• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ran the highest payroll in the league when Big 3 was here?

What would you call them?
for at least a couple of the years i believe it was the Lakers- and Dr. Jerry backing up a historic top 10 talent with a huge financial commitment--- the exact type of thing you should do when you have a top 10 player of all time. If you dont do that- you run the risk...

but alas- i think we have exhausted this conversation- and to be honest- i dont think either one of us are convincing eachother - lol.

Im just glad LeBron is back in Cleveland, the Cavs are the defending champs, we have an owner who's financial commitment is second to NONE, the Cavs are in first place- and they have a great opportunity to continue improving the team- and every single night its INCREDIBLY fun to watch.

once march madness is over then things REALLY start to get fired up for what should be another helluva ride.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you dont think Williams will play in the playoffs? Ill guarantee you he does.

i dont know whats so hard to undrstand here.

Channing Frye had a very nice role early on in the playoffs- and then- when the matchup dictated he didnt play- they went another direction. He played ZERO minutes against Golden State after having some really nice games early in the playoffs.

As always Griffin and Lue will plan it out and play the matchups

you are clueless if you think that Williams will not play in the playoffs. Either that or you just havent watched him on the Cavs yet . lol.

I said he will play....only in blowouts or early foul trouble unless they decide to bench RJ. Only way he is getting consistent minutes in the playoffs is due to injuries or he passes RJ in the rotation The Cavs are not using a 11 man rotation in the playoffs. Simple as that. It is going to be 9 or 10 deep at the most.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for at least a couple of the years i believe it was the Lakers- and Dr. Jerry backing up a historic top 10 talent with a huge financial commitment--- the exact type of thing you should do when you have a top 10 player of all time. If you dont do that- you run the risk...

but alas- i think we have exhausted this conversation- and to be honest- i dont think either one of us are convincing eachother - lol.

Im just glad LeBron is back in Cleveland, the Cavs are the defending champs, we have an owner who's financial commitment is second to NONE, the Cavs are in first place- and they have a great opportunity to continue improving the team- and every single night its INCREDIBLY fun to watch.

once march madness is over then things REALLY start to get fired up for what should be another helluva ride.

Nothing to convince, the numbers speak for themselves, and you just acknowledged that the Lakers, who sucked, were paying the most.

You act like the Heat rid of players/salary like OKC did with Harden which factually is just inaccurate.

As far as exhausted, the only one who ever brings is up is YOU.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to convince, the numbers speak for themselves, and you just acknowledged that the Lakers, who sucked, were paying the most.

You act like the Heat rid of players/salary like OKC did with Harden which factually is just inaccurate.

As far as exhausted, the only one who ever brings is up is YOU.
well thats one thing we DEFINITELY agree on.

the numbers sure do speak for themselves. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he will play....only in blowouts or early foul trouble unless they decide to bench RJ. Only way he is getting consistent minutes in the playoffs is due to injuries or he passes RJ in the rotation The Cavs are not using a 11 man rotation in the playoffs. Simple as that. It is going to be 9 or 10 deep at the most.
of course- but just because one guy plays in one series doesnt mean he is going to play in the next. Itll depend on the matchup, who's hot, etc.

Ill guarantee you Derrick Williams plays meaningful minutes in meaningful games. Maybe not EVERY series- but there will be times where he is the right guy for the right situation- just like last year with Frye, Delly etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...once Love and Smith get back the Cavs bench is REALLY going to have some major firepower. Korver 6/10 from 3 against last night. He is ON FIRE.

last night they had 3 guys in double digits.....lets ASSUME they get Deron Williams- which isnt exactly a safe assumption at this point- but i would say its more likely then not (a preponderance of the evidence standard, lol)

so- starting lineup is:

KI
JR
Bron
Love
Tristan

so on the bench the Cavs could potentially look like:

Deron Williams
Kyle Korver
Derrick Williams
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Richard Jefferson

now that is a HELLUVA bench that Lue can pick and choose and play matchups with....David Griffin has really done an excellent job molding this team over the course of the season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...once Love and Smith get back the Cavs bench is REALLY going to have some major firepower. Korver 6/10 from 3 against last night. He is ON FIRE.

last night they had 3 guys in double digits.....lets ASSUME they get Deron Williams- which isnt exactly a safe assumption at this point- but i would say its more likely then not (a preponderance of the evidence standard, lol)

so- starting lineup is:

KI
JR
Bron
Love
Tristan

so on the bench the Cavs could potentially look like:

Deron Williams
Kyle Korver
Derrick Williams
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Richard Jefferson

now that is a HELLUVA bench that Lue can pick and choose and play matchups with....David Griffin has really done an excellent job molding this team over the course of the season.

Remember when everyone said the Warriors would suffer without Bogut?
It appears they aren't even interested in him.

As far as the Cavs. James and any mix/match will beat the EC.
If they can't beat the Warriors then all the other mumbo jumbo means nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korver and Williams really have played great since being added....considering the injuries to Love and Smith- they were very well needed pieces.

