can get settled in at the top...things will turn around in a year or two. Not saying we're gonna be contenders, but I think if we go about the draft and free agency with football minds instead of the 3 headed snake making those decisions now, we should be okay.

Also think it could change a lot in 2 years, clearly the key is getting that QB. he may not be good yet next season - ie rookie - but be good in 2 years.

Yes, not declaring a strong team, but certainly near 0.500.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also think it could change a lot in 2 years, clearly the key is getting that QB. he may not be good yet next season - ie rookie - but be good in 2 years.

Yes, not declaring a strong team, but certainly near 0.500.

Agree. It's all about drafting players who are able to contribute. No more drafting injured players. Niners are not in any position to do that. Draft best player available and get more talent on this team. Maybe in a couple of years, Niners could be 7-9 or 8-8 and be competitive and respectable.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree. It's all about drafting players who are able to contribute. No more drafting injured players. Niners are not in any position to do that. Draft best player available and get more talent on this team. Maybe in a couple of years, Niners could be 7-9 or 8-8 and be competitive and respectable.

NOOOOOO question!

i started on this two years ago, granted it was only beginning to show up then. By now we know it clearly hasn't worked.

Have always been for "BPA", because yes, the goal of drafting is getting the maximum amount of talent onto your team. There are certain situations where you wouldn't do this 'without question', but generally it should always be over to the BPA side.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have to have top level OL and DL and superb LBs. Only need an Alex Smith caliber QB if you get a tough RB like Gore was for us. Need the nastiness Harbaugh brought us.

Since we fans can only go by Need..................the first priority is clearly QB....IF there is one or if we can get him later 1st round? Then yes, next would be 'superb LB's', or an OLB with pass rush skills to be specific. If good value arises 'mid' draft, i'd add another LB whether OLB or ILB.

Nothing wrong with adding a 'top level' linemen, but right now i think we're "ok" on both sides. If solid value is there fine, but we don't HAVE to spend a higher pick.

basement bias

FlyingWolver9er
Pleasant Mills/Rivare(Bobo) IN/Willshire/Wren OH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we fans can only go by Need..................the first priority is clearly QB....IF there is one or if we can get him later 1st round? Then yes, next would be 'superb LB's', or an OLB with pass rush skills to be specific. If good value arises 'mid' draft, i'd add another LB whether OLB or ILB.

Nothing wrong with adding a 'top level' linemen, but right now i think we're "ok" on both sides. If solid value is there fine, but we don't HAVE to spend a higher pick.

Yeah we need a QB or 2, but I don't see anyone worthy of spending 1st rd money on. Definitely hit the defense though.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well said, that has been out problem the last few years we have just drafted whomever which sometimes you can do but when your leaving Dak Prescott and others on the board its make us have set backs big time

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NOOOOOO question!

i started on this two years ago, granted it was only beginning to show up then. By now we know it clearly hasn't worked.

Have always been for "BPA", because yes, the goal of drafting is getting the maximum amount of talent onto your team. There are certain situations where you wouldn't do this 'without question', but generally it should always be over to the BPA side.

I say we stack our DLine and LB core with free agents and we draft offensive guys and what we need.

We need to get a GM from the New England tree, look at the Falcons and Titans they have New England guys running the show. Maybe they will want to keep Kelly which would be good based on him being cool with Bellichik. The new GM can have Kelly slow the offense down a little just to not kill our defense.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Redskins clearly new they couldn't rely on RG3 they lucked up by selecting Cousins in the same draft

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we stack our DLine and LB core with free agents and we draft offensive guys and what we need.

We need to get a GM from the New England tree, look at the Falcons and Titans they have New England guys running the show. Maybe they will want to keep Kelly which would be good based on him being cool with Bellichik. The new GM can have Kelly slow the offense down a little just to not kill our defense.
I think the guy from New England would be good but he has turned down other offers before. Can we do enough to lure him? Not confident the York's can. Regarding the offense, we have not been running a hurry up offense. That has been a big misconception. It slowed some under Gabbert and slowed even more under Kaepernick. If you look at the time let play, it is not quick at all. We don't even run two minute drills quickly

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes those two are good coaches and they understand the importance of field position and I think they would be able to attack good coordinators
How would they ever get good coordinators to come there if they kept attacking them?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 2 big name DC are out there now Bradley and Rex Ryan. 1 thing for sure we need to find a new one.