• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season began, I figured this was an L on the schedule. Didn’t think it would be a humiliation.

Same.
Worst defensive game plan I have ever seen. Best running QB in the league and we are just going to rush 3 or 4 and play off 15 yards and let him run around and do whatever the fuck he wants. Anzelone has been abused all game by Andrews. His worst game of the year. Harris just sucks. If you cant play with 5 yards of a WR you should not be out there. Get Seven Gilmore off the PS. Branch was back in the slot so there was no reason to go with Harris.

On offence it is Obvious Goff cant throw when it is windy. The throws were terrible. It is time to move on from fatass Vaitai. He is lost out there.

What the fuck is the deal with not throwing to Green? Did he insult Goff or something? This is 3 games in a row I have seen him wide open and uncovered and Goff refuses to throw to him.

Our gameplans were awful and we are getting completely outcoached. The bye cant come soon enough. Hopefully they can find a way to squeek out the Raiders game before that.

Like some have said already, Pathetic!

They did contain him somewhat if you want to call it that. But the man can throw the ball so when "containing" him amounts to giving him 7-8 seconds or more to throw he's going to kill you, so maybe try another approach.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line is a mess. Need to find a way to pull this out and at least it is at home. I think Defense needs to step up again or this one could get away from us. We probably will have issues on offense so cross your fingers. Cant believe they didnt add another center. If Ragnow is actually out I am going to be pissed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line is a mess. Need to find a way to pull this out and at least it is at home. I think Defense needs to step up again or this one could get away from us. We probably will have issues on offense so cross your fingers. Cant believe they didnt add another center. If Ragnow is actually out I am going to be pissed.
Is Glasgow not a center as much as a guard?

Worrying about the offense of a team with a bad defense seems odd.

9 wins prolly takes the division now with Cousins done for the season. 8 might get it done.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Glasgow not a center as much as a guard?

Worrying about the offense of a team with a bad defense seems odd.

9 wins prolly takes the division now with Cousins done for the season. 8 might get it done.
He is the only backup we have and will have to play if Ragnow cant go. That means he is the only center for the game. The offense cant run if the ball is not snapped.

Defense cant run the stupid vanilla shit it ran against the Ravens. That was Pathetic. Even the 1-7 Cardinals did a better job defensively then we did against them.

We should still win the division but that is not the goal unless you are happy with settling for mediocrity. Hopefully those days are behind us.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense pitches a shutout, Lions fans will be clamoring to wear those shitty looking helmets all year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the only backup we have and will have to play if Ragnow cant go. That means he is the only center for the game. The offense cant run if the ball is not snapped.

Defense cant run the stupid vanilla shit it ran against the Ravens. That was Pathetic. Even the 1-7 Cardinals did a better job defensively then we did against them.

We should still win the division but that is not the goal unless you are happy with settling for mediocrity. Hopefully those days are behind us.
Daly can snap if needed.

I’ll be fine with them winning the division. Nobody goes from shitsville to elite without passing through mediocre. Which is what this team is other than the Oline.

I’m half hard over these sweet helmets. Been embarrassing all day.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly can snap if needed.

I’ll be fine with them winning the division. Nobody goes from shitsville to elite without passing through mediocre. Which is what this team is other than the Oline.

We had a historically bad defense last year, and every piece brought in to up the talent has missed significant time, or is still learning the game, outside of Sutton. Having the defense return to their natural state should be expected.

Winning the division would be nice, and a big stepping stone towards elite. Until Jacobs moves to the emergency roll we have for Harris and an actual starter player the other CB Lions are capped.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettin a look at what Sorsdal could be. Hopefully he has a solid game

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Brodrick Martin running onto the field before the game. That is good!

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly can snap if needed.

I liked your post as soon as I read your second line.

But then I took it away for liking the helmets.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF - was Reynolds down? If not, time to get it back.

Perhaps next time the Lions may try running outside, or I don’t know, a pass….

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF - was Reynolds down? If not, time to get it back.

Perhaps next time the Lions may try running outside, or I don’t know, a pass….
No way to see through 33 people piled on him that he was down. He may have the worlds strongest ankles and refused to let his leg touch!

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tillery just looks tired. Get the cart.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A DG when you are up 9 vs a punt (on this team). Could have buried them inside the 10. This puts another FG in play to make it tough for LV, but still two scores.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then they do that!

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack - disappointing hit. No need to play dirty. Definitely don’t need to giver the Raiders D a reason to cheap shot our guys.

Reactions: Rob