• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency Talk

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have 3 serviceable QB's on the roster. Keenum and Foles are bad (hence why we were last in almost every passing category) and Mannion is an unknown. Goff or Wentz (I prefer Goff) would be immediate upgrades for the Rams.

I'm still mad they didn't trade up for Carr in 2014 or took any of the WR's in that class.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I know that ALR but it seems that Snisher always want to make a splash on Draft day to prove they are not a couple of bozos acting as a legitimate FO. If they would just use their head, they would get what they are after and select talent that is right there in front of us.

And seems when they have three serviceable QBs, they want somebody else that is spectacular. WTH? They haven't even considered Foles making a comeback or even giving Mannion a chance. Nope, du-da, du-da, off we go to the draft to be really great!! Dumbasses!

Exactly Retro

I don't understand them going after a QB when they haven't even given Mannion a shot.

They did take him in the 3rd round after all, so they must have thought enough about him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have 3 serviceable QB's on the roster. Keenum and Foles are bad (hence why we were last in almost every passing category) and Mannion is an unknown. Goff or Wentz (I prefer Goff) would be immediate upgrades for the Rams.

I'm still mad they didn't trade up for Carr in 2014 or took any of the WR's in that class.

I agree with your last statement.

I'm not so sure Wentz/Goff are immediate upgrades though.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely not immediate upgrades...Both guys will need to sit at least a year to get used to the pro game...

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can plug Goff in right away, he's played in a pro-style system.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2015, they should have drafted Hundley in the 4th and TJ Clemens in the 3rd instead of Mannion and Donnal, especially since they wouldn't need to trade up.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they they saw enough of Manion last year at practice to know he's not going anywhere. It was a stupid wasted pick like so many. I do think they need to give Foles another shot.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read SE. The rookie contracts of Havenstein, Brown, and Wichmann are pretty cheap. We will probably re-sign Reynolds and Zeurlein. I am not sure on Welker.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Rams: Why run blocking is more important that pass blocking
Originally posted on isportsweb.com | By Kaleel Weatherly | Last updated 4/2/16

The Los Angeles Rams have an offensive line that is young and physical. Indeed, they do not have the best offensive line in the NFL, but those big guys up front can really punish defenders when Rams’ running back Todd Gurley has the ball in his hands. In order for the Rams to be successful in the future, their offensive line is going to have to open up rushing lanes for Gurley.

This line consists of offensive tackle Greg Robinson, guard Rodger Saffold, center Tim Barnes, guard Jamon Brown, and offensive tackle Rob Havenstein. No, these players are not household names. But they are physical players who love to knock opposing defensive linemen into the dirt.

The only flaw against the Rams’ offensive line is that they cannot pass protect on a consistent basis. According to espn.com, the Rams gave up a league-low 18 sacks last season. Yes, that is impressive, but do not let that statistic fool you.

There has been many times last season where Rams’ quarterbacks Nick Foles and Case Keenum had to throw the ball away to avoid getting sacked. Even though the offensive line did not give up a lot of sacks, opposing defensive fronts were harassing whoever was playing quarterback for the Rams at that time.

The good news for the Rams is that their offensive line is still very young. They will get better at pass protection as the years go by. At the end of last season, though, the offensive line started to play with cohesion.

Remember this statement: The Rams are a run-oriented team, so the offensive line needs to be good at run blocking, for the most part. Yes, this offensive line did open up a lot of rushing lanes for Gurley last season. The Rams ranked seventh in the league in rushing in 2015, per espn.com.

Rams’ head coach Jeff Fisher knows that the offensive line is not strong in pass protection. But the big men up front can open up rushing lanes. The reason why pass protection is not a huge issue for the Rams is because Fisher wants to run the ball most of the time in games. This does not mean that the offensive line can stop trying to improve in pass protection, but run blocking is more important in this offense.

For the Rams to be successful on offense, they have to make sure Gurley is performing at a high level. Gurley’s success depends on his offensive line. Some people will argue that the Rams still need help up front. Well, why is that? Is it because they cannot pass protect as well as other offensive lines in the NFL?

When the Rams drafted Robinson out of Auburn in 2014, they knew he was not very good in pass protection. But Robinson was an outstanding run blocker. When the Rams drafted Havenstein and Brown in 2015, they knew both players were good run blockers, too.

Robinson, Havenstein, Brown, and the rest of the Rams’ offensive linemen are perfect fits in Fisher’s offense because these players are true maulers in the run game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold isn't going to last much longer because his body is shot. I suspect he'll spend more time hurt this year-again. Insert Wichmann when that happens.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold isn't going to last much longer because his body is shot. I suspect he'll spend more time hurt this year-again. Insert Wichmann when that happens.

Yep, just another bad signing by the Rams.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goff/Wentz are not upgrades. Would they beat out Keenum or Foles? I highly doubt it. They would be slightly better than Mannion was last year as rookies.

WE NEED G ROB TO SHOW THE EFF UP THIS YEAR or our passing game is pathetic again. Oline Oline Oline before a QB pick at #15 overall.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff/Wentz are not upgrades. Would they beat out Keenum or Foles? I highly doubt it.

I disagree completely. They are definite upgrades, just may not be ready to step right in this season. Goff is from the spread and Wentz is jumping a level of competition essentially coming from 1-AA. They are both more talented than Keenum/Foles/Mannion.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree completely. They are definite upgrades, just may not be ready to step right in this season. Goff is from the spread and Wentz is jumping a level of competition essentially coming from 1-AA. They are both more talented than Keenum/Foles/Mannion.

Upgrades how? Talent? Based on what? What they did at Cal or NDSU? Against WEAK defenses? What did Goff do at Cal? I watched the guy throw 4 INTs vs Utah. Did he set any records? Nope. And Mannion did that in the Pac 12.

Not impressed at all in these QBs. I think they would all get murdered back there in the pocket, especially if our Oline or LT does not improve drastically.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked Carr. Kid was mobile and he's got fire. Carr had a helluva college career btw.

Don't sleep on Oakland this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams should stay where they are and take a WR, CB, or DT with the 15. If Lynch is there in the second, then take him with the second pick after they take Kelly the big Center with the first of our two seconds.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Carr. Kid was mobile and he's got fire. Carr had a helluva college career btw.

Don't sleep on Oakland this year.

You could tell day 1 that he was going to be a great leader and he's proven that so far. I like that Raiders squad as well. Imagine if they draft Ezekiel Elliot...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams should stay where they are and take a WR, CB, or DT with the 15. If Lynch is there in the second, then take him with the second pick after they take Kelly the big Center with the first of our two seconds.

WR, CB, Center with the first 3 picks could be huge for the Rams. The CB Jackson from Houston is damn good athlete too, but he can't tackle real good.

I would love to see the Rams get Hargraves and Doctson somehow. Those are both starters IMO and would be great additions.