• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers new coaching staff

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Redskins clearly new they couldn't rely on RG3 they lucked up by selecting Cousins in the same draft

If we don't draft a QB in say first 3 rounds, do consider drafting two QBs, IF solid value arises.

Of course this assumes we only INTEND to go with one veteran QB in Kaep, Ponder, etc. You could bring in another vet like Thad Lewis for the off-season, but you're not 'stamping' him as the back-up.

So yes, i would draft two QB's and if potential is there (flashes in TC and Pre-Season), go into the season with two rookies. If not there, we didn't use a high draft pick on the second QB, but point is we're trying hard to address QB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is...IF the Niners go this route and levels the staff incl. Baalke.....they better have something set up going forward. I'm not the biggest Chip Kelly fan, but I think a lot of hatred he gets is completely unwarranted and based on groupthink. Again - this franchise isn't considered a paradise around the league. The Niners may be interested in guys that are NOT interested in the Niners, and if that's the case, they may need to settle on another Chan Gailey/Doug Marrone type.

The one good thing going for the GM is that we have 100 bazillion in cap space to blow, so the (supposedly new) GM should have the power to freewheel in whatever direction he chooses.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is...IF the Niners go this route and levels the staff incl. Baalke.....they better have something set up going forward. I'm not the biggest Chip Kelly fan, but I think a lot of hatred he gets is completely unwarranted and based on groupthink. Again - this franchise isn't considered a paradise around the league. The Niners may be interested in guys that are NOT interested in the Niners, and if that's the case, they may need to settle on another Chan Gailey/Doug Marrone type.

The one good thing going for the GM is that we have 100 bazillion in cap space to blow, so the (supposedly new) GM should have the power to freewheel in whatever direction he chooses.

That's where this club becomes a sexy option for a top profile GM...if in fact York is stepping back and letting the GM hold the steering wheel and put their feet on the pedals. With that amount of cash to work with there are a lot of possibilities. And as we all know...cash is king in the NFL.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where this club becomes a sexy option for a top profile GM...if in fact York is stepping back and letting the GM hold the steering wheel and put their feet on the pedals. With that amount of cash to work with there are a lot of possibilities. And as we all know...cash is king in the NFL.

That's what we have to hope for. You get a credible GM or at least someone whose name has floated around the league in a positive manner, and maybe you can attract solid coaching candidates in the building. Of course, we sorta had that happen when Harbaugh came to town.....

Halley's Comet comes around something like every 80 odd years.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what we have to hope for. You get a credible GM or at least someone whose name has floated around the league in a positive manner, and maybe you can attract solid coaching candidates in the building. Of course, we sorta had that happen when Harbaugh came to town.....

Halley's Comet comes around something like every 80 odd years.

Compared to earlier generations of the NFL, a turn around in this league can happen relatively fast (2-3 years) provided there is a strong FO in place.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most certainly....but that's mostly from a players standpoint. We get stuck with guys who cannot judge talent/coach, well then.....

I guess I'll pop in some old tapes of the 81 season and enjoy.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most certainly....but that's mostly from a players standpoint. We get stuck with guys who cannot judge talent/coach, well then.....

I guess I'll pop in some old tapes of the 81 season and enjoy.

Hahaa...yeap...I'm going with the 94 season...aaaahhhhh...the good old days.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting because I read comments from non 49er fans about Kelly and it is clear they have not watched any 49er games and make assumptions that Kelly runs the 49er offense like he ran the offense in Philly and Oregon and that really isn't the case.

Chip’s no huddle (slow) tempo offense

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do enjoy '94, but that team was so talented, we expected to win. The '81 season is way more exciting/emotional, because it was a 'cinderella' team.

Yep, that 1981 season will always be my favorite. It really was the first championship of all three sports I got to experience. I was too young and wasn't really a Golden State Warrior fan yet to enjoy the 1975-1976 championship. Beating Dallas in the 1981 NFC Championship game was as good as any of the Super Bowl wins to me.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do enjoy '94, but that team was so talented, we expected to win. The '81 season is way more exciting/emotional, because it was a 'cinderella' team.

actually, 1981 was Bill Walsh's favorite too

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that 1981 season will always be my favorite. It really was the first championship of all three sports I got to experience. I was too young and wasn't really a Golden State Warrior fan yet to enjoy the 1975-1976 championship. Beating Dallas in the 1981 NFC Championship game was as good as any of the Super Bowl wins to me.