“It just makes our team that much deeper,” Lue said of Korver (who has made 52.3 percent of his 3s since joining the Cavs) and Williams (who has made 57.1 percent of his shots overall). “I’m glad they’re getting a chance to play and figure things out, understand how we play, and we can kind of understand who they are and how they play. We get Kevin and J.R. back, then we can understand each other and fit pieces where they need to fit.”

thats just disgustingly good--- making over 52% of his 3's since joining the Cavs?! lol....and Williams has been a revelation for the bench unit- 57.1% from the field...

pretty cool....

Cavs were kinda down in the dumps in January- adjusting to the loss of smith, the trade for - some knickknak injuries for love and kyrie....

that adversity always seems to bring them together. DAvid Griffin always says it- this team seems to play better as the hunter- then the hunted--- they always seem to be better when they are facing some kind of adversity. Im just glad its not as bad as the first 2 years- year 1 when they were 20-20 through 40 games- and year 2 firing their freaking coach. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when everyone said the Warriors would suffer without Bogut?
It appears they aren't even interested in him.

As far as the Cavs. James and any mix/match will beat the EC.
If they can't beat the Warriors then all the other mumbo jumbo means nothing.
ya gotta admit- that is potentially a HELLUVA bench that David Griffin has/potentially has put together without hardly any assets.

being totally capped out- and hardly any assets- this team is going to be BETTER than last years team- even if they dont get Deron Williams- if they do end up getting them- even the biggest moron out there couldnt say that Mozgov/Delly > then Derrick williams, Deron Williams, Kyle Korver...ya know?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca I hope you're not watching the game. I didn't think it was possible to score 50 points in one quarter. Yet, here we are.

There was a game on?

blind-man.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love them or hate them the Warriors are playing literally the highest level of team excellence in the modern NBA era. This is just a fact. Even if you hate them for how they got here (adding Durant), that they are here is a simple fact.

Pump the brakes a little. It's the regular season. "Playing literally the highest level of team excellence in the modern NBA era" doesn't mean shit if they don't win the title. Just like winning 73 games didn't mean shit without a title.

Also, let's see them go through the playoffs and win the title while losing only 1 game in the playoffs (as a couple of teams have) and then we can talk about "highest level of team excellence in the modern NBA era."

Having said that, they are playing at a pretty fucking high level. I mean, a 50 point quarter against the team that is currently sitting in the 4 position for the playoffs...that's pretty impressive.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually saw some outrage over this on Twitter.

Do people not know what a Troll Pierce is?

He never shuts up.

I always thought Ratatouille was a bitch. Tweeting about it afterwards instead of saying it to Dryamond confirms it all.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya gotta admit- that is potentially a HELLUVA bench that David Griffin has/potentially has put together without hardly any assets.

being totally capped out- and hardly any assets- this team is going to be BETTER than last years team- even if they dont get Deron Williams- if they do end up getting them- even the biggest moron out there couldnt say that Mozgov/Delly > then Derrick williams, Deron Williams, Kyle Korver...ya know?

Agree, he's making wine out of sewer water.

Hey, off topic....

Think they can score FIDDY in a quarter?

* sobs inconsolably*

crying-waterfall.gif

Pardon me, I have something in my eye.

Might be a Curry 3 pointer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Ratatouille was a bitch. Tweeting about it afterwards instead of saying it to Dryamond confirms it all.

See, I don't have a emotional attachment to Paul.

So, I don't feel sorry for him....at all.

You can't get any burn on a Team that is pure shit at the position you play?

Shut your pie hole.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the video of Draymond kicking Blake Griffin last night. He sure has redefined the phrase kickin' it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending Champs

Highest payroll in the HISTORY of the NBA

Hopefully adding Deron Williams.

it was a freaking awesome day to be a Cavs fan!

You keep posting about the highest salary in the history of the NBA as if it means something. The cap is also the highest it's ever been in the history of the NBA, so someone was going to have the highest salary in the history of the NBA. It just so happens that it's the Cavs because Lebron has stolen Gilbert's purse.

I'd be willing to bet that there are several teams who are paying more in salary than they ever have and there may be a couple of teams who are paying more salary than whatever the highest previous salary was.

Just like the Warriors 73 wins last year meant nothing because they didn't win a title, if the Cavs don't win it, it means nothing more than paying a whole lot of money to finish 2nd.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep posting about the highest salary in the history of the NBA as if it means something. The cap is also the highest it's ever been in the history of the NBA, so someone was going to have the highest salary in the history of the NBA. It just so happens that it's the Cavs because Lebron has stolen Gilbert's purse.

I'd be willing to bet that there are several teams who are paying more in salary than they ever have and there may be a couple of teams who are paying more salary than whatever the highest previous salary was.

Just like the Warriors 73 wins last year meant nothing because they didn't win a title, if the Cavs don't win it, it means nothing more than paying a whole lot of money to finish 2nd.
well how do you want to calculate it? if you dont want to use the actual numbers- why not % over the salary cap?

% over the salary cap? you get the same result.

% over the 2nd highest team? you get the same result.

no matter how you break it down- its the same EXACT result.

Status
Not open for further replies.