• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Michigan @ #2 The Ohio State University; ABC 12 EST

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I mixed the names up, it was Bredeson. Next year won't be that down. I think the offense improves big time. The defense may take a step back but if they win on the recruits they are favored on, they will have a more talented defense in the long run. The O-Line and skill positions will be sick in two years. Maybe even Bama level.

I think in two years UM will be very, very good. Next year, I think they will be down a bit as they gain experience with so many new starters. OSU was able to transition after losing so many because of Barrett and a full roster of recruits from Urban Meyer. UM will be doing it with one full class with a year in the program and another class we just signed.

Think it will take more than that to compete at the level they did this year. The defense will take a big step back, because they will be losing two lockdown CB's. That makes life so much easier on the defense when you can put them on an island and get after the QB.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're still doing it. I'll bet you replayed that down 1000 times and will probably pull up the recording and replay it a few more hundred times today. Just let it go. I've never watched one single football game where there aren't lots of missed/controversial calls.

I posted once in response to ATF. And I didn't record the game and the only time I've seen replays was while watching the game, and on ESPN when they said it wasn't a first down this morning. And if I were an OSU fan, I'd be saying drop it too. Because they know they were given a gift. They get the call right, the game is over.

As I said though -- I'd actually be upset if I thought UM had the slightest chance to beat Bama. All that call did was save UM the embarrassment of playing Bama. Think about it -- UM sacked Barrett 8 times yesterday. What do you think Bama will do? If we could combine teams -- I think we'd give Bama a game. Unfortunately, both teams have huge flaws on offense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought MI would lose a lot worse than they did.

Not me, I was nervous that entire game. I really though even before the game UofM was going to leave Columbus w/ a W yesterday.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted once in response to ATF. And I didn't record the game and the only time I've seen replays was while watching the game, and on ESPN when they said it wasn't a first down this morning. And if I were an OSU fan, I'd be saying drop it too. Because they know they were given a gift. They get the call right, the game is over.

As I said though -- I'd actually be upset if I thought UM had the slightest chance to beat Bama. All that call did was save UM the embarrassment of playing Bama. Think about it -- UM sacked Barrett 8 times yesterday. What do you think Bama will do? If we could combine teams -- I think we'd give Bama a game. Unfortunately, both teams have huge flaws on offense.
Barret with Darboh, Chesson and Butt could be sick. Evans as well. I think part of the reason Barret has struggled is because his receivers are garbage. They dropped many balls and get no separation.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah.. heard this one before. We had no shot at Bama last time we faced them in the playoffs either. Bama is not w/out their issues. LSU basically played them to a stand-still. Had it not been for the worst LSU offense I've seen in years, they could have pulled out the victory. But late horrible turnovers put Bama in good position and they scored. You just don't know until you actually play the game.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this again. I know people rip on Barret. But his receivers are trash. Samuel is the only decent one of the unit. He probably looks much different with our WR core.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah.. heard this one before. We had no shot at Bama last time we faced them in the playoffs either. Bama is not w/out their issues. LSU basically played them to a stand-still. Had it not been for the worst LSU offense I've seen in years, they could have pulled out the victory. But late horrible turnovers put Bama in good position and they scored. You just don't know until you actually play the game.

If you had Zeke Elliott and ANY WR's on the outside for Barrett to throw to -- I'd agree with you. I said to OSU fans from the beginning of the year. Mike Weber will be good against weak tackling defenses, but would be a grind it out RB against good defenses. Samuel is OSU's only option as a playmaker on offense. I'm guessing they moved him out of the backfield, because they want to try and get him the ball in space. When you can key on one guy -- it makes it slightly easier for defend.

Barrett isn't a worse QB than he was two years ago. He just doesn't have the playmakers he had before.

As most OSU fans know. I am one UM fan who will speak the truth. I don't sugar coat anything. I'm not saying OSU would get whalloped, just because it is OSU. I think UM would get whalloped too. Give Barrett UM's WRs and Jake Butt -- I think OSU could compete with Bama. Give UM, JT Barrett and Curtis Samuel -- I think UM could compete with Bama. As the teams are right now -- Bama would shut down either offense.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Zeke Elliott and ANY WR's on the outside for Barrett to throw to -- I'd agree with you. I said to OSU fans from the beginning of the year. Mike Weber will be good against weak tackling defenses, but would be a grind it out RB against good defenses. Samuel is OSU's only option as a playmaker on offense. I'm guessing they moved him out of the backfield, because they want to try and get him the ball in space. When you can key on one guy -- it makes it slightly easier for defend.

