• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State @ Michigan

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that this is the 3rd year in a row that Corso has worn the Buckeye headgear in the Michigan v Ohio rivalry. All the commentators except Desmond, and special guest picker Hutch have picked Ohio the past 3 seasons.

2021:
Corso – Ohio
Kirk – Ohio
Desmond Howard – Michigan
Sebastian Maniscalco - Ohio

2022:
Corso – Ohio
Kirk – Ohio
Pat McAfee – Ohio
AJ Hawk - Ohio

2023:
Corso – Ohio
Kirk – Ohio
Pat McAfee – Ohio
Steve Coughlin – Ohio
Hutch - Michigan
Heisman pose guy is the smartest motherfucker in those groupings.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so, although I probably would have said the same thing in 2006. With all the controversy surrounding this game, and the season still not finished, I still think this is the biggest game of my lifetime. I wouldn't argue against '06 being as big or bigger though.

The 06 game will have to go down as one of my all time favs. Not that this game was bad, but the 06 game was more exciting. That and look at all the great players that went on to the NFL.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you cry about losing, when you claim there was cheating, that the team basically could know what youre gonna do, had the chance to create a new signaling scheme, a coach of the other team got fired, and the head coach banned from participating… and still fucking lost. This is like “buckeye woke” self victimization.

Even funnier is some of you are praying for vacated victories.

How do you cry about losing when the other team was cheating.. :ipw:

It's not really a claim. You guys got caught and owned up to it. Look at it however you want, but it's still not a good look.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 06 game will have to go down as one of my all time favs. Not that this game was bad, but the 06 game was more exciting. That and look at all the great players that went on to the NFL.
Well, you do have the benefit of hindsight when it comes to NFL players. We don't know how many great NFL players may be on these teams yet.

The bottom line is that Michigan was up against the wall in terms of allegations that they had unfairly "stolen" the last two wins against Ohio. A loss yesterday would have done nothing but help confirm that in some people's minds. Michigan really needed to win yesterday to hold the program intact until all the NCAA investigations are complete. Recruiters can make criticisms to Michigan to recruits, but then Michigan can say, "what happened after all the allegations came out?"

The bottom line is that this game was more important to the Michigan program. So it was the biggest Michigan game in my lifetime, in my opinion. I imagine it wouldn't be to an Ohio State fan though.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you do have the benefit of hindsight when it comes to NFL players. We don't know how many great NFL players may be on these teams yet.

The bottom line is that Michigan was up against the wall in terms of allegations that they had unfairly "stolen" the last two wins against Ohio. A loss yesterday would have done nothing but help confirm that in some people's minds. Michigan really needed to win yesterday to hold the program intact until all the NCAA investigations are complete. Recruiters can make criticisms to Michigan to recruits, but then Michigan can say, "what happened after all the allegations came out?"

The bottom line is that this game was more important to the Michigan program. So it was the biggest Michigan game in my lifetime, in my opinion. I imagine it wouldn't be to an Ohio State fan though.

I get what you're saying. This was a big game for UM. For me this season was underwhelming from the beginning. OSU having great talent and even being number 1 in the nation, but nothing really materialized. And I don't blame signal stealing or crap like that. It's Day once again getting out coached.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying. This was a big game for UM. For me this season was underwhelming from the beginning. OSU having great talent and even being number 1 in the nation, but nothing really materialized. And I don't blame signal stealing or crap like that. It's Day once again getting out coached.

It does remind me a lot of the 90's Cooper years right now. On paper, Ohio State should have had the better program the past 3 seasons. Like you said above, that's why coaching matters. If you can't develop the talent to live up to its potential, a team with a slightly lower recruiting ranking can and often will beat you.

I started losing faith in Harbaugh in 2020. I was thinking it might be time to start pushing him out the door. Fortunately, Michigan kept him. I don't know how long that will last, but Harbaugh has resurrected his teams at every place he has stopped in his coaching career, and I just hope that Michigan doesn't lose him. He may not walk up and hit a home run, but he certainly puts a lot of runs on the scoreboard. He can certainly develop a well rounded team. We'll see if he can create a national championship team though. I'm not confident Michigan has one this year, although I don't think there is a clear favorite right now.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does remind me a lot of the 90's Cooper years right now. On paper, Ohio State should have had the better program the past 3 seasons. Like you said above, that's why coaching matters. If you can't develop the talent to live up to its potential, a team with a slightly lower recruiting ranking can and often will beat you.

