• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 LA Rams Training Camp Thread

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's winning that fills most seats, not any individual players. If trading him and getting talent in return that'll improve the win-loss record happens, that'll definitely get bigger crowds to the Coliseum and Kroenke's palace
I agree but that winning had better begin the day after they announce they are trading their best Defensive lineman. I've been posting on a Rams MB for years, I know the fans will go berserk if they trade Donald and continue to lose.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but that winning had better begin the day after they announce they are trading their best Defensive lineman. I've been posting on a Rams MB for years, I know the fans will go berserk if they trade Donald and continue to lose.
Of that, I have no doubt. This team can't afford to get rid of their best player and get draft picks back and use them on guys that end up being another Greg Robinson. They absolutely can't screw up their draft picks or else it won't take long at all for Kroenke's palace (when it opens) to have the same amount of people that used to show up to the EJD in St. Louis in their final years there.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. Sammy Watkins was taking in drills yesterday and will wear No. 2 for the preseason, his number at Clemson. Could still switch that for the regular season.

Bad news. Goff threw 3 picks and McVay said there could have been 2 more. McVay also said the defense was playing lights out.
Let him press in practice to see what he can get away with vs a top NFL defense, and what he should stay away from.

Good to figure those things out on the practice field and not in game.
Confirmed.... :suds:

Goff said his struggles had stemmed from “being a little aggressive” and trying some things he might not otherwise attempt in games. He added that he was still learning and growing.

“You should test your limits a little bit, I think,” he said. “But at the same time I have to be smarter than that and take care of the ball better than that. And I will.”
In his third practice with Rams, receiver Sammy Watkins shows there's a lot to be excited about

Also read the link, it's a good story on Sammy!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed.... :suds:

Also read the link, it's a good story on Sammy!

Imagine this group of WR's on the same team. No wonder Taj Boyd looked good in college.

512x.jpg

Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant, DeAndre Hopkins, Daniel Rodriguez

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last few days of camp..

FIELD-LEVEL OBSERVATIONS:

- Ball protection drills were featured as a point of emphasis for the third consecutive day of training camp. McVay said that after the five fumbles occurred in the preseason opener, protecting the football would be a primary focus on the practice field.

“You look at it and it starts with me — I’ve got to do a better job of emphasizing it and it’s like we talked about too, you try to mimic and emulate those game like situations, as much as possible in practice,” McVay said of the drills. “We’ve got to be mindful of protecting, especially in those congested areas. Looking forward to seeing how we improve on Saturday.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald could reportedly extend Rams holdout into the regular season
via http://cbssportsapp.com

A complete joke, Donald needs to get his still under contract ass to camp!!!!
Just wish if he ends up holding out into the season that we can just be able to keep him another year and freeze his eligibility.

This guy just needs to come into camp. If any of us did as great of a job at our jobs as he did at his and sat out until we demanded a pay raise, we'd all more than likely be shown the door and replaced pretty quickly. He should just play out the contract that he agreed to when we drafted him.
I really wish that with all these guys that demand higher contracts when they perform good that the owners can also decrease the amount in the contract if the performance is subpar.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the reason he is holding out, he has preformed well over the last three years and will be asked to fit into a different defensive scheme. Maybe he has a down year because of it and loses all that he has worked hard for and accomplished to date.

But with that, the Rams are in the same boat, if he indeed struggles in the new system, than they can easily over pay for an interior D lineman that is not performing in the defensive system the are using.

Maybe they need to offer a 2 year team option for a 3rd totaling $50M for the full three years. This way he gets the raise he deserves now, and the Rams aren't strapped if he struggles under in the new system.

Should he play well in the new system, than he can redo a longer term deal in a year or two. As for AD, if he struggles in the new system, than he can leave after three years (Similar if he played out his rookie deal and was tagged in his 6th year, but he will still be known that his is a first team all pro in the 4-3 system.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I went to the training camp today around 1:30pm. Practice to begin at 1:45pm only to find out that the Rams bumped up today's practice to 10am.
:gaah:

It would have been nice if they posted it on their website, as I did check it before I headed out.

What's worse, I didn't even have today's practice on the radar, until we picked up Sammy Watkins.

Oh well, that was my last chance to see them up close and personal. I do have plans to go to the Chargers @ Rams in two weeks.

The starters should play into the 3rd quarter, and they have some really good seats on Stub Hub on the cheap!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is why I don't mind Donald sitting out the pre-season.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take, lol. Beckham sprained his ankle, serious injury? Dirty hit? Not really.

Right? I was happy to find a video of the hit and his reaction going to the locker room.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the hit was dirty... It was certainly awkward, but not necessarily dirty...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the hit was dirty... It was certainly awkward, but not necessarily dirty...
Yep, if there was no injury, there would be no foul. We just can't call a play dirty based solely on the results and not the actual play.

IMO, it wasn't dirty, the defender went low on a WR going high, and ends up hitting the knees.

Maybe the Eli should throw a better ball so the defender can make a normal tackle on the dudes thighs. :dhd: