• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not upset by this game. Many of our losses the Lions played like ass. This game they played well, but with key mistakes. So many small points completely change the game, and most of them are on Cambell. Lions finish the sack instead of giving up a 92-yarder was rough, not kicking a field goal in the red zone was disastrous. Even going for the xp after the penalty and we get a shot in overtime.

The main takeaways for me is Dallas rush up the middle was far better than our oline. and the pressure on the QB continued and generated very positive results. The changes Glenn has made are working. I never would have guesed that Melinfonwu would be the key for turning the defense around. Still need some key players, but D is hitting its best at the right time.
I’m still in the process of accepting we have a HC that shouldn’t make decisions.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not upset by this game. Many of our losses the Lions played like ass. This game they played well, but with key mistakes. So many small points completely change the game, and most of them are on Cambell. Lions finish the sack instead of giving up a 92-yarder was rough, not kicking a field goal in the red zone was disastrous. Even going for the xp after the penalty and we get a shot in overtime.

The main takeaways for me is Dallas rush up the middle was far better than our oline. and the pressure on the QB continued and generated very positive results. The changes Glenn has made are working. I never would have guesed that Melinfonwu would be the key for turning the defense around. Still need some key players, but D is hitting its best at the right time.

Yup, not upset about the loss either. Feels like Lamb was uncoverable. They had 20+ seconds left and a kicker with a big leg.

I'm just upset with the way it happened. But honestly more amused than upset. Way more fitting and on brand for the Lions to lose a game that way vs the other way. Although most of those game winning long kicks in history have also been against the Lions.. so...?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to Merge Campbell's ability to win over players with Jim Caldwell.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to Merge Campbell's ability to win over players with Jim Caldwell.

Ooooh! If we're vultroning Head Coached together to make a super HC, can we find a way to work in a Gatorade Fort?

(Preferably with no pretentious pencil)

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Teams in NFL history have had 2 1000 yard RBs in the same season last done in 2009.
2 other teams had 1000 yard rushing QB and RB.

Montgomery has 975 yards through 16 games.
Gibbs has 915 yards through 16 games.

So they didn't match those teams that did it in 16 games. But they do have a chance to both go over 1000 next week.

LaPorta sitting on 81 catches, most ever by a rookie TE was a believe 82 they said during the game.
He's also at 860 yards, so getting to 1000 yard season isn't likely, but not out of reach at all.

Aidan Hutchinson sitting on 9.5 sacks for the season I believe. Matching his rookie year, but still half a sack shy of the double digit milestone.

With #1 and probably #2 seed mostly out of the equation now, we could end up resting starters next week. But there's a handful of milestones to look at too.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think after the ref fuck up, Campbell should have just kicked the xp. His aggressiveness comes with good and bad, but I think the good still outweighs the bad. I am ok with theb2 point attempts, but not taking the fg is a head scratcher.

Ben Johnson not moving away from delayed runs up the middle as out interior line got destroyed was the thing that got me the most.

It is also time for those of us that have shit on Glenn to eat crow. He has made adjustments in blitzing that has helped change the entire defense.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t get a chance to watch the complete game, just the first half. Keeping the team from disintegrating after a near safety-turned-into-touchdown was surprising. The defense overall seemed improved; not perfect, but better. Even though the Lions lost, as a team, they are coming together at the right time. There’s a lot to be learned from this game that they can use to improve on.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t get a chance to watch the complete game, just the first half. Keeping the team from disintegrating after a near safety-turned-into-touchdown was surprising. The defense overall seemed improved; not perfect, but better. Even though the Lions lost, as a team, they are coming together at the right time. There’s a lot to be learned from this game that they can use to improve on.
Changing the blitzing has turned around the defense for sure. In the end out corners are still not good enough. Sutton is a solid #2 option playing as a 1. Rotating in various undrafted is just not going to work. Vildor is an improvement over Jacobs however. Lions D is a few pieces from having a chance at being elite.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think after the ref fuck up, Campbell should have just kicked the xp. His aggressiveness comes with good and bad, but I think the good still outweighs the bad. I am ok with theb2 point attempts, but not taking the fg is a head scratcher.

Ben Johnson not moving away from delayed runs up the middle as out interior line got destroyed was the thing that got me the most.

It is also time for those of us that have shit on Glenn to eat crow. He has made adjustments in blitzing that has helped change the entire defense.

I disagree. He's a good coach in terms of locker room, game preparation, and getting his team ready to play. But his stupid-aggressive game management is just bad. And has cost them games. And will continue to if he doesn't stop being a moron.

But that's not the moral of last night's story. That distinction goes to the fact that, lest anyone forget, Refs vs. Lions is the most intense rivalry in NFL, 40 years running. And the Refs keep coming up with new and ingenious ways to stay ahead.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need a Guard. That guy from K St (Beebe ?) would probably do nicely. Decker is not what he used to be and needs help next to him.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many mental fuck ups combined with Ben Johnson being atrocious inside the 10 with his play calling. We have the best short yardage back in the league and yet he has the scat back trying to run it in from the 5. Seriously need to stop with the pitty pat bullshit close to the goal line. Put in Monte and Skipper and run it down their fucking throats. No need for the fancy pants bullshit. Campbell also taking too many chances. Could have had an extra FG in the first half that would have won the game without any drama.

Agreed. My biggest pet peeve about Johnson's play calling.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be banned for life. I wouldnt want them officiating a pee-wee game.

Page Smash GIF

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even as a joke will I bring back anything Patricia
Probably a good decision.
He came to Detroit when they were semi contenders. Killed that team.
Went back to New England last year and made sure that dynasty was all the way dead.
Went to Philly this year and took over their defense late in the year and is currently killing their franchise.

That dude is bad juju. And honestly it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He's a good coach in terms of locker room, game preparation, and getting his team ready to play. But his stupid-aggressive game management is just bad. And has cost them games. And will continue to if he doesn't stop being a moron.

But that's not the moral of last night's story. That distinction goes to the fact that, lest anyone forget, Refs vs. Lions is the most intense rivalry in NFL, 40 years running. And the Refs keep coming up with new and ingenious ways to stay ahead.
He’s clearly a great dude to be around. Work with, play for, talk to, interview…. he even apologized to Dave the media member during his presser. For being a little rude. He’s a great guy, hard worker and born leader.

He gets focused effort from his guys. It’s impressive.

But I’d kinda like an apology for not just kicking the extra point on round three.