• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency Talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff and Wentz rated higher than Mariota?? :lol: Just stop right there. That's stupid dumb. CBS = hacks. Go look at their Mocks. Most of them have Paxton Lynch at #15. I don't pay attention to more than 1/2 of these hacks.

CBS has Lynch ranked at #33 overall. Mocks are by individual writers, and too many don't put enough thought into every pick.

NFL Draft Prospects

So, to summarize, anyone who disagrees with SJ is drinking the Kool-Aid.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Greg Zeurlein? I believe he's an unrestricted FA. Apparently there is no urgency to resign him and I haven't heard any speculation on the amount and length of a potential contract.

This leads me to believe that we will wait until after the draft to address the field goal kicker position. Therefore, we may try to save money at the position like we did when we drafted Zeurlein and cut our million dollar kicker at the time.

If we trade down and pick up extra picks, I wouldn't put it past Snead to go get Roberto Aguayo - K - Florida State.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS has Lynch ranked at #33 overall. Mocks are by individual writers, and too many don't put enough thought into every pick.

NFL Draft Prospects

So, to summarize, anyone who disagrees with SJ is drinking the Kool-Aid.

I actually agree with you a lot lately. But yes, if these experts disagree with me.. They are drinking kool-aid. :nod:

:thumb:

<----- watches more college football than any human.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Greg Zeurlein? I believe he's an unrestricted FA. Apparently there is no urgency to resign him and I haven't heard any speculation on the amount and length of a potential contract.

This leads me to believe that we will wait until after the draft to address the field goal kicker position. Therefore, we may try to save money at the position like we did when we drafted Zeurlein and cut our million dollar kicker at the time.

If we trade down and pick up extra picks, I wouldn't put it past Snead to go get Roberto Aguayo - K - Florida State.

Aguayo is a beast. Someone is going to jump on him before round 3 IMO

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Greg Zeurlein?
Good question...he's been blowing it lately. The past two seasons have not impressed me so maybe the Rams aren't too impressed with him either.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aguayo is a beast. Someone is going to jump on him before round 3 IMO

I would like us to use one of our seconds to trade down and pick up an additional 3rd so we can take him.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question...he's been blowing it lately. The past two seasons have not impressed me so maybe the Rams aren't too impressed with him either.

I always thought that he would boom a 70 yarder!! Boy...was I wrong!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fisher said he wants to resign him, but he will have competition for the starting spot. Zeurlein was ranked the worst kicker in football in 2015.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those criticisms of Goff are similar to what Carr's were coming out of Fresno State.

and where was Carr taken? top of the 2nd round- not top 10 like they are projecting Wentz and Goff

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<----- watches more college football than any human.

melkiper.jpg

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and where was Carr taken? top of the 2nd round- not top 10 like they are projecting Wentz and Goff

And Carr is a franchise caliber QB who teams wish they chose. Just ask the Browns.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most players who have questions about their game are going to drop.

some prove everyone wrong ( Brady ), but a good majority don't pan out.

just because Carr looks to be an exception doesn't automatically mean Goff/Wentz will be. chances are 1 or both of those guys will be in the majority that don't pan out.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every prospect has questions. Hell, people thought Donald's size would be an issue.

Carr dropped because of his brother's reputation. Anyone who actually watched him play knew he had the physical tools and mental make up to succeed. I feel like Goff is a very similar prospect to Carr and having watched him play, I have a feeling he's going to be a damn good QB. I'm not sure about Wentz, haven't seen him in action. I feel like Goff is the best QB and he is someone who knows how to deal with adversity, helping turn Cal's program around.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...........some of us have to work on Saturday! Then we drink beer later!:suds:

Saturday has been my day for a long time. Come fall it's football season and it's definitely been fun watching the Noles. We have a stud RB right now in Cook. And of course FSU is DBU.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every prospect has questions. Hell, people thought Donald's size would be an issue.

Carr dropped because of his brother's reputation. Anyone who actually watched him play knew he had the physical tools and mental make up to succeed. I feel like Goff is a very similar prospect to Carr and having watched him play, I have a feeling he's going to be a damn good QB. I'm not sure about Wentz, haven't seen him in action. I feel like Goff is the best QB and he is someone who knows how to deal with adversity, helping turn Cal's program around.

Carr is a great example of a guy that needs 1 year. Which is another reason I look to see what guys like Petty & Mannion do in season 2. Grayson and Hundley really won't get to see any PT unless Rogers or Brees get hurt. Jameis and Mariota both will be good if not great players.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those criticisms of Goff are similar to what Carr's were coming out of Fresno State.

IMO Carr was more studly than Goff was in college. Maybe because Goff wasn't on the radar until Mariota left the Pac 12. But even Hundley got some hype pre-2014/2015 season. Mannion set all kinds of records in the Pac 12. If Goff comes out last year, I'm not sure where he would have gone..?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher said he wants to resign him, but he will have competition for the starting spot. Zeurlein was ranked the worst kicker in football in 2015.
Fisher just needs to stop having the dude attempt 55+ yard field goals at every opportunity in a game.

The psyche of a kicker is so dependent on success that these pie in the sky attempts at every opportunity mid game affect the psyche of a kicker so much, that I believe it translates down to his lower attempts.

Find his sweet spot and range and keep him in there.

If there is an end of game situation that has him attempt a game winner plus 50 than do it then.

Hitting those are great for the psyche, missing mid game attempts are just the opposite, whether they are 40+ or 50+.

:2cents: