• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Montgomery
10 carries
23 snaps (Gibbs had 41)
1 snap in the 3rd quarter

I'm really starting to dislike the offensive coaching. Totally inexcusable. We don't deserve nice things.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJGJ is cleared to return to practice next week. That is awesome. No guarantee that in the 21 day window he ever clears to play, but it is looking pretty decent.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping we see Houston back on the field soon. Defense could use a spark up front. Doesn’t sound like they have a timeline for him coming back.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping we see Houston back on the field soon. Defense could use a spark up front. Doesn’t sound like they have a timeline for him coming back.
And Bruce Irving is already hurt too. Our D-line is a mess. We did get Buggs back but had to let Bohanna go (or sign him to the roster permanently)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bruce Irving is already hurt too. Our D-line is a mess. We did get Buggs back but had to let Bohanna go (or sign him to the roster permanently)
Time to give Martin his shot.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to give Martin his shot.
He played a little I believe last week but I dont remember seeing him make a play. Either way I agree we need to start figuring out what we have. We will lose Buggs next year and Levi just is not the same after the injury. Not sure if Benito is back either. Paschal did better at DT then most. We need to move on from most of these guys and draft that big fat freak from TX. Also, need to thin out some of the DEs. Romeo is the only one that can even properly seal the edge. As good as Hutch is most of the time he can play dumb sometimes.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a little I believe last week but I dont remember seeing him make a play. Either way I agree we need to start figuring out what we have. We will lose Buggs next year and Levi just is not the same after the injury. Not sure if Benito is back either. Paschal did better at DT then most. We need to move on from most of these guys and draft that big fat freak from TX. Also, need to thin out some of the DEs. Romeo is the only one that can even properly seal the edge. As good as Hutch is most of the time he can play dumb sometimes.
Hutch can generate the pressure, but nobody else does so QB can escape. We desperately need a second fiddle. Once we get one Hutchinson pressures start converting to sacks.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutch can generate the pressure, but nobody else does so QB can escape. We desperately need a second fiddle. Once we get one Hutchinson pressures start converting to sacks.
Hate to say it, but this comes down to coaching. Not sure if it’s the positional coaches or the DC. The players have some skill; the execution just isn’t there consistently. It’s like the squad forgets how to do the basics, giving the opponent just too many opportunities.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but this comes down to coaching. Not sure if it’s the positional coaches or the DC. The players have some skill; the execution just isn’t there consistently. It’s like the squad forgets how to do the basics, giving the opponent just too many opportunities.
Maybe some. Cominsky overshot expectations, but he is at best a rotational player that makes the right play. Julian Okwara never was healthy enough to improve. No question that Alim is maximizing everything, he converted from space eater to generating pressure in under a year.

I think the Houston injury was far more devastating than shows in stat sheets.

The dline is also not helped the the corners inability to cover, Sutton is a solid 2, but Jacobs should be getting the Will Harris treatment. It was small sample size, but Kindle Vildor looked promising.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are dominating offense and defense through the 1st half. Let's Go!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a while since we have seen a complete game from the Lions. The was nice to see. Paschal looked awesome, Melifonwu had some highlights and some lowlights, but he appears to be putting it together. Vildor was a find.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb And Dumber Kool GIF

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking much better on both sides of the ball. Having an intact offensive line was huge for the Lions. I’ll be going to the game next weekend. If they show Lions fans in the stands during the game, I’m the guy in a Hutchinson jersey.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking much better on both sides of the ball. Having an intact offensive line was huge for the Lions. I’ll be going to the game next weekend. If they show Lions fans in the stands during the game, I’m the guy in a Hutchinson jersey.
The home or away jersey?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The home or away jersey?
Home - I like the Honolulu blue, and am too cheap to have both versions just to try and match the team. It is a very well recognized color when I wear it locally. No one questions what team it’s for.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a while since we have seen a complete game from the Lions. The was nice to see. Paschal looked awesome, Melifonwu had some highlights and some lowlights, but he appears to be putting it together. Vildor was a find.
I was going to do a big write up. You nailed most of it. The only thing I will add is that Jonah looked like his old self in this one. He sucked against the Bears. I will also give credit where credit is due with the coaches. They finally adjusted the schemes. Johnson finally started going over the top which did not allow Denver to stack the LOS. Even Defense was better with more blitzes up the middle and better discipline by the ends. Second half was still a bit loose though but I guess when you are up 3 scores the whole game that tends to happen.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to do a big write up. You nailed most of it. The only thing I will add is that Jonah looked like his old self in this one. He sucked against the Bears. I will also give credit where credit is due with the coaches. They finally adjusted the schemes. Johnson finally started going over the top which did not allow Denver to stack the LOS. Even Defense was better with more blitzes up the middle and better discipline by the ends. Second half was still a bit loose though but I guess when you are up 3 scores the whole game that tends to happen.
There is a youtube channel All_22_films that did an amazing breakdown of the coaching. He is mostly a Ravens guy, but hits the Lions when he can.

Anyway, he talked about the changes Glenn made in this one. A major part was he added in a lot of blitzes from dbs, it is nice to see some new things show up. All his breakdowns are worth watching.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams held on last night so no playoffs yet. Probably better off. Just win Sunday and be division champs. No backing into the playoffs.