• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't this team be just like the Texans?

3-12-1 in 2022

Huge turn around and playoffs in 2023.

Same circumstances. They had a new coach in 2023 and the GM was finally free of Easterby. Had some cap space. Patriots have the same opportunities and new people and cap space.

I'll be happy if they are 8-9. Right now they seem to be looking at 5-12 or 6-11 unless the owners go to 18 games.
Are the 22 - 23 Texans the norm? Or a fluke?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Calvin Ridley.
its nonsense :suds:

Is It Beneficial to Move to a State Without Income Tax?​

Yes and no. The more you earn and the higher the tax rate in your state, the more you can potentially save by moving to an income tax-free state.

However, moving to a state with no income tax isn’t always beneficial. Every state needs money to fund public schools, build and maintain roads, pay state employees, and fund other projects and programs. If the state doesn’t get that money through state income taxes, it typically collects it from other taxes, such as property taxes or sales taxes.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No income or sales tax in NH just 60 miles north of Foxboro and part of New England.

End of discussion.
Not even close to the end. Anyone who lives in NH but collects a MA paycheck pays MA taxes. This is another one of those discussions where you want to be right despite multiple possible answers.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its nonsense :suds:

Is It Beneficial to Move to a State Without Income Tax?​

Yes and no. The more you earn and the higher the tax rate in your state, the more you can potentially save by moving to an income tax-free state.

However, moving to a state with no income tax isn’t always beneficial. Every state needs money to fund public schools, build and maintain roads, pay state employees, and fund other projects and programs. If the state doesn’t get that money through state income taxes, it typically collects it from other taxes, such as property taxes or sales taxes.
Tennessee.
My property tax is dirt cheap compared to New England.
Both my kids are or were top 10% of their class in a school that is top 20 in the state. Both are or were National Honor Society. My son, 2020 class member pinned his sister as a 2024 class member on Thursday night. Roads are nice and smooth. Sales tax is a high 9.5%, but that allows me to control my taxes. If I don't spend, I'm not taxed. I'm also fortunate that I live in a border town and can hop into Kentucky to shop anytime and spend 6% sales tax and save on big ticket items.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No income or sales tax in NH just 60 miles north of Foxboro and part of New England.

End of discussion.
New Hampshire is known as a low-tax state. But while the state has no personal income tax and no sales tax, it has the fourth-highest property tax rates of any U.S. state, with an average effective rate of 1.77%.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to the end. Anyone who lives in NH but collects a MA paycheck pays MA taxes. This is another one of those discussions where you want to be right despite multiple possible answers.
If you live in NH but work in MA, you can claim residency when you file and get that money back.
Conversely, if you live in MA and work in NH, MA will want it's "fair" share come middle of April.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you live in NH but work in MA, you can claim residency when you file and get that money back.
Conversely, if you live in MA and work in NH, MA will want it's "fair" share come middle of April.
pro players pay where they play not where they live :suds:

Do NFL players get taxed in every state they play in?

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team's state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes .

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Charlie - it only works that way for remote work. Cross the border and work, you pay MA taxes. I'm guessing you are making an educated statement but referring to rules in a different state.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bring up the taxes.

Reb has already decided it's a non factor for football players.
Reb has made it clear no player ever stated "I don't want to go there because of taxes. That some shit people here made up and others fell right in line. If so many players had made such a proclamation in the past why didn't Kraft build Gillette in NH?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pro players pay where they play not where they live :suds:

Do NFL players get taxed in every state they play in?

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team's state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes .
Let's see some proof of this please?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd to me that people believe taxes are the reason players are not coming here, yet how many players re-signed to stay? Why didn't the haul ass? The people act as if Ridley did not sign with the Pats b/c of taxes, a story line created by the media, that posters here bought into hook line and sinker. The fact we have no oline or QB could not possibly have factored into that decision. Wolfe is doing what was expected, holding onto securing talent already in place and hand selecting the pieces his is bringing in. Holding onto some cap space for rookie deal makes sense especially if they trade down and load up on players, and we have to consider leaving money for vets that get cut but may play a role for a team.

Or shit we could just move to the Live Free or Die state and players will come rushing in

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are players not signing in NY, CA, PA, DC... I'm not claiming to be a tax expert, but there are things that make you go hmmmm.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never said anything about taxes. Some sports writer made something up and you fell for it.

This conversation has gone full on retard over taxation of a player that some are crying we didn’t get with a well documented injury history and mental health issues.

Ridley is not worth the money he got paid. “End of conversation” as Ken would say.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This conversation has gone full on retard over taxation of a player that some are crying we didn’t get with a well documented injury history and mental health issues.

Ridley is not worth the money he got paid. “End of conversation” as Ken would say.
Well it seems to me when we had a great QB TB12, good oline, and a winning history taxes were not an issue. Hell Randy Freaking Moss told TB12 he wanted to come play in NE. Now all of a sudden it's taxes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee.
My property tax is dirt cheap compared to New England.
Both my kids are or were top 10% of their class in a school that is top 20 in the state. Both are or were National Honor Society. My son, 2020 class member pinned his sister as a 2024 class member on Thursday night. Roads are nice and smooth. Sales tax is a high 9.5%, but that allows me to control my taxes. If I don't spend, I'm not taxed. I'm also fortunate that I live in a border town and can hop into Kentucky to shop anytime and spend 6% sales tax and save on big ticket items.
To is a wonderful state. They have their share of big city problems in Memphis mainly. People are some of the friendliest in the country. It is very country, very southern, very bible-belt. I live in Georgia so obviously I can handle that. For those of you that prefer the fuck you atotude, there are plenty of other places to go.