• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 LA Rams Training Camp Thread

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was quickly claimed (Jets) with a bunch of teams putting in claims. Jets don't make sense though with their 3-4 D. NE cut him loose because he didn't fit the 3-4, better suited for the 4-3.

Pats board suggested the Hoody didn't like his effort in practice too

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ALR. I was thinking the same thing. And if he starts that 7-9 bullshit, I am pretty confident that McVay will yank the little turd and he will have paved the way for one foot to be out the door!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Donald should look to JJ Watt to raise some money for his new contract.

Or maybe Donald should play out his contract and realize he's got it pretty good.

The more this goes on the more I say :finger2:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to get him into camp is to fine him for every day of mandatory practice and games he's currently missed and for every day he misses from here on out (I say 10k per day). For a guy that seems to want a drastic pay raise, he'll take notice of that when his wallet gets lighter and lighter and he'll have no choice but to play. Just like with every sports star and celebrity, money talks.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
face it, he's waiting to see how bad the team needs him in the regular season. Trying to force the rams to pay more

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
face it, he's waiting to see how bad the team needs him in the regular season. Trying to force the rams to pay more

And at the same time alienating himself from the FO and his teammates.

While the rest of the team is busting their rear and trying to build team unity, Donald is throwing what amounts to a "temper tantrum" when he's not even due an extension for at least another year.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure alienating the guy you don't want to lose is a great idea.
There's a lot more people probably on the team and front office that are alienated with him that he's not coming to help the team. He needs to just suck it up and honor the contract that he signed with the Rams organization when he came out of the draft. Just play this year and then talk all throughout the next offseason.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot more people probably on the team and front office that are alienated with him that he's not coming to help the team. He needs to just suck it up and honor the contract that he signed with the Rams organization when he came out of the draft. Just play this year and then talk all throughout the next offseason.
Yeah, maybe sooner UVA Guy, I bet OBJ will get an early extension before AD. Odell's been in camp is a system that he could miss, and AD is sitting out of a complete system change. Yes AD's talent will carry him, but imagine how much he could be tearing it up had he stuck to the contract he signed.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the players felt alienated at all, we would have heard about it from a teammate,from a leak or anonymous sources. I think some of you are projecting your feelings towards Donald onto the players. They understand that it's a business and one day they'll have to negotiate or renegotiate a contract to get paid what they deserve. They're not going to hold it against Donald for sticking to his guns and trying to get a better contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That contract he signed was essentially a mandated contract via slotted draft salaries. The NFL's length of rookie contracts keeps the salaries of ultra talents like Aaron Donald artificially low, which is why you get holdouts like this.

Maybe Donald should look to JJ Watt to raise some money for his new contract.

Or maybe Donald should play out his contract and realize he's got it pretty good.

Comparing him to JJ Watt doesn't really support your point, as JJ got an extension at this same early juncture; he just didn't have to go through a lengthy hold out to get it. (Rams need to stop pinching pennies)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That contract he signed was essentially a mandated contract via slotted draft salaries. The NFL's length of rookie contracts keeps the salaries of ultra talents like Aaron Donald artificially low, which is why you get holdouts like this.

Comparing him to JJ Watt doesn't really support your point, as JJ got an extension at this same early juncture; he just didn't have to go through a lengthy hold out to get it. (Rams need to stop pinching pennies)

You missed my point. JJ Watt is trying to raise money for flood victims with no homes that lost everything they had. Donald needs to stop crying and play out at least 1 more year before he thinks about not playing in a real game.

Point was maybe JJ can raise some money for Aaron Donald's contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point. JJ Watt is trying to raise money for flood victims with no homes that lost everything they had. Donald needs to stop crying and play out at least 1 more year before he thinks about not playing in a real game.

Point was maybe JJ can raise some money for Aaron Donald's contract.

I realize that, but Watt restructured his contract at the same point in his career as AD. Was it crying when Watt did it?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still, a contract nonetheless. He agreed to it, he should be a man of his word and honor the deal that he signed.