• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Michigan @ #2 The Ohio State University; ABC 12 EST

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, I said some things I'm not proud of and I have apologized for those. Alcohol, anger and internet anonymity is a bad mix.

But I'm not wrong, Michigan should have won that game. OSU was gifted a win by a biased ref and an incorrect review.

Has anyone actually been banned on here? I've never seen it. And I'm sure, just like ESPN, you could create infinite accounts.

Did the officials do a horrible? Probably. But if your a winning team, you have to overcome that shit. We did not and that piece of filth junior college won the game. Deal with it? Or maybe we have to create "Safe Threads". No body hates ohio state with the passion I do, but they won ... never complain, never explain (HFII). There is next year because that game is history.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things

1) We stopped them on that 4th down, so I'm cool w it. I know who won.

2) @MAIZEandBLUE09 you wished cancer on peoples kids? Well 3 days ago we found out my wife's 15 year old sister has cancer. So here's the deal. You are fighting me. I will find you. I'm real good at finding people. God put crazy muscle bound fucks like me on this planet to deal with evil people like you. Your days are numbered.

That is all.

Sorry to hear that...nothing tears me up more than kids in pain. Hope every thing turns out well for her.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did u guys give us? If a team should be talking like that -- seems UM fans would be saying something like that. It was UM giving away 14 points on turnovers and fumbling at the 1 yard line. Not OSU.

And I'm not trying to argue. I just pointed out the replay you posted and said shows him reaching the yellow line didn't prove anything because the yellow line isn't the first down.

In the end. It really doesn't matter. Both UM or OSU will get absolutely steamrolled by Bama. OSU has no passing game and they aren't running on Bama. And UM doesn't have the QB to compete with Bama, nor the RB's to move the ball.

Yesterday's game confirmed for me. The only way UM and OSU could compete with Bama this year is if they combined rosters.
What did we give you? We literally missed two easy FGs that Durbin has been making all year. That's 6 points left on the field for you to even make it to OT. Also, having arguably the best punter in the nation run an ill-advised punt fake from inside our 20? If he actually punted, it'd be hard to say you guys score your second TD.

OSU is most equipped to beat Bama, of all teams in the nation this year, that's for sure. Our passing game is definitely inconsistent, but we've shown the ability to use it effectively. OSU also has a better pass defense than Bama, and Hurts hasn't even been as good as Barrett this year. Also, we ran for over 200 yards on you guys yesterday, we can do that on Bama.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that...nothing tears me up more than kids in pain. Hope every thing turns out well for her.

Thanks. And I apologized to @MAIZEandBLUE09 for losing my temper and making those stupid comments. Obviously I humiliated myself. Appreciate the kind words.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett's holding onto the ball too long and even his short passes haven't had much touch. To put the blame on the o-line and receivers isn't fair. Barrett needs to get his confidence back and the coaches need to come up with a better game plan.

You know why a QB will hold onto the ball too long? Because his WR's aren't getting open. I love Barrett and wish he was UM's QB, but outside of Samuel, they do not have any elite talent at the skill position players like they had in 2014. Even Noah Brown -- I could wait to watch him play a full game. I thought he was going to give UM fits after hearing how he was going to start on last year's team. UM covered him with a safety much of the game and put Lewis on Samuel. He just doesn't get any separation.

It isn't to say they don't get better with experience, but right now, they only have 2 guys on offense that is going to do any damage against a quality defense (Samuel and Barrett).

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why a QB will hold onto the ball too long? Because his WR's aren't getting open. I love Barrett and wish he was UM's QB, but outside of Samuel, they do not have any elite talent at the skill position players like they had in 2014. Even Noah Brown -- I could wait to watch him play a full game. I thought he was going to give UM fits after hearing how he was going to start on last year's team. UM covered him with a safety much of the game and put Lewis on Samuel. He just doesn't get any separation.

It isn't to say they don't get better with experience, but right now, they only have 2 guys on offense that is going to do any damage against a quality defense (Samuel and Barrett).

To say they can't get open isn't totally true. When they have been open, Barrett can't hit them. I'll agree that our receivers this year aren't as good as in years past, but there are other issues... too many to list, and inexperience is a big factor as well. But it needs to start w/our coaching staff. Play-calling continues to be off, so I'll be anxious to see what they come up with come bowl time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did we give you? We literally missed two easy FGs that Durbin has been making all year. That's 6 points left on the field for you to even make it to OT. Also, having arguably the best punter in the nation run an ill-advised punt fake from inside our 20? If he actually punted, it'd be hard to say you guys score your second TD.