Yea I remember that one...I was really young though...and then I got spoiled thereafter until the wheels fell off until Harbs.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I remember that one...I was really young though...and then I got spoiled thereafter until the wheels fell off until Harbs.

I was 16 years old at the time and I was in the Bay Area at the time. What a celebration afterwards. All the super bowls were special just not as good as the first because after the first one expectations set in and anything less than a super bowl was a disappointment

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting because I read comments from non 49er fans about Kelly and it is clear they have not watched any 49er games and make assumptions that Kelly runs the 49er offense like he ran the offense in Philly and Oregon and that really isn't the case.

Chip’s no huddle (slow) tempo offense

Like I said...groupthink. It's easy to just repeat the same stuff if you hear it, and it only magnifies the more it's repeated. Again, I'm not saying Kelly is the next Bill Walsh, but when we as Niner fans actually watch the games to....you know...verify his tempo, or hear guys like Greg Cosell state that Kelly has schemed guys (inferior guys at that) open, they he isn't this massive problem some make him out to be.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said...groupthink. It's easy to just repeat the same stuff if you hear it, and it only magnifies the more it's repeated. Again, I'm not saying Kelly is the next Bill Walsh, but when we as Niner fans actually watch the games to....you know...verify his tempo, or hear guys like Greg Cosell state that Kelly has schemed guys (inferior guys at that) open, they he isn't this massive problem some make him out to be.

Yes, Greg Cosell talked in detail about that very thing on KNBR this morning

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 16 years old at the time and I was in the Bay Area at the time. What a celebration afterwards. All the super bowls were special just not as good as the first because after the first one expectations set in and anything less than a super bowl was a disappointment

Yea I was 7 years old for that one...everyone on my block was lighting off fireworks and honking their car horns...I grew up in Palo Alto...it was madness in the Bay Area for sure.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was 7 years old for that one...everyone on my block was lighting off fireworks and honking their car horns...I grew up in Palo Alto...it was madness in the Bay Area for sure.

We were cruising up and down El Camino Real in San Bruno and the cars and sidewalk was packed with 49er fans celebrating. No trouble at all. Everyone was celebrating together and having a good time

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were cruising up and down El Camino Real in San Bruno and the cars and sidewalk was packed with 49er fans celebrating. No trouble at all. Everyone was celebrating together and having a good time

Having frequented Dead shows later in life...I'd say it was pretty close to the same happy atmosphere. The streets were full of people cheering...full on rejoicing.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They key is going to be finding a GM known for being good in the Draft, and either a Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator known for developing QB's. Then we just have to patient and give it time.

If we go the Mike Nolan route and bring in a defensive minded coach while needing a QB I'm done >_>; This franchise can only survive for so long on it's Glory years and the Yorks have just ripped this fans heart out and stomped all over it. After 10 years of misery they finally got it right with Harbaugh but were either to stupid or to cheap to keep it going. How they have handled the aftermath just looks like another decade of losing seasons.

Heck even if we draft the next Joe Montana they will probably just trade him after the rookie contract cause you know can't pay someone that kind of money nor have anyone overshadow the Yorks as being the greatest thing ever in 9er Nation. I was always very optimistic with this team and could see things improving year after year. I believed in Alex and was so glad to see him make it and will cheer the Chiefs on during the playoffs. I was even optimistic with Tomsula taking over and thought maybe Kelly can do good things with Kaepernick, but my optimistic views have crashed and burned hard. Our teams is a dumpster fire with absolutely nothing on the horizon that gives any hope of 2017 being a better year.

As for coaches who will even want to come here? They're certainly not bringing in someone like a Harbaugh. They might not even be able to attract a decent Coordinator after how they've handled things these last few years. No one wants to captain a sinking ship and right now that is what we are.

The GM hire has to be huge to overcome some of the negativity. If the Yorks hit a homerun with a new GM it will send a strong signal of change and understanding. A good GM might be able to reign a decent coach, but I wouldn't be to upset with keeping Kelly for another year before going after another coach as long as we get a strong GM this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, the first one was special because of all the dregs from mid to late '70's, preceded it. Back then we were as bad as we are now. The more i think about it, it felt WAY worse back then even if the records were better.

The 2004 season was really bad like the mid 70's. The 2005 season was bad like the late 70's. Otherwise, i recall the 70's was the worse.