Barrett isn't a worse QB than he was two years ago. He just doesn't have the playmakers he had before.

As most OSU fans know. I am one UM fan who will speak the truth. I don't sugar coat anything. I'm not saying OSU would get whalloped, just because it is OSU. I think UM would get whalloped too. Give Barrett UM's WRs and Jake Butt -- I think OSU could compete with Bama. Give UM, JT Barrett and Curtis Samuel -- I think UM could compete with Bama. As the teams are right now -- Bama would shut down either offense.

I don't think our offense has an easy time with Bama's D either, but I just like yesterday, we would rely on our D to keep us in the game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this again. I know people rip on Barret. But his receivers are trash. Samuel is the only decent one of the unit. He probably looks much different with our WR core.

This. Barrett is still the same QB who put up monster stats a few years ago. He just doesn't have the weapons to work with this year.

It isn't shocking to see Zeke Elliott putting up monster stats and Michael Thomas putting up big stats in the NFL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our offense has an easy time with Bama's D either, but I just like yesterday, we would rely on our D to keep us in the game.

I have the utmost respect for OSU. But as an outsider, who has no problem handing out praise to anyone Michigan plays (see the Iowa thread -- I said they outplayed us and deserved the win)

OSU would need either Zeke Elliott on loan from the Cowboys or Michael Thomas and Devin Smith to come back on loan from Saints and Jets to have a shot to beat Bama.

OSU's offense is Barrett run right, Barrett run left. Quick pass to Samuel in space.

OSU needed every call to go their way from the refs and 3 turnovers from their QB to get to OT against UM. The offense had one TD and it was a 13 yard drive helped out by 2 personal foul penalties (one called because it is a technical in basketball -- quote from the ref)

I'd like nothing more than to see Bama go down. It just isn't happening this year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought MI would lose a lot worse than they did.

I honestly did too. After reading from OSU fans about the WR's they had. I thought they would be able to do some damage through the air, as UM basically plays man all game. After getting to see them play a full game -- the only player on OSU's offense you have to worry about, other than Barrett, is Curtis Samuel.

The WR's can't get any type of separation and it makes sense now, why Barrett has struggled in some games.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the utmost respect for OSU. But as an outsider, who has no problem handing out praise to anyone Michigan plays (see the Iowa thread -- I said they outplayed us and deserved the win)

OSU would need either Zeke Elliott on loan from the Cowboys or Michael Thomas and Devin Smith to come back on loan from Saints and Jets to have a shot to beat Bama.

OSU's offense is Barrett run right, Barrett run left. Quick pass to Samuel in space.

OSU needed every call to go their way from the refs and 3 turnovers from their QB to get to OT against UM. The offense had one TD and it was a 13 yard drive helped out by 2 personal foul penalties (one called because it is a technical in basketball -- quote from the ref)

I'd like nothing more than to see Bama go down. It just isn't happening this year.

Barrett ran on you guys and you're supposed to have the best line in CFB. Teams have been stacking the box against us all year and somehow we're still here. So again, heard it all before. Bama was gonna light us up a couple of years ago and we for sure had NO shot against Miami in 02. If we're lucky enough to be selected, it's a win this season no matter what.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett ran on you guys and you're supposed to have the best line in CFB. Teams have been stacking the box against us all year and somehow we're still here. So again, heard it all before. Bama was gonna light us up a couple of years ago and we for sure had NO shot against Miami in 02. If we're lucky enough to be selected, it's a win this season no matter what.
Yeah but you guys were suppose to dominate Florida in 2006! See how that works?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly did too. After reading from OSU fans about the WR's they had. I thought they would be able to do some damage through the air, as UM basically plays man all game. After getting to see them play a full game -- the only player on OSU's offense you have to worry about, other than Barrett, is Curtis Samuel.

The WR's can't get any type of separation and it makes sense now, why Barrett has struggled in some games.

Barrett's holding onto the ball too long and even his short passes haven't had much touch. To put the blame on the o-line and receivers isn't fair. Barrett needs to get his confidence back and the coaches need to come up with a better game plan.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm.. yeah, that proves my point exactly. The team that's supposed to dominate doesn't always do it.
Hey man I'm rooting for Washington or Wiskey to win it all. No offense!