OSU is most equipped to beat Bama, of all teams in the nation this year, that's for sure. Our passing game is definitely inconsistent, but we've shown the ability to use it effectively. OSU also has a better pass defense than Bama, and Hurts hasn't even been as good as Barrett this year. Also, we ran for over 200 yards on you guys yesterday, we can do that on Bama.

I respect your opinion, but you are WAY off on what you need to beat Bama. The teams who have put up points on Bama (Ole Miss and Arkansas) -- they threw for over 800 yards on Bama. This is why I've said for a few weeks -- if we could put pieces of OSU and UM together on offense -- I like our chances.

OSU simply doesn't have a deep threat or the passing attack to put points up through the air. Noah Brown may develop into one in a year or two, when he learns to run routes better, but right now, he is nowhere near the talent you guys had in the past.

And while UM's DL is one of the best in the country -- it is for rushing the passer. We have a top 20 rushing defense, but we are NOWHERE near the level of Bama, because our LB'ers are nowhere near the level of Alabama. They are putting up historically low numbers as a rush defense. On the year, they've given up only 800 yards and 2.2 YPC. They are 1 of 2 teams to give up under 100 ypg. Houston gives up 97 ypg. Bama gives up 68 ypg.

If you want to beat Bama -- thru the air is where you have to attack them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say they can't get open isn't totally true. When they have been open, Barrett can't hit them. I'll agree that our receivers this year aren't as good as in years past, but there are other issues... too many to list, and inexperience is a big factor as well. But it needs to start w/our coaching staff. Play-calling continues to be off, so I'll be anxious to see what they come up with come bowl time.

How many open WR's did you see him miss yesterday, when he didn't have someone hitting him while he was throwing the ball?

Putting the blame on the coaching staff is short sighted -- it isn't as if this is an inexperienced staff who are learning on the fly. I think OSU fans were spoiled with the skill position players they had the past couple years and think because a player was great in HS, it will automatically translate in college to greatness. It doesn't happen like that.

No one knows how quickly or even if a player will pick up the necessary attributes needed to be successful at the college level.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion, but you are WAY off on what you need to beat Bama. The teams who have put up points on Bama (Ole Miss and Arkansas) -- they threw for over 800 yards on Bama. This is why I've said for a few weeks -- if we could put pieces of OSU and UM together on offense -- I like our chances.

OSU simply doesn't have a deep threat or the passing attack to put points up through the air. Noah Brown may develop into one in a year or two, when he learns to run routes better, but right now, he is nowhere near the talent you guys had in the past.

And while UM's DL is one of the best in the country -- it is for rushing the passer. We have a top 20 rushing defense, but we are NOWHERE near the level of Bama, because our LB'ers are nowhere near the level of Alabama. They are putting up historically low numbers as a rush defense. On the year, they've given up only 800 yards and 2.2 YPC. They are 1 of 2 teams to give up under 100 ypg. Houston gives up 97 ypg. Bama gives up 68 ypg.

If you want to beat Bama -- thru the air is where you have to attack them.
OSU has 3 guys capable of putting up 100 yards on the ground. Bama has a great rush defense, no doubt, but so does michigan and so does Wisconsin. We moved the ball on the ground against both of them. Barrett has been inconsistent but he's still got talent. He has had a hard time recently hitting some open guys (it's happened in the last 4 games as well as some earlier this year). To be fair, though, who do Arkansas and Ole Miss have that are such amazing WRs? Chad Kelly was a good QB but it's not like he was elite. Arky's QB is a freshman and I couldn't name a single position player on their team after the talent they lost last year.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe this thread is still going-on. That game was God-awful. If OSUx is actually in the playoff conversation, it'll be a GDed outrage.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has 3 guys capable of putting up 100 yards on the ground. Bama has a great rush defense, no doubt, but so does michigan and so does Wisconsin. We moved the ball on the ground against both of them. Barrett has been inconsistent but he's still got talent. He has had a hard time recently hitting some open guys (it's happened in the last 4 games as well as some earlier this year). To be fair, though, who do Arkansas and Ole Miss have that are such amazing WRs? Chad Kelly was a good QB but it's not like he was elite. Arky's QB is a freshman and I couldn't name a single position player on their team after the talent they lost last year.

