• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next.

Bring it on.

I'll be hoping for a Lions versus Green Bay NFC-CG with us winning.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston kind of surprised me, just 15 plays would’ve helped.
If I have to watch Romeo miss another tackle I am going to scream

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zebra’s hate Lions - another blown call. Defense jumps into the Neutral Zone, Zebra’s call it against the Lion‘s Decker as a false start. He moves after the D player has moved forward into the zone.

And this is the ‘better’ crew based on their statistical performance.
It really is pathetic that a multi billion dollar company like the NFL has this for a product. Pathetic

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awfully damn close to neutral zone infraction if not one

A Neutral Zone Infraction

Before the snap, a defender enters the neutral zone close to where an offensive player is.

This then causes the offensive player to react and move as well before the snap.

The ref will then blow the whistle and rule that the offensive player moved due to the defensive player's initial movement.

If the offensive player doesn't react right away, the defender still has the opportunity to get out of the neutral zone and back to a legal position.

This, though, must happen before the center snaps ball.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before the snap, a defender enters the neutral zone close to where an offensive player is.

This then causes the offensive player to react and move as well before the snap.

The ref will then blow the whistle and rule that the offensive player moved due to the defensive player's initial movement.

If the offensive player doesn't react right away, the defender still has the opportunity to get out of the neutral zone and back to a legal position.

I am not going to worry about a bad call from before halftime when Rams last drive ended with an uncalled pi.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Sutton could've easily been called for DPI on that last defensive play, but it was a non-call. Sutton clearly tugged on the jersey.

First play of the game REFS missed hands to the face against LaPorta by Rams E. Jones. Non-call. It was Monte's first run.

So, there's that.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wondering.... when exactly did #97 go from close but not quite there: to racking up what 9 sacks in 5 games? Was it really all after the haircut? Was he litteraly a hair away from getting a sack all season long? MF better be shaving his head going forward. He'll he better shave the whole defenses heads just in case.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wondering.... when exactly did #97 go from close but not quite there: to racking up what 9 sacks in 5 games? Was it really all after the haircut? Was he litteraly a hair away from getting a sack all season long? MF better be shaving his head going forward. He'll he better shave the whole defenses heads just in case.
I think if you shave Azalone's hair, he'll lose all his strength...just sayin'

Reactions: Rob

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Aaron Glenn changed up the blitzing schemes. Hutchinson was generating pressure, but qbs could step in any direction where there was nobody and be fine. After the change qb had fewer places to escape to.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Aaron Glenn changed up the blitzing schemes. Hutchinson was generating pressure, but qbs could step in any direction where there was nobody and be fine. After the change qb had fewer places to escape to.
I mean... MAYBE it was an X's and O's thing. That's a pretty weak theory, completely lacking in both common sense, and real world evidence. But maybe it's possible. I wouldn't want to be the guy who called out a fellow Lions fan today, so I won't actually call it a stupid idea. Out loud. But we'll just assume you've been drinking and move on without embarrassing you further.

It's pretty obvious it was the weight of the hair was holding him back.

But maybe. giphy-1.gif

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass, run, pass? How about run, run, pass instead. So f*ing disappointing.
Run, run, run is what I wanted to see.

And more specifically, run, run, run with Montgomery.

Our first offensive play of the 3rd quarter was a Montgomery run for 4 yards. He did not touch the ball again until midway through the 4th quarter.

3rd quarter was wasted on Gibbs, who had 4 carries for -1 yard.

At least they woke up and put Montgomery back in for the last couple series of the game.

We were VERY fortunate to get that win.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... MAYBE it was an X's and O's thing. That's a pretty weak theory, completely lacking in both common sense, and real world evidence. But maybe it's possible. I wouldn't want to be the guy who called out a fellow Lions fan today, so I won't actually call it a stupid idea. Out loud. But we'll just assume you've been drinking and move on without embarrassing you further.

It's pretty obvious it was the weight of the hair was holding him back.

But maybe. View attachment 351223
The haircut is probably the correct answer, my mistake!

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Lions get Houston back this week? It would be great to see him available, better to see him play opposite Hutchinson. Still puzzling as to why they tried to switch him to a linebacker position at the start of this year. Maybe he can learn it and help shore up an area of concern, but he was really getting after the quarterback last year. Play to the player‘s strength, especially with him being out for most of this past season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Lions get Houston back this week? It would be great to see him available, better to see him play opposite Hutchinson. Still puzzling as to why they tried to switch him to a linebacker position at the start of this year. Maybe he can learn it and help shore up an area of concern, but he was really getting after the quarterback last year. Play to the player‘s strength, especially with him being out for most of this past season.
No, he officially is outside his window and is done for the year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they just clarified the rules it would not be an issue. In order for nuetral zone to be a penalty, the OL has to move. If they dont move the defender can go back out without penalty. Dumbest fucking rule in football. Just go back to the way it was. You cross the line then it is a penalty. Even get rid of the free play. More retardedness.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, I got bad info on that one. He is activated. Julian Okwara cut
1 Okwara down and 1 to go. Houston on 1 leg will get more pressure then both of them combined. Although Julian had potential he just could not master discipline. He might be brought back to the PS next year. Probably his last chance though.