• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude clearly has amazing hands. Can't figure out why he drops it so often
He caught that one with neck, LOL. Horrible technique again but somehow it stuck under his neck. I think the defender pressed it in there.

He gets so open enough though that he wont need great hands.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial x-ray negative, then the team downgraded him to out. Awaiting further tests.
This is why I hate carrying only a few RBs. Now we are down to 2. Number 3 and number 5. Knight is done for a while. Hopefully Gibbs is back next week. I still want to add another though as 2 healthy RBs is not enough.

Reactions: Rob

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He caught that one with neck, LOL. Horrible technique again but somehow it stuck under his neck. I think the defender pressed it in there.

No matter how, he had to adjust or turn around in the fly several times to have a shot. Then pulled it from the defender that had his hand on it. Amazing play, just wish he did not have concentration drops.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely awful pass.

Goff’s worst throw of the day was a TD. Somehow.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying for weeks that we need to upgrade the RB spot. I hope if the OL gets healthy we look better. Our run game was awful after DaMo went down.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying for weeks that we need to upgrade the RB spot. I hope if the OL gets healthy we look better. Our run game was awful after DaMo went down.
Run game wasn’t very good with Monty either.

He and Reynolds combined for 16 for 29 yards.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough on Monty vs Reynolds today but how do you feel going forward with Reynolds vs Monty.

Reynolds is OK if Gibbs is healthy.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely awful pass.

Goff’s worst throw of the day was a TD. Somehow.
He had a couple other bad passes, including one that he wasn't hit on, but crowded enough that he couldn't follow through.

LaPorta had a handful of drops today, but he was in very tight coverage all day, and several of the drops were poor throws by Goff.

Reynolds did well for what he is, but although he's technically 3rd on the depth chart, when guys in front of him went down, other guys were signed and saw the field ahead of him.

Mayfield also had a large gash on the tip of the index finger of his throwing hand. That's the actual part that guides the ball and controls the accuracy.

Far from a perfect game there, but this team has come a long way. It's good that we can not only win, but win comfortably when we don't play our best. Sometimes. Let's just not make a habit of it hopefully.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams starting to earn his keep.
He had literally one good play. I was actually thinking to myself right as he caught that ball that the 2 speedsters we drafted from Alabama in the top ofvthe first round had amounted to almost nothing so far. Drafted to both be big difference makers on this offense, and so far there is almost no difference.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds is a Special Teams guy to me.
He had a couple other bad passes, including one that he wasn't hit on, but crowded enough that he couldn't follow through.

LaPorta had a handful of drops today, but he was in very tight coverage all day, and several of the drops were poor throws by Goff.

Reynolds did well for what he is, but although he's technically 3rd on the depth chart, when guys in front of him went down, other guys were signed and saw the field ahead of him.

Mayfield also had a large gash on the tip of the index finger of his throwing hand. That's the actual part that guides the ball and controls the accuracy.

Far from a perfect game there, but this team has come a long way. It's good that we can not only win, but win comfortably when we don't play our best. Sometimes. Let's just not make a habit of it hopefully.
Goff’s second worst throw imo was another to JaMo. Could’ve made the catch. But wasn’t what I’d slap a drop label on. It was a bad pass.

With you on LaPorta. Will never be as critical of TEs hands as I am receivers. Doesn’t mean I don’t notice the drops though. Lol

Love that we’re 5-1, with some insanely comfortable wins for the Lions. Still very concerned with depth in various places.

Mayfield took a beating towards the end. Good thing, cuz only a couple of those overthrows being on target to open receivers and I wouldn’t be seeing any Meme’s of the crowd in the final minutes, on Facebook.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our criticism of Goff and the run game needs to be praise for the Bucs D instead. They had great coverage and dominated our oline.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run game wasn’t very good with Monty either.

He and Reynolds combined for 16 for 29 yards.
I think our criticism of Goff and the run game needs to be praise for the Bucs D instead. They had great coverage and dominated our oline.

Well they have a 400 pound DT in the middle so running inside was stupid. Glad we finally gave up on that. We could have hit several deep passes if we had actually attempted them. They were open all day IMO.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goff threw a few bad passes that were completed, but that 45 yard TD was not a bad pass... 55 yards in the air and it was right on him. The, frankly unecessary, 360 Williams did trying to locate it made it look weird, but that was a good pass.

There was one that stood out to me where.. I think it was Reynolds going across the middle, the ball was well behind him and he reached back and snagged it. He had no business catching that ball but he did.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 in a row by at least 2 TDs. No great teams there but still... and 7 of their last 8 on the road?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff threw a few bad passes that were completed, but that 45 yard TD was not a bad pass... 55 yards in the air and it was right on him. The, frankly unecessary, 360 Williams did trying to locate it made it look weird, but that was a good pass.

There was one that stood out to me where.. I think it was Reynolds going across the middle, the ball was well behind him and he reached back and snagged it. He had no business catching that ball but he did.
Horribly under thrown and back to the middle, where the defender was.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they have a 400 pound DT in the middle so running inside was stupid. Glad we finally gave up on that. We could have hit several deep passes if we had actually attempted them. They were open all day IMO.

Goff didn't have much time to get the ball deep.