Mike Weber is not going to put up 100 yards on a quality defense. Against UM and Wisconsin, what has he done? 22 carries for 70 yards. I told u what kind of back he is weeks ago. Will get u the tough yard, but he is not a HR RB. And I know Samuel is capable, but he isn't an every down RB and he has zero games with 100 yards rushing this year. Bama wouldn't be his first.

I'd love nothing more than to see Bama taken down. OSU and UM do not have the pieces on offense to do so. UM has the WR's and TE, but not the QB or RB. OSU has the QB and Samuel, but don't have the WR's.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many open WR's did you see him miss yesterday, when he didn't have someone hitting him while he was throwing the ball?

Putting the blame on the coaching staff is short sighted -- it isn't as if this is an inexperienced staff who are learning on the fly. I think OSU fans were spoiled with the skill position players they had the past couple years and think because a player was great in HS, it will automatically translate in college to greatness. It doesn't happen like that.

No one knows how quickly or even if a player will pick up the necessary attributes needed to be successful at the college level.

That's fine, blame it all on our receivers. Have you watched any other OSU games this season? Barrett has been a great QB, but he can't seem to connect on any deep balls.. and it's been this way all season. It looked like he found something against Nebraska, but that didn't last.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything Hurts has been better IMO, but at worst they have played even this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Weber is not going to put up 100 yards on a quality defense. Against UM and Wisconsin, what has he done? 22 carries for 70 yards. I told u what kind of back he is weeks ago. Will get u the tough yard, but he is not a HR RB. And I know Samuel is capable, but he isn't an every down RB and he has zero games with 100 yards rushing this year. Bama wouldn't be his first.

I'd love nothing more than to see Bama taken down. OSU and UM do not have the pieces on offense to do so. UM has the WR's and TE, but not the QB or RB. OSU has the QB and Samuel, but don't have the WR's.
Give him enough carries and he could. It's hard to get any momentum when you're getting 11 carries a game. I don't think he's a HR RB yet either, but the guy is still talented. Samuel is very capable but like Weber, he isn't getting the carries to do it. Having a mobile RB takes away from that, obviously.

It will be interesting to see us play Bama. Like I said, Ole Miss and Arkansas put up points against them, and if they can do it so can OSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, blame it all on our receivers. Have you watched any other OSU games this season? Barrett has been a great QB, but he can't seem to connect on any deep balls.. and it's been this way all season. It looked like he found something against Nebraska, but that didn't last.

If OSU looked like UM did against Iowa and had WR's open by 3-5 yards behind the defense and the ball was overthrown or under thrown. I'd be blaming the QB. Which is exactly what I did when Speight missed 4 throws to wide open guys that would have been tds against Iowa.

It isn't as if OSU WR's has tore up anyone. It is Curtis Samuel and that is it. This is why I think OSU would struggle against Bama. They can do what UM did and put their top CB (Fitzpatrick) on Samuel, because they don't have to worry about getting beat by the outside WR's. And Bama's rush defense is lightyears better than UM's.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything Hurts has been better IMO, but at worst they have played even this year.
They've actually been even at best. Hurts has a razor thin margin in yards with 3 fewer TDs and 4 more INTs.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen is a junior, a lot of those yards against Bama were in mop up duty, game was never really in question. Also their WR's are the same as last year, they lost their starting RB from last year, not that big of a deal because they are Wisconsin like with their RB's, but the reason they weren't as good on offense this year is because their O-line wasn't as good.

Also, Ole Miss has a great TE(1st/2nd rounder), and two NFL draftable WR's.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is a junior, a lot of those yards against Bama were in mop up duty, game was never really in question. Also their WR's are the same as last year, they lost their starting RB from last year, not that big of a deal because they are Wisconsin like with their RB's, but the reason they weren't as good on offense this year is because their O-line wasn't as good.

Also, Ole Miss has a great TE(1st/2nd rounder), and two NFL draftable WR's.
Sorry, meant that he was a first year starter, not a freshman. My bad there.

Also, that's not true about Arky. They were getting yards all game long. They had 3 drives of 68+ yards in the first half alone.

Ole Miss has a very good TE but what WRs do they have that are better than guys like Curtis Samuel and Noah Brown?