I started losing faith in Harbaugh in 2020. I was thinking it might be time to start pushing him out the door. Fortunately, Michigan kept him. I don't know how long that will last, but Harbaugh has resurrected his teams at every place he has stopped in his coaching career, and I just hope that Michigan doesn't lose him. He may not walk up and hit a home run, but he certainly puts a lot of runs on the scoreboard. He can certainly develop a well rounded team. We'll see if he can create a national championship team though. I'm not confident Michigan has one this year, although I don't think there is a clear favorite right now.

Well right now he's owning Ryan Day. I doubt Day's losing his job anytime soon over these losses, but his teams need to start looking better and he needs to start winning some of these big games.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right now he's owning Ryan Day. I doubt Day's losing his job anytime soon over these losses, but his teams need to start looking better and he needs to start winning some of these big games.
Well neither did Cooper, not that I think Day deserves to be fired. He was an FG away from winning a national title last year.

I don't see Ohio State giving him the same length of time they gave Cooper in the 90's. Although the expanded playoffs may buy Day a lot more time. The results of the Michigan v Ohio State game is going to mean far less now in future years. If Day loses next year to Michigan, but they still make the playoffs and win a game or two, I can't imagine they would dump him.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well neither did Cooper, not that I think Day deserves to be fired. He was an FG away from winning a national title last year.

I don't see Ohio State giving him the same length of time they gave Cooper in the 90's. Although the expanded playoffs may buy Day a lot more time. The results of the Michigan v Ohio State game is going to mean far less now in future years. If Day loses next year to Michigan, but they still make the playoffs and win a game or two, I can't imagine they would dump him.

How are you feeling about all this expansion? PAC 10 teams do not belong in the conference. But expanding the pliayoffs does make sense.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you feeling about all this expansion? PAC 10 teams do not belong in the conference. But expanding the pliayoffs does make sense.

I disagree with the Pac 12 teams not belonging. It's a genius move by the B1G in my opinion. They are copying the playbook of the NFL. They will become the first nationwide college football conference. I expect them to add 4 more teams in the next few years, and think they will primarily be located in the south. I could see teams like UNC, Miami, GT, and maybe some team in Texas to be teams they would like to acquire. With those markets (Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, and some big Texas market), along with all the teams they now have in the west, they would have a nationwide network. I think it will pay big dividends in future tv rights with all those large markets. It would also allow the B1G a recruiting presence in those areas.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you cry about losing when the other team was cheating.. :ipw:

It's not really a claim. You guys got caught and owned up to it. Look at it however you want, but it's still not a good look.
Do you have a shred of proof they cheated yesterday?

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back Earle Bruce!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the Pac 12 teams not belonging. It's a genius move by the B1G in my opinion. They are copying the playbook of the NFL. They will become the first nationwide college football conference. I expect them to add 4 more teams in the next few years, and think they will primarily be located in the south. I could see teams like UNC, Miami, GT, and maybe some team in Texas to be teams they would like to acquire. With those markets (Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, and some big Texas market), along with all the teams they now have in the west, they would have a nationwide network. I think it will pay big dividends in future tv rights with all those large markets. It would also allow the B1G a recruiting presence in those areas.

Moneywise it does, I just don't like it. But won't you just end up with divisions again just like in the NFL?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a shred of proof they cheated yesterday?

I have no idea if it did or didn't have any impact, but the fact is that it did happen. And it wouldn't hurt you to have a little humility on the subject instead of acting like everyone who brings it up is an idiot.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation:
80ebff5d4895501127835eec2df88dd5.gif

Translation:

As long as we win, we don't care if we cheat or not.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moneywise it does, I just don't like it. But won't you just end up with divisions again just like in the NFL?
Yup! You’d have to split it up with that many teams.

It will open up the B1G to a whole new market out west, and hopefully down south. More fans, better recruiting, and a lot more money for the conference. What is there not to love with that?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox should hire Ryan Day as their third base coach

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup! You’d have to split it up with that many teams.

It will open up the B1G to a whole new market out west, and hopefully down south. More fans, better recruiting, and a lot more money for the conference. What is there not to love with that?

The college football that I know(or knew) and loved would be dead.